Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Be@TV
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Gryphon

Be@TV

Who else is on there? I know Orangesto is in there a lot. Anyone else?

Catching up on Paradise. God I love Jamie, rip city this set.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 16:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Yea man, I dig it a lot.

I have an idea about expanding a platform like this. Told Chris about it briefly.

The general idea is merging something like BE-AT.TV with Twitch. A lot more to it than that, obviously. I've been jotting notes down..

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open in case I come across a developer I like in my current line of work.

With shit like Periscope popping off, I think this is the future. Being able to broadcast yourself while tuning in to an event that a DJ can host anywhere at any time.

Both parties being able to profit in some way, small or large.

What do you think, Donnie?

Old Post Jul-22-2015 16:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Yea man, I dig it a lot.

I have an idea about expanding a platform like this. Told Chris about it briefly.

The general idea is merging something like BE-AT.TV with Twitch. A lot more to it than that, obviously. I've been jotting notes down..

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open in case I come across a developer I like in my current line of work.

With shit like Periscope popping off, I think this is the future. Being able to broadcast yourself while tuning in to an event that a DJ can host anywhere at any time.

Both parties being able to profit in some way, small or large.

What do you think, Donnie?

I try to broadcast as much as possible. Just tough if you can't connect to wifi in a venue right now. I'm sure there's ways around it but I've been using Ustream so I can get good audio as well.

I love the idea. I love streams. I love seeing the party not just hearing the music.

Like that Paradise at El Row, shit was popping off

Old Post Jul-22-2015 18:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
I love streams. I love seeing the party not just hearing the music.

Yea man, me too.

I think if more people knew about these streams, more people would tune in and literally bring the party into their living rooms.

What all of these streams lack is interactivity.

Be@tv touches the tip of the iceberg with a little chat. I just think there's a lot of potential here both for the artist and the fan. To create an online experience beyond just listening to an event/set.

The digital space is the future. It's here to stay. And people are getting sucked in by the day. I'm just trying to think of something to merge a love for something with making money, honestly. If this were 10 years ago, I'd start DJing, producing and promoting. But it's the age of the Internet.

Hell, Odyssey 2001 has a live stream now, lol. Why not Club Space?

Old Post Jul-22-2015 19:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Yea man, me too.

I think if more people knew about these streams, more people would tune in and literally bring the party into their living rooms.

What all of these streams lack is interactivity.

Be@tv touches the tip of the iceberg with a little chat. I just think there's a lot of potential here both for the artist and the fan. To create an online experience beyond just listening to an event/set.

The digital space is the future. It's here to stay. And people are getting sucked in by the day. I'm just trying to think of something to merge a love for something with making money, honestly. If this were 10 years ago, I'd start DJing, producing and promoting. But it's the age of the Internet.

Hell, Odyssey 2001 has a live stream now, lol. Why not Club Space?

I think venues worry about showing a party just in case it's shit. You've got places like Dommune and that place in Hawaii that have the stream. I like the idea.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 20:50 
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

I absolutely love BE-TV! Use my Apple TV Airplay the video and audio to big screen with surround. Nothing beats seeing the atmosphere of events with sound blasting.

Old Post Jul-23-2015 14:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Love Be-at.tv but the site is due for a massive update. I am willing to bet they are working on the next evolution of their site as we speak. John have you tried contacting the site for job opportunities? Who knows...

Old Post Jul-23-2015 14:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Love Be-at.tv but the site is due for a massive update. I am willing to bet they are working on the next evolution of their site as we speak. John have you tried contacting the site for job opportunities? Who knows...

Good idea. I'm so preoccupied by my own ideas sometimes..

Going to be honest here for a second. But when I used to rap and produce, one of the biggest obstacles was having the right team to push everything. Everyone told me I had 'it.' Sure, I thought so, too. But it doesn't mean shit if the lines you're traveling on aren't connected if you know what I mean. If you truly have the right team and backing behind you, anything is possible.

Anyways, now that I feel I have a second chance at it with a new sound and genre, I want to really make it count. I have an ear for this shit. If I could produce again and DJ, I would. But that's not what contributing to the scene today is about from my perspective. If I did it now for the sake of it, I'd be a fucking hypocrite. Now I just want to spread the word, spread the sound, connect people from every corner of the world to meet on the dance floor. Miami, Berlin, NYC - we'll see where.

Anyways, yea, about be@tv, I'll send them a query letter and see what 's up.

But I'm working on my own thing, too. I hope it turns into a WE thing.

Old Post Jul-24-2015 05:32 
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Good idea. I'm so preoccupied by my own ideas sometimes..

Going to be honest here for a second. But when I used to rap and produce, one of the biggest obstacles was having the right team to push everything. Everyone told me I had 'it.' Sure, I thought so, too. But it doesn't mean shit if the lines you're traveling on aren't connected if you know what I mean. If you truly have the right team and backing behind you, anything is possible.

Anyways, now that I feel I have a second chance at it with a new sound and genre, I want to really make it count. I have an ear for this shit. If I could produce again and DJ, I would. But that's not what contributing to the scene today is about from my perspective. If I did it now for the sake of it, I'd be a fucking hypocrite. Now I just want to spread the word, spread the sound, connect people from every corner of the world to meet on the dance floor. Miami, Berlin, NYC - we'll see where.

Anyways, yea, about be@tv, I'll send them a query letter and see what 's up.

But I'm working on my own thing, too. I hope it turns into a WE thing.

Didn't know you rap. You still do any? I'm always looking for people to do vocals.

Old Post Jul-24-2015 13:26 
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Didn't know you rap. You still do any? I'm always looking for people to do vocals.

Nah, not anymore. Don't even freestyle much less rap on a record. Still do some songwriting, though.

Once I settle down somewhere, I'd like to start producing again without taking myself too seriously.

It's an expensive hobby..

Old Post Jul-24-2015 16:20 
OrangestO
–30–

Have you heard of LiveBeats, Donnie? That looks like a platform you could benefit from.

That's close to what I had in mind earlier in this thread. I hadn't known about it at that time.

Old Post Aug-13-2015 00:38 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Be@TV
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSomeone Please help with this Vocal Tune [2002] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCultivate - "Broken Pieces" (Max Graham Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread