Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > MOVEMENT 2015
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO
–30–

Who's going next year?

Early birds go on sale tomorrow! http://www.movement.us/

I went to Berlin instead this year; promised myself I'd go next year.

My bday is on the 22nd and I get off from work for it, so that's an added bonus.

Looking forward to finally visiting the Motor City!

Old Post Oct-13-2014 23:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

Detroit #6 for me!

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Oct-14-2014 01:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Skipping it next year. Gonna do something big for finishing grad school Maybe Brazil or something in Europe.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 02:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Yea, I'm still debating my big trip or two next year. I have Ibiza in my sights next summer (perhaps closing parties). Not sure, though.

If not that, then something else a bit more off the beaten path and exotic.

Detroit is a relatively cheap trip, though, and I don't have to waste PTO for it. I shall be there.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 02:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Yea, I'm still debating my big trip or two next year. I have Ibiza in my sights next summer (perhaps closing parties). Not sure, though.

If not that, then something else a bit more off the beaten path and exotic.

Detroit is a relatively cheap trip, though, and I don't have to waste PTO for it. I shall be there.

Every time I start thinking about Ibiza I remind myself that drinks cost 25+ USD in the clubs (and the clubs themselves are what, 80 or so?). It's just too asinine for me. I'd have to budget for $300 days at that price, so $2100 for a week not including flight/place to stay. But yeah I'd love to do Ibiza. Maybe in a few years...

Old Post Oct-14-2014 02:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

I just went to Ibiza this year and yes it is pricey but so worth it. It isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. I came back with close to 2,000usd. I also went during peak time.

I am planning to go next year but during September. Condos are much cheaper. I ate breakfast/lunch at home. Ibiza has the best sandwich stuff. Fresh veggies, baked bread, eggs and amazing cheese selection.

Buy tickets on the island because they are much cheaper. Get your flight and condo as early as possible. I got mine in late February for July. I must do it again!

It's the perfect mix of vacation and technocation. You have time to rest & recover on over 100+ beaches. You don't have to go out until after 1 am.

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Oct-14-2014 03:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

sonar is on my list.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 05:26  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

Go to Ibiza, Sonus, BPM, Awakenings Festival, Nature One or a weekend of clubbing in Berlin. You need to get out of the US for good parties if you're looking to hit techno/house parties. Detroit is shit as a city, the clubs are terrible, vibe is off, and even though techno was "invented" in Detroit, the scene for it is dismal. The only pluses to Detroit is it's cheap and the lineup is pretty good for a state side event, but don't expect some life changing party.

I've gone five times, mostly in the earlier days, and I wouldn't step foot back in it. I would spend a little extra and go to one of the ones I listed above, far better times to be had.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 07:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

quote:
Originally posted by iLLiE586
Go to Ibiza, Sonus, BPM, Awakenings Festival, Nature One or a weekend of clubbing in Berlin.

skip nature one. i went this year and its a huge pain in the ass. cool festival but logistically a pain in the ass. its in the middle of nowhere so youre basically forced to do camping. and the camping grounds are shit. i walked through it this year. nasty as all fuck. generators running all night. people having their own parties with terrible hard style music. we stayed in a dope hotel this year but it was like 45 mins away so you had to drive. and for the love of god never risk driving if you arent sober in germany. we were actually stopped on the way to nature one and asked all sorts of questions. "do you have drugs or weapons in the car?" they even told us to remove our sunglasses so they could look at our eyes. oh and theyve got dogs just hanging out at the entrances for when you get there and when you leave. was considering going last year but then i saw a report on tv about the police presence there. the report stated that the cops have about 300 piss test kits that test for multiple substances and they just randomly pull people out and you have to piss on it. doesnt matter if youre sober or acting a fool. if anything comes up positive, even if you blazed in amsterdam 3 weeks ago, youre essentially fucked. now 300 tests for 65k people or whatever the number is is still pretty good odds but im not gonna fuck with it. also the festival is 16+ i believe and this year they allowed like 10k more people in than previous years. shit was extremely crowded. main stage was mostly edm garbage. then you have the hard style tents. only really good tent is cox/sven/liebing/etc.

i will say though, nature one had the best damn firework display ive ever seen. blew tomorrowland and every fourth of july or new years firework show ive ever seen out of the water.

instead do time warp or love family park or melt in germany. way better festivals and a much older more intelligent crowd.

awakenings on the other hand i can only recommend. went the past two years and never for a single second either time did i hear one bad piece of music. every single tent/stage you walk by has amazing shit going on. plus the dutch are just fantastic. my fav people. the only thing that sucks about awakenings because its at the height of the summer is that it gets dark very late. the festival ends at 11 but its not really dark until 10-10:30. so you only get about 30 mins or so of lasers and the production. seems like such a waste because its all there.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 09:53  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Go to Ibiza, Sonus, BPM, Awakenings Festival, Nature One or a weekend of clubbing in Berlin. You need to get out of the US for good parties if you're looking to hit techno/house parties. Detroit is shit as a city, the clubs are terrible, vibe is off, and even though techno was "invented" in Detroit, the scene for it is dismal. The only pluses to Detroit is it's cheap and the lineup is pretty good for a state side event, but don't expect some life changing party.

I've gone five times, mostly in the earlier days, and I wouldn't step foot back in it. I would spend a little extra and go to one of the ones I listed above, far better times to be had.

Meh. Although I haven't been yet, I think Movement offers exactly what I want out of a stateside festival (more so than let's say EDC or Ultra). Good lineup, good vibes, and relatively inexpensive. I'm going there for the festival itself, not the clubs. And it's usually the other way around for me. I don't have any inclination to attend any of the festivals you mentioned; I much prefer to travel to check out the different clubs around the world and explore the cities they're in. That's why I loved Berlin so much.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 10:33 
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

finally hitting time warp next year! cannot wait!

Old Post Oct-14-2014 13:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:

Why do people think doing something epic like that in Europe is just as easy to do logistically/financially as something like Movement?

Guess what guy, Movement is a pretty damned good party. The lineup is always really good. They program the stages very well, in a way that the music builds and compliments each other into the late night. I do agree that the clubs suck there. Bleu = wack. Works = one of the worst places I've ever been to in my life, and the crowd was even worse than that unless you like hanging out with smelly hipsters drenched in sweat. I actually had more fun hanging out with people back at the hotel after the festival was done for the night than doing any of those afterparties.

But other than the clubs, Movement is a blast. And I've realized it's kind of a good thing. You can get more sleep by bypassing afterparties and concentrate on the festival. There are solid hotels within a 3-5 minute walk of the festival. VIP bands are around $200 and it includes unlimited reentry. A flight is what, $250 or so? You can do the entire weekend well under $1,000.

You can't even fly to Europe for under $1,000 in most cases. I did ADE last year and I'm glad I went but honestly, Amsterdam is pretty cheap compared to doing Ibiza, Sonar, etc. I love going to Europe too but you can't compare doing something like Movement for under a grand to Ibiza where you're gonna easily spend $3 grand. And last but not least, Movement takes place over a weekend which includes a somewhat major holiday. A whole lot easier to get the time off to do it.

And uh, the OP DID do Berlin not too long ago actually...lol

Old Post Oct-14-2014 16:44 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > MOVEMENT 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMaby the best royksopp remix ever...but which? [2007] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMiro - Gotta Go Home Tonight [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread