Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > SSD (again)
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

So Ive decided to upgrade my Macbook Pro with a SSD and some new RAM. Figured Intels 520 series 120gb would do me just fine but when googling abit there seems to be a problem with Intel SSD on macs? see intels forums: http://communities.intel.com/message/162290

Also i read on comments on youtube (when looking on tutorials on how to change it) that Macbook Pros 13-inch, Mid 2009 might only have SATA2 making max reads to 3gb/s and therefore no reason to get the 520 serie?? wtf should i do then? Also tips on RAM would be great.

Last edited by clay on Jul-23-2012 at 18:09

Old Post Jul-23-2012 18:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Got an intel 160gig SSD, no problems here.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jul-23-2012 18:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

which serie intel? 520? 510? 330? and what mac-model?

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

quote:
Originally posted by clay
which serie intel? 520? 510? 330? and what mac-model?

Hmm i can't remember. My Macbook pro is the one that came out before retina display.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: SSD (again)

You are right about SATA2 on your machine, I'd go with the 3xx series unless you plan on getting a new computer like tomorrow

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

thanks but its almost the same price (in norway) and the 330 serie seems to have a different controller which i cant really find much info about on a macbook so im getting the 520 and hoping for the best.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 20:57 
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
Hmm i can't remember. My Macbook pro is the one that came out before retina display.

just press apple - about this mac - more info - system report - serial ata then post a printscreen of it.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 20:58 
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Ok i'll just do it

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:13  United States
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

press system report then go to sata and press the HD-bay so i can see the HD and the link speed.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:29 
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

sorry it doesn't say sata anywhere

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:33  United States
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:35  United States
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

you need to enable trim support or your drive will die alot quicker.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > SSD (again)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread