Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Ink Announces Official Closing of Guvernment
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mdm8
year-round santa

Unhappy Ink Announces Official Closing of Guvernment

Old Post May-01-2014 18:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

down with Rob Ford

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post May-01-2014 19:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

All I know is, that if they throw a proper party as one of the finales and not some trance or electro bullshit, that skybar will be one hot ticket item to get to by 6am that morning.

Imagine that closing with the right people up there? Canada and Labour day Skybar closings time infinity!

Old Post May-01-2014 19:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

Tiesto

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post May-01-2014 19:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

^ I heard he was spotted downtown.

someone needs to post the guvernment condo photoshop

Last edited by Euphorica on May-01-2014 at 20:24

Old Post May-01-2014 20:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Imagine that closing with the right people up there? Canada and Labour day Skybar closings time infinity!

oh baby you read my mind... skybar till 8 and than off to electric island lol

you would think lawler was one of a few if not the only dj ink ever signed to a "residency"... but hey look lawler is playing next week at ryze so unless hes booked again this summer everything they wrote at the end "some of the biggest names to have performed at the club" is pure bullshit.... but hey lets wait and see what they doo...

like most of yall on here the djs we like back than play crap now so i cant see any of these parties being any good... but i will prbly go to one or two for nostalgia... Labour of Love could be fun....

whenever ferry, schulz, armin, and sander played at guv was fun for me... now... maybe not so much lol

Old Post May-01-2014 20:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

this has potential for great if done right.....

I was just reflecting on the old pre-reno days when I saw Deep Dish a couple weeks back....

Old Post May-01-2014 20:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

It would have to be Deep Dish for the final, final party.

Old Post May-01-2014 20:33  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
It would have to be Deep Dish for the final, final party.

That would be awesome. And have Lawler open for them...

Old Post May-01-2014 20:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

Have some really good memories from going there over the years.

That being said, couldn't care less that it's finally closing. It's probably been a good five or six years since I've been there, and I don't plan on going back before it closes unless something good pops up between then ... And given how the last few years have gone that is probably unlikely.

Old Post May-01-2014 20:43  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kamil
Supreme tranceaddict

That's an end of an era for Toronto. Pretty much a final nail in the coffin for dance music aficionados.

Does anyone know why they're closing and whats going to happen after? Perhaps someone could buy it out and continue running the Guvernment?

Old Post May-01-2014 20:55  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for kamil Click here to Send kamil a Private Message Add kamil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Sad to see a cornerstone go. Great great times. Too many and most of them all but memories in the back of my head. I've met some great people inside those walls, and I've seen some crazy stuff inside as well. Man, getting a rush just thinking of it.

Will try to go one more time in the winter. Or even the finale if its not all cheese music.

Old Post May-01-2014 20:57  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Ink Announces Official Closing of Guvernment
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJennifer Rene @ Street Parade '09 part2 [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHemstock & Jennings feat. John '00' Fleming - "Arizona" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread