Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Whats good for starting DJ set up?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

Whats good for starting DJ set up?

Hey guys - just wanna see what you would suggest to start out a home DJ set up, lookin' to fiddle around with some music and do some remixes what not.

I have an IMAC desktop, there's a start haha.

So, speakers, programs, etc...anything would help so that I can set a budget and piece it together. Thanks fellas

Old Post Aug-14-2012 19:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bltzkrieg09 Click here to Send bltzkrieg09 a Private Message Add bltzkrieg09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

You might want to check out the dj booth.

People here will tell you to get pioneer stuff but i suggest a pair of Technics 1200's (second hand) and traktor scratch pro. You can get CDJ's but its all based on preference. If you want go to the midi controller iMac route, you can do that or if u want to get Kontrol s4 from NI, its good as well. For mixers, Allen & Heath is a good option. I prefer vestax because its more for turntablism but its your choice.

Since your starting, second hand on ebay or craigslist is best.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Aug-14-2012 20:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

Thanks Juan!

Old Post Aug-14-2012 20:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bltzkrieg09 Click here to Send bltzkrieg09 a Private Message Add bltzkrieg09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Anytime Shane.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 20:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon
Supreme tranceaddict

If you really want to learn how to dj PLEASE!! Go pick up some Technics and a shit ton of vinyl. Learn the proper way then move on to the next step.

You can get a solid set of used 1200's for less than a grand.

Old Post Aug-15-2012 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

You see, Donnie Knows.

Old Post Aug-15-2012 20:23  United States
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

awesome! So, how about speakers? Is traktor scratch good for remixing tracks?

Old Post Aug-16-2012 02:01  United States
junkproject
Supreme tranceaddict

Get some krk studio monitors.

Old Post Aug-16-2012 04:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for junkproject Click here to Send junkproject a Private Message Visit junkproject's homepage! Add junkproject to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

quote:
Originally posted by bltzkrieg09
awesome! So, how about speakers? Is traktor scratch good for remixing tracks?

Depends on what you wanna do, if you plan to have parties and large gatherings then some good powered mackie's will do the trick, but if you are just mixing at home then some good budget monitors will be good if you plan on doing smooth mixing for example Yamaha HS80M Active Studio Monitor. These are good for producing as well. For remixing, a good daw (Digital Audio Workstation) would be best. Since you have mac i would look into Logic 9. You can get it from the app store for $299 use to be $500. When i first started out i bought KRK's and lemme tell you they suck. Worst low frequency response ever.

Old Post Aug-16-2012 13:21  United States
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Here's a pic of the yamaha monitors in good position and Allen & Heath Mixer.

And here's a picture of a hot babe that happens to be there too

Old Post Aug-16-2012 13:55  United States
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

Duuuude, is that your set up Juan?!

Hey girl heyyyyy lol. I take it that's yours too? if so, snaps to you my friend.

I appreciate everyone's input. I'd really like have a set up to play at the house for small parties and produce. I'll check out that logic pro and start shopping around online.

Anyone else wanna put up a pic of their set up? Also, who's gonna teach me lol

Old Post Aug-16-2012 16:48  United States
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

quote:
Originally posted by bltzkrieg09
Duuuude, is that your set up Juan?!

Hey girl heyyyyy lol. I take it that's yours too? if so, snaps to you my friend.

I appreciate everyone's input. I'd really like have a set up to play at the house for small parties and produce. I'll check out that logic pro and start shopping around online.

Anyone else wanna put up a pic of their set up? Also, who's gonna teach me lol

Naw Naw, thats not my setup, I just found that pic that had the monitors i was mentioning. That girl is pretty hot yeah but she's not mine either lol.

Here's my setup, i need to buy higher stands for my monitors still.

Old Post Aug-16-2012 17:01  United States

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Whats good for starting DJ set up?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread