Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Is this TRC group the new TOTA?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

Is this TRC group the new TOTA?

So noticing that the Toronto Rave Community group is sort of similar to TOTA. What I don't understand is why people would like to post all their party activities publicly on Facebook. How strange.

They should all come here and chat.

Old Post Sep-18-2014 20:48  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Jesus, half of my friends list are members!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Honestly there are more nutjobs there than here imo.

Are they as negative, close minded, elitest and cynical about everything as we are?

Old Post Sep-19-2014 00:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Honestly there are more nutjobs there than here imo.

i just find it strange how open people are using their own names. i was taught to try and keep my internet life and real life separate. lol.

Old Post Sep-19-2014 00:52  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I've scrolled down the posts in that group for just the ones since noon.

Old Post Sep-19-2014 01:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
I've scrolled down the posts in that group for just the ones since noon.

Yeah, the amount of activity is insane. I don't think it's possible for any single person to keep up. So many posts get hundreds of replies. And that can happen in less than a day.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Sep-19-2014 01:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

A chick that works where I do is in that group. Also my fiancé's cousin.

Old Post Sep-19-2014 07:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Yeah, the amount of activity is insane. I don't think it's possible for any single person to keep up. So many posts get hundreds of replies. And that can happen in less than a day.

i wish it was like that here. those were the fun days.

Old Post Sep-19-2014 12:24  Poland
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess

I've been on there for a couple of years and while I'll occasionally get involved in a discussion I've learned it's mostly a waste of time to write more than a few sentences (since anything longer is rarely read). Also, way too many thirsty guys and gals trying to one-up each other.

Anonymity brings with it the benefit of being brutally honest about something and not having to worry about whose toes you're stepping on. I too miss the long threads with deep discussions about things... there are still plenty of lurkers reading but without that active core of regulars replying you're not going to get the same activity. Also, lots of people who never posted on here just come for the event listings

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy

That really isn't much for a group that has 30,000 members. In comparison, TOTA has 1.3 million posts... averaging that out over 14 years is 254 posts a day. Assuming TRC sustains a high-end of 1000 posts a day it would still take 3.5 years to reach that amount...and 30+ years to reach TA's total posts. Outside of TOTA/Chillout/Music Discussion I've barely read the other forums on here.

My main complaint with FB groups, aside that you can't ever have a proper 'threaded' discussion, is that there is no way you can link to a particular thread... at least there is a search function.

On an unrelated side note, Desidel and I were part of TRC in 1999/2000. Toronto Rave Crew. Pre-TOTA. There were some parties and Fuzion (Cinar) spun at one too. R.I.P.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Last edited by Swamper on Sep-19-2014 at 22:44

Old Post Sep-19-2014 22:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
averaging that out over 14 years is 254 posts a day.

How many of those are for fake passports?

Old Post Sep-20-2014 19:21  Canada
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
How many of those are for fake passports?

Not sure if srs. None. Forum post counts are for threads currently within them - so deleted posts aren't in that #

Spam doesn't last very long anywhere on the forum. There is a button for a reason.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-20-2014 20:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess

Ditto. I miss when TOTA was happenin'

Old Post Sep-21-2014 20:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

my buddys girlfriend was telling me about TRC the other day. looks like i may pass on that based on what im seeing here

Old Post Sep-22-2014 13:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Is this TRC group the new TOTA?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten Bal en Blanc 16, Montreal (04-04-2010), Track 04 [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarz - "Flying" (Escape From Marz Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread