Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Clipping issue
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Clipping issue

Need an ear....
Working on this track still and nearing completion but for the life of me I cannot see where I am having some clipping issues.
The below sample begins clipping at the vocal and seems to "subby". I am hearing a definite clip but it is not registering. I am in the green on all tracks and effects. But I can hear it. To me it is plain as day.
Would appreciate any ears to listen and confirm or deny. Any suggestions on a possible remedy also appreciated.

Old Post Jun-26-2014 05:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
optik
Supreme tranceaddict

the vocals are too high in the mix.

Old Post Jun-26-2014 10:47  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for optik Click here to Send optik a Private Message Visit optik's homepage! Add optik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deillon
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Clipping issue

Stop using the meters and start using your ears. See Optik's comment.

Old Post Jun-26-2014 15:08  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Deillon Click here to Send Deillon a Private Message Add Deillon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

loop the part that is clipping and turn off channels one by one until you isolate the problem. And also what has been said above.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Jun-26-2014 15:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks for the replies..

The thing is I am listening with my ears...hence why I can detect it.
I have also isolated each track and separately there is no detection of a clip,however in the mix..it is evident.
Yes, the vocal is to high in the mix but only that particular part of the arrangement. As it stands, the vocal stem is on one track with no varied fx. In the first part of the song the vocals are fine..just when it gets to that part (the sample above) it decides to get louder.
Granted, the arrangement changes and more lower frequency occurs,so..naturally the mix changes so that is why I naturally thought it was my sub (and THAT is when I go to my meters)

Old Post Jun-26-2014 16:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i don't understand

the vocals are way too high ruining the eq balance. You state the issue starts when the vocal enters. Not sure what you want.

Old Post Jun-26-2014 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
optik
Supreme tranceaddict

compress the vocals, then eq the vocals, then reduce the volume of the vocals. then you might add a little room reverb to sit them in the mix.

the mix isn't clipping, your speakers are having trouble with the mids as they are probably not a perfect design - this sometimes happens with pianos too? - it doesn't sound clipped on my system, just needs to be mixed more carefully

Old Post Jun-26-2014 19:12  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for optik Click here to Send optik a Private Message Visit optik's homepage! Add optik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

or you could invert / reverse the vocals entirely and re mix the entire track backwards... That's kinda cool.. Like listening but on a different hemisphere..

Old Post Jul-03-2014 02:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Welp...found out what it was...I was incorrect about the vocal.
True on the pre mix it was for some reason 2db higher...so, that got changed right off the top.
However...it wasn't until I took 2/3 tracks and isolated them together that I found that my high hats were not correctly EQ'd and were fighting with some mid range frequencies. Now, I'm golden..
Thanks for the input all...appreciate the feedback!

Old Post Jul-03-2014 03:24  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Clipping issue
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAndy Moor @ Ministry of Sound (September 2010 Closing track) [2011] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDreamscape Feat. Thea Gilmore - We'll See [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread