Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > SBE class action settlement
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

SBE class action settlement

Got this in my email.

quote:
EMAIL NOTICE

This is not an advertisement or attorney solicitation.
SBE Entertainment Group is sending you this notice of a proposed class action settlement that may affect your legal rights. This notice is being sent to you by Court Order so that you may understand your rights and remedies before the Court considers final approval of the proposed Settlement on June 30, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.

A Settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit entitled Adrian Popescu v. SBE Entertainment Group, et. al., Case No. BC494064, against SBE Entertainment Group, (“Defendant”), concerning mandatory and undisclosed service charges for the food or drinks purchased at restaurant, nightclub, or bar/lounge establishments owned or operated by Defendant within the State of California. Under the terms of the proposed Settlement, Defendant has agreed to the following:

1. To publish all mandatory gratuity and service fees, by amount and/or percentage, to all customers who patronize any nightclub, restaurant, and/or bar establishment owned or operated by Defendant.

2. To itemize any mandatory charges separately on guest bills and receipts, by percentage or amount, and to subtotal these mandatory charges separately on guest itemized bills and receipts.

3. To provide Participating Settlement Class Members with a $20 credit voucher redeemable for food and/or drink purchases at Participating Establishments owned and operated by Defendant.

4. To pay the costs of class notice, costs of the claims administration, class counsel fees and costs, and the named Plaintiff’s enhancement award.

If you qualify as a Settlement Class Member, you may (1) submit a Claim Form to receive benefits by May 30, 2014, (2) exclude yourself from the Settlement by May 30, 2014, (3) object to the Settlement by May 30, 2014, or (4) do nothing. If you choose to do nothing, all of the Court’s orders will apply to you and will legally bind you to the terms of the Settlement. You will remain in the Settlement Class, and you will give up your right to sue in court or arbitration or be part of any other lawsuit or arbitration against Defendant or its affiliates regarding any issues related to the Released Claims, which are explained in the detailed notice that you may obtain at www.tableservicefeesettlement.com or by calling the Claims Administrator at 1-877-366-1159.

For full details on the Settlement and further instructions on what to do to submit a claim for benefits, opt out of, object to, or otherwise comment upon the proposed Settlement, please go to www.tableservicefeesettlement.com, or contact the Claims Administrator at 1-877-366-1159.

Please do not reply to this email.

Old Post Mar-20-2014 21:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

saw this too, i never get table service or anything so doesn't affect me from my understanding

from the website:
quote:
If you purchased food or drinks at any nightclub, lounge, bar or restaurant located in California owned and/or operated by SBE Entertainment Group or its affiliates within the time-period of October 18, 2008 to March 6, 2014, and were charged a mandatory service, table or other fee separate and apart from any gratuities, you may be able to get benefits.

Old Post Mar-20-2014 22:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

so what's the story to this? SBE ripping people off?

Old Post Mar-21-2014 15:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
SBE ripping people off?

Always ripping off. Always discriminating against non white, non blonde hair blue eyes.

Owner is Persian Jew, (Sam Nazarian) doormen are trained to reject anyone who looks middle eastern or Persian. I would never even try to get into their clubs unless I was with a table.

Old Post Mar-21-2014 20:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Always ripping off. Always discriminating against non white, non blonde hair blue eyes.

Owner is Persian Jew, (Sam Nazarian) doormen are trained to reject anyone who looks middle eastern or Persian. I would never even try to get into their clubs unless I was with a table.

I heard they had this door guy that was just a complete ass wipe. People went as far a to creating a blog about how much they hated him.

Old Post Mar-21-2014 20:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I heard they had this door guy that was just a complete ass wipe. People went as far a to creating a blog about how much they hated him.

Yup. This douche:

http://thedirty.com/2010/08/xiv-dou...or-guy-brian-3/

Old Post Mar-23-2014 02:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RobertStern
Supreme tranceaddict

Ok. Don't all nightclubs rip everyone off anyway??

Old Post Mar-24-2014 01:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RobertStern Click here to Send RobertStern a Private Message Add RobertStern to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by RobertStern
Ok. Don't all nightclubs rip everyone off anyway??

Not at all! Just get on the get paid to attend/comp drink tickets/comp bottle service list! Ruby skye Friday night turned out real nice!

Old Post Mar-25-2014 05:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf
Not at all! Just get on the get paid to attend/comp drink tickets/comp bottle service list! Ruby skye Friday night turned out real nice!

is it 2010 still??

Old Post Apr-04-2014 01:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > SBE class action settlement
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprog techno tune no.2 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSystematic Parts - "Violin De La Nuit" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread