Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > *Help) Not Your Usual Arpeggios
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

*Help) Not Your Usual Arpeggios

I have a few d/l'd arpeggio packs including some that sound really good. I just don't use them because they're not mine.. so.. Not to toot my own horn but I'm kinda good at finding the "right" chords for tracks and stuff.. but I wanna make those chords into arps.. and right now, the easiest thing to do is to flip on the arp switch.. Which, to my ear just aint cutting it anymore.. I've also watched tons of youtube, so-called training videos as well, but, unfortunately am still unable to grasp how to really conceptualize how to do it.. Do any of you guys (who are really good at making arps) have some insight.. I'm thinking this is my next evolution and I really need some help..

(Melodic / Lead Arps)

Old Post Apr-01-2014 00:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

I program all my arps manually with midi mapping. Just play around with your notes a bit...you always want to have a pattern with your notes also. Really it's all about experimentation as far as this goes imo

Old Post Apr-01-2014 02:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

I just end up with a random ass pattern and nothing that sounds pro.. can you be more specific??

Old Post Apr-01-2014 04:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
echosystm
super wow maker

quote:
Originally posted by DJRYAN™
I just end up with a random ass pattern and nothing that sounds pro.. can you be more specific??

Keep trying until you get something that isn't a random ass pattern. There's no secret to this.

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
i think echosystm is a pretty cool guy. eh pwns robby rox and doesn't afraid of anything.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 04:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for echosystm Click here to Send echosystm a Private Message Add echosystm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Well, you want to make your high notes the melody and the low notes the rhythm. A very common arp progression goes 1-2-3-2 and so on...
Most arps don't sound very good if they don't go for at least 4 bars as it tends to sound chaotic. As echo said, there's no real secret to it, just mess around and find something that sounds good. If you're still stumped, try finding midi files of some of your favorite songs and see how the notes are arranged.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 06:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

DJ Ryan is the next avicii.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 08:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
echosystm
super wow maker

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

Well, he IS kinda good at finding the "right" chords for tracks and stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
i think echosystm is a pretty cool guy. eh pwns robby rox and doesn't afraid of anything.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 08:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for echosystm Click here to Send echosystm a Private Message Add echosystm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

Guys

DJ Ryan is on some next level shit.

We just can't understand.

Download my song Survive or I'll cut your ass.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 09:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

I have been saying this for years

Old Post Apr-01-2014 12:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kysora
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

it sounds like a random ass pattern because you don't have an idea of what you're trying to accomplish, you're just throwing stuff together and expecting it to sound good. without context or any sort of goal in mind, "random ass pattern" is literally the only way to describe whatever it is you're making.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 14:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kysora Click here to Send Kysora a Private Message Add Kysora to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

Learn pop songs. Download fake books from piratebay , all the chords are there, there transpose to each key.

Randomly hitting notes is fine but kinda pointless without some foundation. And the level of pro progressions for 90% of EDM is 3 chords p VI VII in minor or the same chords represented within a major tonality IV V vi

Just download some pop punk stuff. Very simple, usually,my very catchy to little girls which EDM pretty much copies and figure it out.

Old Post Apr-01-2014 21:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

I mean, this is where I'm at musically.. If you care to know..
But I'm working on this remix right now and I got the chords down and I clicked on the ARP and it sounds good.. But when I take that same chord progression and try to cut it up and create something like what I see in sample MIDI's its just not to my liking.. That's the only reason I was asking for some help.. It's a missing element that I need some guidance on..

Old Post Apr-02-2014 03:47 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > *Help) Not Your Usual Arpeggios
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2005 progressive house track [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHooligan - Hear You Now [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread