Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > if you were getting fired
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Serial Killer
Supreme tranceaddict

if you were getting fired

or being laid off and had some shit on your boss,
would you let it out before leaving? couple of years back, i got laid off and after i was done expressing myself to the HR how I feel the current boss operates, they didn't let me go back to my office to get my stuff and rather had security bring it to me.. had a bunch of loose change which they mailed to me...lol

Old Post Mar-14-2014 13:41  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Serial Killer Click here to Send Serial Killer a Private Message Add Serial Killer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Laying people off is typically a decision. You'd just be proving them right.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 13:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

If you worked as well as you burned bridges, you might not have to use a spatula.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 13:49  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

There's a difference in burning a bridge and defending yourself.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 13:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Defending yourself in this way does wonders for your resume.

If they wan't to fire you/lay you off just be cordial and keep it to yourself. You still might get a reference out of it. Why defend yourself to a company that is making it very clear that they don't want you nor think you are good enough for them. Defending yourself will not get your job back. Also: would you really want to save your job at a place you are not wanted? Spatula.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 14:10  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

It would just make you look like a vengeful, sore loser. Just leave with whatever dignity you have left.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 14:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

I don't know what environments you all work in, but if someones after me I'm certainly not letting them walk all over me. It's not revengeful if you defend yourself for the work you do. Now if you're fucking up, that's on you, but then you'd have nothing to defend.

Anyone who walks away with the so called 'pride' and care about their resume will only ever do that for the rest of their life, think and care about it but never act on it.

If your shit don't stink, don't let anyone else tell you it stinks stand up.

If you don't ask for a promotion or a raise you'll never get one.

If my junior doesn't ask me for more loot, I think oh she's happy getting that money and doesn't need more nor does she care about her career.

Step up, stand out, hold your own no one's gonna just give you a promotion and if they are out for you, there's only really one person that's gonna have your back...and that's your own.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 14:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

a few years ago, I got wind of a e-mail in which a VP basically called me to other co-workers and other VPs saying I Do Nothing in the e-mail. This VP was on my case from the time he got to the company...

My mgr at the time was appalled at this e-mail and went on his was by defended me by writing a response back CC 2 more VPs and the HR mgr

after I got wind of this, I let things calm down for a bit and waited for till after weekend. I went to in HR mid Monday morning and told her I knew about the e-mail. She basically said that I was going to have to take it and did nothing about it. I could have threatened by going above her position or even confronting the VP who did this, but I didn't

Fast forward to now. I've gotten a nice promotion with a generous raise. The VP on the other hand, got demoted, got busted for following around a with a co-worker, in the mist of a divorce and looks to be not getting his contract renewed.

If he does leave, or is giving notice, I may say something in joking matter by showing him the e-mail..

sometimes, its better to take the high road. you are more of a man if you do

Old Post Mar-14-2014 14:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

What Comrade Jay said minus the spatula. If you're still mad we can role play. I'll be your boss.

Like a boss: you're fired whatever your name is.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 14:59 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Laying people off is typically a decision. You'd just be proving them right.

and feeling moral superiority and putting doubts in their mind is worth how much to you exactly? Who cares if they feel like they might've made a mistake. They didn't want you there so why would you care much about what they might think of you. Also I've heard of plenty of situations where someone's boss did actually do something horribly wrong (e.g. only got their promotion by consistently claiming credit for the person in the situation's work or worse) so in that case what'd be wrong with deliberately damaging their reputation when they deserve it and it won't make you worse off?
quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
Anyone who walks away with the so called 'pride' and care about their resume will only ever do that for the rest of their life, think and care about it but never act on it.

It's work. Sure you wouldn't want to do that with your friends but if it's work what's wrong with letting people have the wrong impression if it means more $$$ at the end of the day? Sometimes it's alright to leave people ignorant.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 15:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Psyshell
so in that case what'd be wrong with deliberately damaging their reputation when they deserve it and it won't make you worse off?

The chances of it being "worth it" are so infinitesimal. Revenge takes fucking time and resources, and when it looks like you're going to be out of a job no matter what, you're wasting your own time fighting a battle with no substantial benefit.

Yes, if someone is deliberately fucking with you or doing something truly unethical or illegal, you ought to do something. But that wasn't my takeaway from the original post; he was talking about doing something petty just because it feels good. Don't waste your time on people you will never see again. Get fucking paid somewhere else, or don't.

Old Post Mar-14-2014 15:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

i just believe in standing up for yourself, whether it's personal or professionally.

if i'm being laid off and the reason i'm being laid off is because of this thing my boss did and I'm taking the fall for it, i'd confront it with the evidence I have.

That doesn't mean to throw someone under the bus on your way out as an act of vengeance. Like if I'm going down you're going down also...

Old Post Mar-14-2014 15:36 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > if you were getting fired
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback_______2003 Track Needs IDing________ [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSpace Frog - Lost In Space (Yves Deruyter Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread