Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
anomalies
Supreme tranceaddict

Looks like the OP jumped the gun and is trying to save face after Bjorn layed it down. Well said on his part, sometimes I wish I knew some of the stuff that went on on the inside, but its probably for the better that I don't. I'm a huge fan of Gaz, travelled up to Ruby Skye from SoCal on several occasions to see him and have always been lucky to talk to him after the show (second time while I was wasted in line at Jack in the Box). He's always been nothing but friendly when I've dealt with him and maybe thats why I'm such a big fan.

Sad to hear this happened though. While I'm not too partial of his recent use of electro and dirty dutch tracks, the guy always brings it and his sets are always a good time regardless of how much he's deviated from his current form.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 04:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for anomalies Click here to Send anomalies a Private Message Add anomalies to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
Old World Fart

Confused and probably shouldn't give a shit but is this entire thread about Gareth's ego? Again and maybe I'm being dense but I don't see anything Gareth or Bjorn said that is in disagreement with what Global Gathering is claiming. That Gareth (was) pulled out because of a flyer conflict. Gareth didn't deny it and seems to verify that this is what happened and is blaming it on management. The only point they seem to be making is that Gareth doesn't have an ego.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 05:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
freakster
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GPC
Confused and probably shouldn't give a shit but is this entire thread about Gareth's ego? Again and maybe I'm being dense but I don't see anything Gareth or Bjorn said that is in disagreement with what Global Gathering is claiming. That Gareth (was) pulled out because of a flyer conflict. Gareth didn't deny it and seems to verify that this is what happened and is blaming it on management. The only point they seem to be making is that Gareth doesn't have an ego.

theyre doing damage control.

clearly its all about ego.

if it was about his fans, he would have accepted equal second with ferry and played the show.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 06:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for freakster Click here to Send freakster a Private Message Add freakster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by freakster
if it was about his fans, he would have accepted equal second with ferry and played the show.

I think that's a relatively extreme, or anti-gareth position to take. I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but Bjorn (who seems to know what he's talking about) generally disagrees with that position. Obviously, he has his own reason for spinning it one way.

My main concern/point/whatever is this: whatever the fuck happened, or whoever the fuck caused this, it only reflects poorly on Gareth. Anybody who is annoyed with the festival is going to end up thinking (regardless of the shit that they buy into/listen to) that Gareth is the one to blame. Obviously we don't know all the facts - but my guess is that there's always a way to work out these issues. Festivals generally don't lose ticket sales (in any significant number) when artists drop out, especially not lately with festivals releasing the lineups later and later.

What I'm saying is that this was a misstep by Gareth and his management. I don't know much about the festival, but this won't hurt them. On the other hand, some people that were already losing faith in Gareth will react in the same way that others have in this thread already, considering this "another nail in the coffin." I think it was GPC who aptly put it that way. Can't be arsed to look back right now

Old Post Jul-13-2012 09:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

p.s. i'm drunk

Old Post Jul-13-2012 09:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
freakster
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
p.s. i'm drunk

you write more eloquently than most sober people on here

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for freakster Click here to Send freakster a Private Message Add freakster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

based on the posts in this thread i was able to replicate with 99% accuracy, what went down:

global gathering:
gareth emery:
gareth emery management:

: hey we accidentally booked your slot twice
: aw that sux wat happen, bro?
: we gave it to the intern :/
: thats fine im sure we can work something out
: thanks for being so flexible!
: np, shit happens, let me just ask-
: fuck u pieces of shit i want to be #2 cancel this gay show im not playing at ur gay #3 festival
: hey gareth u should probably reconsider and think of the ramifications
: FUCK YOU I AM GOD, BOW BEFORE ME

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
3tlk
Junior tranceaddict

the only reason this is a big deal is of the way GG handled this. artists miss shows or are removed from the line up for various reason all the time. usually it is announced one the website saying they regret...blah blah blah... whatever the underlying reason i would have to side with Gareth only because GG handled it so unprofessionally.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 21:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 3tlk Click here to Send 3tlk a Private Message Add 3tlk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 3tlk
the only reason this is a big deal is of the way GG handled this. artists miss shows or are removed from the line up for various reason all the time. usually it is announced one the website saying they regret...blah blah blah... whatever the underlying reason i would have to side with Gareth only because GG handled it so unprofessionally.

You do realize that Gareth's management put out a statement first stating that global gathering had committed "numerous contractual breaches." It's obvious that Gareth's management were pissed about something and they release a statement filled with details that most fans don't give a shit about. In the end, why release such a statement to the fans that are naive and have no knowledge of how the "industry" works.

Anyway, as you stated cancellations happen all the time, and a simple statement with out putting blame on anyone would had resulted in a better outcome for all. But as you probably read on this topic, Gareth's own tour manager came on this topic to rant like a pissed little bitch, and attacked me because I had posted Global Gathering's response. And again a response that was triggered due to the stupidity of Gareth's own management. This shows the type of "professionals" that Gareth has chosen to be represented by.

But... it's already Friday, time to move on..

I hope that I'm able to catch Gareth in Europe if I ever go back.. However it does suck that he won't be at global.

Old Post Jul-14-2012 02:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

WHO CARES!

there will be 10 other djs playing the same garbage at the festival

Old Post Jul-14-2012 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
3tlk
Junior tranceaddict

i didn't realize that that, because of the ordering of the original post i thought GG posted there statement first and Gareth's management came back with a rebuttal. in the end, they both should have just played nice.

i personally think we are in a EDM bubble. one which companies like Live Nation will pay dearly from purchasing the likes of Creamsfield and Insomniac going buck wild by throwing festivals all over the place and too close together. what do they have now: EDC, Nocturnal Wonderland, White Wonderland, and Escape from Wonderland all in the same general vicinity.

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
You do realize that Gareth's management put out a statement first stating that global gathering had committed "numerous contractual breaches." It's obvious that Gareth's management were pissed about something and they release a statement filled with details that most fans don't give a shit about. In the end, why release such a statement to the fans that are naive and have no knowledge of how the "industry" works.

Anyway, as you stated cancellations happen all the time, and a simple statement with out putting blame on anyone would had resulted in a better outcome for all. But as you probably read on this topic, Gareth's own tour manager came on this topic to rant like a pissed little bitch, and attacked me because I had posted Global Gathering's response. And again a response that was triggered due to the stupidity of Gareth's own management. This shows the type of "professionals" that Gareth has chosen to be represented by.

But... it's already Friday, time to move on..

I hope that I'm able to catch Gareth in Europe if I ever go back.. However it does suck that he won't be at global.

Old Post Jul-14-2012 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 3tlk Click here to Send 3tlk a Private Message Add 3tlk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphanasia
tranceaddict

i miss the old gareth emery

Old Post Jul-15-2012 19:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphanasia Click here to Send euphanasia a Private Message Add euphanasia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Gareth Emery Pulls out of Festival because he was listed #3
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread