Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Guy Gerber and P Diddy album '11 11" in July?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Guy Gerber and P Diddy album '11 11" in July?

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/...ew-1111-project

I've always thought Diddy had the best taste in EDM from all of these urban guys and I think this could be interesting. I like this quote:

“It ain't for everybody,” Diddy said. And he specifically said it is not for fans of wild EDM who want to “jump up and down like a pogo-stick.” He did, however, say '11 11' is for “demented, after hours minds.”

I guess people are gonna get on the underground EDM scene this summer which ain't a bad thing. Hopefully the mainstream EDM scene declines further as a result. Happy Gerber and this type of music is getting more exposure.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Apr-23-2014 21:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

http://youtu.be/bxKH8Nk0INY

this clip is only 16sec but the lil bit at the end sounds good....
I like how i the IMS press coverage video, Pete asked Guy about the reception he is recieving from the "underground"... and his answear was pretty funny.... and yeah people are gonna hate on it for no reason other than diddys name is gonna be on the civer...
it sounds like they really want this project to come out good... they've been working on it for "3years" supposedly...
they also said they will give the album away for free... so im not sure if thats a good sign or a bad sign but ill be checking it out...

Old Post Apr-24-2014 14:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

I think the underground guys might be skeptical because of Diddy's name but they forget that this guy partied at DC-10 and at Paradise Garage back in the early house scene in NYC.

Here's a long interview with both Guy and Diddy

They talk about the mainstream EDM scene, and if people in the US can accept the underground etc. Pretty good video.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Apr-24-2014 20:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I don't even understand the hate for Puffy. Do people not realize the significant impact he's had on the music industry? Because he's not "underground" everything he did for hip hop and R&B speaks nothing to his musical credibility? Lotta narrow minded idiots out there.

Old Post Apr-24-2014 20:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I don't even understand the hate for Puffy. Do people not realize the significant impact he's had on the music industry? Because he's not "underground" everything he did for hip hop and R&B speaks nothing to his musical credibility? Lotta narrow minded idiots out there.

I admire Puffy, his business acumen is incredible, his work ethic is astounding. He was rocking Ibiza before everyone else hiphop was. He clearly sees past the EDM and knows the beauty of electronic music.

I'm actually excited for this and think it's going to be very interesting and groundbreaking.

And, this was awesome! LET'S GET UP LET'S GET ILL!!!

Old Post Apr-25-2014 01:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

That was good times when I first heard it at Guv way back.

Old Post Apr-25-2014 02:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

Haha wow, I'm excited to check this album out. Here's a photo I took of my friends with P. Diddy at Robot Heart at Burning Man. Later that night or the next night, Guy Gerber played.

After being handed a barbecued and perfectly seasoned steak by a man dressed as a leopard who sensed my hunger, I danced beside the guy in the white suit for half an hour as DJ Tennis broadcasted ecstasy in audio format over the 16 bass bin/30 speaker set up on the double-decker Robot Heart bus situated in the middle of the deep desert under a crystal blue sky and orange rising sun framed by mountains so picturesque. Over the course of those thirty minutes, the black dude in the white suit with pink umbrella and I exchanged hugs and handshakes of wonder, gratitude and disbelief before the girls pointed out to me that my new compadre in the white suit was, in fact, Diddy. Just a regular guy in the crowd. And hence, the picture.

Last edited by Forever Forward on Apr-25-2014 at 04:06

Old Post Apr-25-2014 04:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

oh man why is every one dressed so silly

Old Post Apr-26-2014 17:21  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
oh man why is every one dressed so silly

Because cultural norms are checked outside the desert, and it's fun

Old Post Apr-26-2014 17:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Talking

lmao that made my day

edit ; not sure if i can remove that first smiley

Old Post Apr-26-2014 17:48  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Haha wow, I'm excited to check this album out. Here's a photo I took of my friends with P. Diddy at Robot Heart at Burning Man. Later that night or the next night, Guy Gerber played.

After being handed a barbecued and perfectly seasoned steak by a man dressed as a leopard who sensed my hunger, I danced beside the guy in the white suit for half an hour as DJ Tennis broadcasted ecstasy in audio format over the 16 bass bin/30 speaker set up on the double-decker Robot Heart bus situated in the middle of the deep desert under a crystal blue sky and orange rising sun framed by mountains so picturesque. Over the course of those thirty minutes, the black dude in the white suit with pink umbrella and I exchanged hugs and handshakes of wonder, gratitude and disbelief before the girls pointed out to me that my new compadre in the white suit was, in fact, Diddy. Just a regular guy in the crowd. And hence, the picture.

I love this lol

Old Post Apr-27-2014 02:01  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

absolutely can not wait for this.

the jamie jones remix of 11:11 - tourist trap is still dope.

Old Post Apr-28-2014 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Guy Gerber and P Diddy album '11 11" in July?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackanother awesome tune... [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde - "See the Light" (DJ Jam & Deleon Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread