Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Overplayed deep 'Crosstown/hot creations' bass lines everywhere!
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Euphorica
Next level beats

lol elevator music is right.

one thing Im tired about the scene is how fast these kiddies want to move on. They beat the crap out of something and want the next fix ...rinse repeat. The quality tracks go the way of the dodo bird way to quickly.

Old Post Jul-20-2012 19:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
but one thing that really annoys me about this type of sound is when you have DJs playing extremely slow and pitched down the entire night. This is fine if you're doing it right, but I find a lot of DJs these days are playing pitched down music just to say that they did, because all of a sudden the slower you can play, the cooler you are. I'm sorry, but I don't go out to hear elevator music at 4am. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying slow music is bad. In fact, it can be the best kind of music if done right, but playing slow just for the sake of playing slow is pretentious and frustrating for people on the dance floor.

i kind of disagree with this, i think playing slower music works perfectly if you know how to execute it properly, not every slow track is great but some slow tunes don't even sound slow, when the pace for the night is set early on you don't even notice the speed of a slow track if it's not a track that was 125 bpm pitched down to like 110 or something, that surely will sound like shit and drag along.. i have more beef with dj's that play elevator music like you call it, meaning it's way too "soft" sounding for the slot that they are playing. soul clap/wolf + lamb/deniz kurtel are notorious for that, a lot of times it works but a lot of times it doesn't.

it doesn't have to be a banging set but it has to have some "meat" on it to get people to move, if i want to listen to some very soft shit at peaktime i'd go see some jazz performance or something.

Old Post Jul-20-2012 21:37  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

What if you've been told you're playing too slow your whole life?

Old Post Jul-21-2012 00:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click Here to Email DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mindspin1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DigDeep

Than you should be wearing a helmet and riding on a smaller bus.

Old Post Jul-21-2012 02:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mindspin1 Click here to Send mindspin1 a Private Message Add mindspin1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

And responding to my pm

Old Post Jul-21-2012 07:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by geroin

I thought the same thing at first, but I think he was correct in saying that it's good if you do it right, however playing slow just for the sake of playing slow is pretentious. Play what sounds good, no matter what tempo or style, not just because you're trying to get people to go "Yo I counted it myself, he hit 98 bpm, that's so ballsy brah".

Old Post Jul-21-2012 07:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DigDeep

Old Post Jul-21-2012 08:02  United States
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
However, I haven't really been going out to clubs in this scene very much in the past 6 months - 1 year, but one thing that really annoys me about this type of sound is when you have DJs playing extremely slow and pitched down the entire night. This is fine if you're doing it right, but I find a lot of DJs these days are playing pitched down music just to say that they did, because all of a sudden the slower you can play, the cooler you are. I'm sorry, but I don't go out to hear elevator music at 4am. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying slow music is bad. In fact, it can be the best kind of music if done right, but playing slow just for the sake of playing slow is pretentious and frustrating for people on the dance floor.

this ^.

Old Post Jul-21-2012 19:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bcope Click here to Send bcope a Private Message Visit bcope's homepage! Add bcope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vanos
Underground

Most genres rise and fall. Over the history of electronic music I think techno and house showed the most staying power but that is not because their greatness per say but because they are constantly evloving into new genres/sounds that are being re-classified as techno/house.

As for the new deep house/nudisco etc. A lot of it way to cheesy for me but I really liked this one recently:

Old Post Jul-22-2012 01:54  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vanos Click here to Send Vanos a Private Message Add Vanos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I like a few of Kid Who's remixes quite a lot. Silver City's quality too.

Old Post Jul-22-2012 04:03  United States
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-22-2012 05:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420

Nice.

Old Post Jul-22-2012 17:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Overplayed deep 'Crosstown/hot creations' bass lines everywhere!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread