Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Pirates of the Caribbean Remix Comp (Hans Zimmer)
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

Pirates of the Caribbean Remix Comp (Hans Zimmer)

Looks kinda interesting

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportun...mix-opportunity

quote:
Use the Hans Zimmer and Rodrigo y Gabriela stems and remix each song to win $1,000 and a feature on Spinner.com!

On Stranger Tides
Angelica (Featuring Rodrigo y Gabriella)

On May 20th we'll be witness to one of the great pirate epics of our time, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, featuring the distinguished cast of Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane, and Geofrey Rush. To provide the music to this epic adventure, Disney has engaged Hans Zimmer, one of the greatest film composers of our time, along with the virtuosic guitar-wielding duo Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Now Disney wants you to create a new pirate jewel.

Here are the details:

Use the stems from either the "Angelica Suite", written by Hans Zimmer, Eduardo Cruz, Rodrigo Sanchez, and Gabriela Quintero; or from "On Stranger Tides", written by Hans Zimmer, Eric Whittacre, and Geoff Zanelli; to create remixes
Submit as many entries as you like
No dialogue or other sound samples from any of the Pirates of the Caribbean films may be used in the submissions
Stems from one track may be mixed together, but may not be mixed with stems from the other track
Pre-order the soundtrack, which will be released by Walt Disney Records on May 17th!

Pre-Order the Soundtrack Now

Rewards

1 Grand Prize Winner (Chosen by the Judges from all of the submissions)

The Grand Prize Winner will:

Receive $1,000
Have their track featured on Spinner
Will be considered for inclusion on a future Walt Disney Records release
Receive the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack Treasures Collection Boxset signed by Hans Zimmer.

10 Honorable Mentions (Popular Vote)

The 10 Honorable Mentions will:

Receive the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack Treasures Collection Boxset signed by Hans Zimmer.

Old Post May-11-2011 05:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for J.L. Click here to Send J.L. a Private Message Add J.L. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BshidoHEAT
don't be that guy!!!

Important to note that you can only enter if you have a premium account with the site which involves 50 dollar for a year, or 5 dollars for a month on the site.

old and new mixes.
My stream where I DJ and play games! <---- NEW LINK

Old Post May-11-2011 06:47  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for BshidoHEAT Click here to Send BshidoHEAT a Private Message Visit BshidoHEAT's homepage! Add BshidoHEAT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

You can do it with a free account. Free accounts let you have 3 "premium" opportunities a year. Premium accounts allow you unlimited.

Old Post May-11-2011 07:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for J.L. Click here to Send J.L. a Private Message Add J.L. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kitphillips
is actually a guy.

I guess you need something to justify those stupid cannons you have on stage which fire "cannonballs" over your head at climactic moments.

Old Post May-11-2011 11:05  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for kitphillips Click here to Send kitphillips a Private Message Add kitphillips to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post May-11-2011 17:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post May-11-2011 17:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post May-11-2011 17:46 
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

lol nice pictures.

But to be honest, this is Hans Zimmer, and Disney or not, simply looking at the different stems and playing around with them has already taught me a lot about his sound design and compositional techniques.

Old Post May-11-2011 17:47 
BshidoHEAT
don't be that guy!!!

quote:
Originally posted by J.L.
You can do it with a free account. Free accounts let you have 3 "premium" opportunities a year. Premium accounts allow you unlimited.

Good to know, when signing up for a free account I didn't see this anywhere. I'll try to download the stems tomorrow.

old and new mixes.
My stream where I DJ and play games! <---- NEW LINK

Old Post May-12-2011 08:53  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for BshidoHEAT Click here to Send BshidoHEAT a Private Message Visit BshidoHEAT's homepage! Add BshidoHEAT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
psymon.d
mr. dilkington

beyond the experience of remixing the track itself, doubt theres much to be had in it, for those new to indaba. obviously they get shitloads of remixes, and just arbitrary select a few and choose the winners out of those. remember a few i participated in during the summer, and the ones in the top 10 were, at the very least, were mixed in a horribly amateur way. i heard many others that sounded virtually objectively better!

Old Post May-12-2011 11:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for psymon.d Click here to Send psymon.d a Private Message Add psymon.d to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rodri Santos
Supreme tranceaddict

i'd like to remix a Hans Zimmer track but i'd better go for Time, Gladiator or something of the like than joining one of this contest so that you get frustrated because a pop mix poorly engineered won.

My New Set Peak Time Club Techno

Beatport Top 10 Chart April

Old Post May-12-2011 14:28  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Rodri Santos Click here to Send Rodri Santos a Private Message Add Rodri Santos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

remix competitions are wortless, the biggest names wins always.

Old Post May-12-2011 16:01 

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Pirates of the Caribbean Remix Comp (Hans Zimmer)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread