Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Tiesto made $22mil last year according to Forbes
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
supply/demand

Exactly.

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
TMZ did report today that on that list Pauly D was ranked 7th making 11 million, lol. Where would he be without Jersey Shore...

But he does have it, so why wonder?

Old Post Aug-04-2012 15:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
satur8

When does it the point where its just plain greedy? You're already worth 12 million but thats not enough is it? Time to reach for five times that. Whatever, its a free world, apparently; carry on.

Old Post Aug-05-2012 23:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
When does it the point where its just plain greedy? You're already worth 12 million but thats not enough is it? Time to reach for five times that. Whatever, its a free world, apparently; carry on.

How is it greedy? He will never make more any point of his life, so if he can secure as much money as he can during this point of his life why not. I highly doubt in 3-5 years he'll be making even half of that.

Old Post Aug-05-2012 23:55  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
satur8

True i guess im hating, good on them for having all the success and money.

Old Post Aug-06-2012 00:13  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
I highly doubt in 3-5 years he'll be making even half of that.

I dunno, the population of people with bad taste and a lot of money seems to be continuously on the rise these days. I could see him pulling in $30+ mil a year easily...

Old Post Aug-06-2012 07:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bucky
Supreme tranceaddict

And 3-5 year ago people talked like everything was dead.

Old Post Aug-06-2012 16:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bucky Click Here to Email bucky Click here to Send bucky a Private Message Visit bucky's homepage! Add bucky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
I dunno, the population of people with bad taste and a lot of money seems to be continuously on the rise these days. I could see him pulling in $30+ mil a year easily...

Maybe, but if we take for example 4 years... 4 years ago was when he really started pulling himself out of club venues and more into commercial concert venues. I think this year and next are more peak years because of the other types of talents that the populations are into.

Because of the surge or electro/cheese factors out there now, I don't think he has that much shine unless he goes along with the Skrillex, Avicci, Aoki wagons.

So really, he might was well ride this train for as long as he can until he gets replaced.

Old Post Aug-06-2012 16:34  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Prometheus Xex
Still alive.

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
So really, he might was well ride this train for as long as he can until he gets replaced.

Agreed.

Old Post Aug-07-2012 03:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Prometheus Xex Click here to Send Prometheus Xex a Private Message Visit Prometheus Xex's homepage! Add Prometheus Xex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
no dj who spins other people's records should be paid 22 million a year

That's a retarded statement. He is entitled to earn what ever the market pays him.

Nobody is forcing promoters to pay him his fees. They willingly pay, because he brings in that much more money. If the shows are not financially viable anymore, his fee will go down.

It's capitalism, only the market can determine what the right price is.
---------------------------------------------
And for the free ride for his management...not so easy IMO.

So many stars fall out of sync with the fans, so many stars loose touch. The EDM scene has evolved very quickly in the last 10-15 years. There has to be something said for being able to stay current, stay at the top of the charts, and stay in the front of people's minds. Whether you are still critically acclaimed, is another thing altogether.

How many pop/rock/rap stars from 15 years ago, are making more money today, then back when they hit it big for the first time?

Old Post Aug-07-2012 16:51  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
That's a retarded statement. He is entitled to earn what ever the market pays him.

Nobody is forcing promoters to pay him his fees. They willingly pay, because he brings in that much more money. If the shows are not financially viable anymore, his fee will go down.

It's capitalism, only the market can determine what the right price is.
---------------------------------------------
And for the free ride for his management...not so easy IMO.

So many stars fall out of sync with the fans, so many stars loose touch. The EDM scene has evolved very quickly in the last 10-15 years. There has to be something said for being able to stay current, stay at the top of the charts, and stay in the front of people's minds. Whether you are still critically acclaimed, is another thing altogether.

How many pop/rock/rap stars from 15 years ago, are making more money today, then back when they hit it big for the first time?

you may think it's a retarded statement, i'm not looking at it from a market standpoint. He could be farting in the mic for $30 million that does not make it any more right. There are bands out there that haul equipment on their backs from city to city who are 100 times more talented than he is making original music and are struggling to make their ends meet making less than 30 g's a year.

Old Post Aug-07-2012 18:07  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
you may think it's a retarded statement, i'm not looking at it from a market standpoint. He could be farting in the mic for $30 million that does not make it any more right. There are bands out there that haul equipment on their backs from city to city who are 100 times more talented than he is making original music and are struggling to make their ends meet making less than 30 g's a year.

"Right" has nothing to do with it. There is no, right or wrong.

What he is doing is not immoral. You may not agree with the level of compensation with respect to his effort/skill/quality, but that doesn't matter at all.

He provides a service, people way. Its a completely fair exchange.

Old Post Aug-07-2012 18:25  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
"Right" has nothing to do with it. There is no, right or wrong.

What he is doing is not immoral. You may not agree with the level of compensation with respect to his effort/skill/quality, but that doesn't matter at all.

He provides a service, people way. Its a completely fair exchange.

i'm not going to take this any further, if you think what he's doing is ok then go right ahead.

ps.

Old Post Aug-07-2012 18:48  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Tiesto made $22mil last year according to Forbes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread