Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > **** protools
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
meriter
Supreme tranceaddict

can we just agree to call all electronic tracks "bangers" from now on?

EDIT: still waiting for the season premier of 'Ow my Balls'

Old Post Jul-31-2012 02:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fredjan
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
Or maybe not. Maybe it's just an honest but pathetic attempt to lump together a bunch of genres under one umbrella that sound vaguely similar but actually have completely different styles, tempos, origins, and influences. Nobody can actually agree on what EDM is.

That's pretty much it.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 02:14  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for fredjan Click here to Send fredjan a Private Message Add fredjan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
...which is a totally stupid phrase. To 99% of the world it's all just "techno", and to the 1% who actually go "EDM" events it's completely meaningless because DnB is not even in the same ballpark as house music.

Effectively it ends up being little more than a buzzword used by electronic music elitists to declare otherness. It symbolizes everything normal people hate about that crowd, the tacit acknowledgment that all of the subgenres are indistinguishable to outsiders along with the subtle insinuation that this somehow confers superiority to the insiders.

Or maybe not. Maybe it's just an honest but pathetic attempt to lump together a bunch of genres under one umbrella that sound vaguely similar but actually have completely different styles, tempos, origins, and influences. Nobody can actually agree on what EDM is. Is chillout EDM? Acid jazz? Ambient? Does it have to be all electronic or can it have real instruments, and if it's the latter, doesn't a lot of pop music qualify? It's impossible to pin down.

Moral of the story: The acronym EDM is bullshit. At least the word "beats" actually tells you something semi-useful about it (i.e. that its main focus is... beats... which it is.)

No name will account for everything, but i think Electronic Dance Music is pretty damn good. Beats means nothing. A beat is pulse which all music has. It may mean something to some people, i don't see anything elitist about EDM. IDM is a different matter.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 02:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CondomMachine
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
No name will account for everything, but i think Electronic Dance Music is pretty damn good. Beats means nothing. A beat is pulse which all music has. It may mean something to some people, i don't see anything elitist about EDM. IDM is a different matter.

I prefer calling it love music or euphoria.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 06:25  Sierra Leone
Click Here to See the Profile for CondomMachine Click here to Send CondomMachine a Private Message Add CondomMachine to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
Supreme tranceaddict

finally.... been looking for this pic forever

Old Post Aug-01-2012 17:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

"No need to learn boring music theory."

Fucking disgusting. But I bet whatever genius made this is making a decent amount of $$. But, to be fair, that $$ will last only a year or so until the next POS to profit off of idiots is released.

Patches for your:
Access Virus TI,
Alesis A6 Andromeda,
DSI Prophet '08 / Tetra / Mopho / Mopho X4,
Nord Lead 3,
Nord Lead 2X / 2 / Discovery VSTi,
Roland JP8000 / JP8080

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

makes you wonder who bites tho. Sort of like those nigerian scams. I mean it must work. But to be honest, i can't think of anyone over the age of 8 that would be turned on by this.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fredjan
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
makes you wonder who bites tho. Sort of like those nigerian scams. I mean it must work. But to be honest, i can't think of anyone over the age of 8 that would be turned on by this.

Extremely desperate people.
Hell, I almost bit a scam that offered $80/hour. Thankfully I never got into it though.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 04:46  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for fredjan Click here to Send fredjan a Private Message Add fredjan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
dogsexer

I posted this in another thread a while ago.

http://www.dubturbo.com/

Old Post Aug-02-2012 05:37  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

at the end she says

dubturbo, fuck ya!

dubturbo seems somhow better.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 16:30 
Greeny1210
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

I think a lot of gimps who think all the latest shit that's out these days is cutting edge and cool (even though to me it sounds like its all gone backwards musically from what was around 7-14 even 21 years ago) will be wanking themselves silly over stuff like this.
you know the ones who dont't give a shit about the music just how many bitches and phat rides they can see from it.

I stopped watching about halfway through I was either going to piss myself laughing or stick my first through the screen

''There is almost no learning curve at all. Every song you make will be a banger! ''

yo I make beats bro, siiiick!!!!

Hypnotic Dreams - Classic Prog Trance mix
Eternal Sound - Progressive Trance mix
One for the Underground - Dark Progressive mix

Old Post Aug-02-2012 20:47  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Greeny1210 Click here to Send Greeny1210 a Private Message Visit Greeny1210's homepage! Add Greeny1210 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

that is the thing tho,

dumb people get the software their idols use. Dumb people think the DAW actually matters more than it does and dumb people tend to know how to download as well so it isn't like they would buy something anyways. So i don't see who this is aimed towards. Kids that then nag their parents ? That is about the only group i can think of.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 21:32 

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > **** protools
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread