Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Am I the only one thats having this issue with studio monitors?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Am I the only one thats having this issue with studio monitors?

When i mix with headphones I noticed that there is a delay between using studio monitor than using a passive PA system.

I have Master XLR out to each studio monitor from my xone 42.

Old Post Jul-22-2014 20:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Not for me. I've got two behringer truth b2031a hooked up to the mixer via xlr. No delay.

Is it on both sides? Maybe new cables?

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-22-2014 21:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Yeah both, it could be the cables i'm not sure, they are 15'f anyhow.

I'm using Yamaha HS8's

Old Post Jul-22-2014 21:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

I use focals for desktop monitoring not djing.

Maybe i need dif monitors for like djing like the pioneer ones.

Old Post Jul-22-2014 22:18  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

I use master XLR out for both PA system and the Yamaha's (not at the same time). When comparing the PA system for me imo felt more in real time mixing without hardly any delay or compensation compared to the Yamaha's.

I'm in a rut.

Old Post Jul-22-2014 22:29  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

oooh maybe thats it, yeah man longer than 3 feet for sure. The PA system is a separate amp and speakers same distance.

Old Post Jul-22-2014 22:39  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Gotcha.

Old Post Jul-22-2014 22:59  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PaULiN0
oooh maybe thats it, yeah man longer than 3 feet for sure. The PA system is a separate amp and speakers same distance.

Hang on - the PA system and the Monitors are the same distance from you?

It has to be the response time of the amps in each system. If your PA amp is class A, then there can be noticeable difference in response time when compared to shitty built in amps but if they are both consumer grade then it's in your mind. Usually the drivers (unless comparing really great cones to crap ones) won't have that much baring on the arrival times but the amps can make a difference.

There is a simple way to test it if you have a mic.

Old Post Jul-23-2014 00:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Yeah the PA system is a real shitty amp lol, just sayin.

I have the studio monitors at 10 ft away at ear level on stands fyi

Old Post Jul-23-2014 00:46  United States
Innocence Lost
Uptight Biatch,..

I'm not having the problem anymore, and i can't remember why it happened back then for some strange reason. My guess loose setup for example different faulty length cables and power cords plus connected to different outlets and using internet at the same time, who knows i wasn't so careful back then.

Old Post Dec-15-2014 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Am I the only one thats having this issue with studio monitors?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAny ideas? [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackClassified Project - "Starlight Chaser" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread