Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

i hate gareth emery

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jul-09-2012 20:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sadface
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
I find it hard to believe that he would have zero knowledge about this, specially this being such a HUGE festival. It doesn't make any sense that his agent has been having problems for a month and Gareth knew nothing about it. Anyway, sucks that I will not get to see him, since I was really looking forward to his set.

What happened here is that his management decided to trash the organizers of Global Gathering by posting a statement placing all blame on them. This obviously got the organizers of GG upset and they released a statement which was not favorable to Gareth Emery or his staff about not playing the festival because of billing. I guarantee you that his management did not foresee global gathering folks releasing such statement and now what can they do?? DAMAGE control!!!! Why? Because it makes Gareth look like an ass.

I think it's reasonable that a guy with a schedule like Gareth wouldn't bother keeping up to date on every one of his festival bookings. You say "oh it's such a huge festival" but he's playing 2 other big UK festivals this summer, plus several other major festivals all over europe. It makes perfect sense that he would just assume his management would have his booking issues taken care of after he approved the gig.

More importantly, it's pretty clear this is Global Gathering's fault in the first place for booking 2 guys as being billed #2. It seems frustrating for the fans but it's a big ego thing between artists and agencies so the event promoters know they have to work around that.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 20:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sadface Click here to Send Sadface a Private Message Add Sadface to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

yeah, sure. I guess I'm just a bit pissed that I won't see him..

Old Post Jul-09-2012 21:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
I find it hard to believe that he would have zero knowledge about this, specially this being such a HUGE festival. It doesn't make any sense that his agent has been having problems for a month and Gareth knew nothing about it. Anyway, sucks that I will not get to see him, since I was really looking forward to his set.

sure it can be hard to believe but only if you unfamiliar with how the whole world tour type thing works out

I've talked to various DJs (including GE) about this type of thing. it's unfortunate but this isn't a perfect world, it seems like it was a communication breakdown meets stressed out management more than anything else.

GE is a very reasonable and awesome guy, he wouldn't cancel it if it was his decision. His facebook page (having known him) comes off about as legit as it can. Sorry to rain on the hate parade you guys got going

you're obviously all free to have your opinions, just my $.02\

e: no i haven't talked to him about this issue, the above is entirely my opinion

Old Post Jul-09-2012 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

Ge has such a huge ego he showed up at the artisan after his marquee gig in Vegas.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 23:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
sure it can be hard to believe but only if you unfamiliar with how the whole world tour type thing works out

I've talked to various DJs (including GE) about this type of thing. it's unfortunate but this isn't a perfect world, it seems like it was a communication breakdown meets stressed out management more than anything else.

GE is a very reasonable and awesome guy, he wouldn't cancel it if it was his decision. His facebook page (having known him) comes off about as legit as it can. Sorry to rain on the hate parade you guys got going

you're obviously all free to have your opinions, just my $.02\

e: no i haven't talked to him about this issue, the above is entirely my opinion

this, i agree with. i've met him once and he was a really chill dude. i really think its his agency and agencies can be some EVIL mother ******s.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 23:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tosh
Supreme tranceaddict

He's a very down to earth guy. There are so many little things in the statements that can be seen through on both sides. I just doubt they'd back out for no reason.

I did love when they said that Ferry was very professional about the miscommunication.... Of course he was! I got billed higher! hahaha Should he have been mad about that?

I feel like the main issue is that there was a lack of action to rectify a mistake in paperwork. Somewhere a contract says the order, but it wasn't followed or fixed.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 07:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Tosh Click here to Send Tosh a Private Message Add Tosh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf
Ge has such a huge ego he showed up at the artisan after his marquee gig in Vegas.

so your saying he doesn't have an ego since he showed up and played?(assuming) details plz.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 16:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

quote:
Originally posted by modthispny
so your saying he doesn't have an ego since he showed up and played?(assuming) details plz.

i think it was sarcasm but you never know with bigperf

Old Post Jul-10-2012 17:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
i think it was sarcasm but you never know with bigperf

exactly.

if anything im guessing they both walked in together with artist passes.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 18:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

At the end of the day though, besides for ego, does it really matter where you get billed at? Seems this is a huge issue with many especially having to agree to the artists before and after them. That is just insane. Some of the best sets I have enjoyed at festivals for instance came on at sunset as opposed to the late night hours. Will you really not enjoy your set as much if its 2 hours earlier or later than agreed upon (accidentally or otherwise). Regardless if Emery had no control over this, agencies somehow are looking into these things and they must have been told to do so by the artist at some point...

Old Post Jul-10-2012 19:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

It's stupid to argue over whose 'fault' it is. At the end of the day, it's only going to reflect poorly on one person: the performer involved.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 19:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread