Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Bpm 2017
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Bpm 2017

Get your cocaine and Taco's ready.......

Super early bird Tickets on sale June 1st 2016

Old Post May-12-2016 23:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

Heard Tulum parties are all banned this year, kinda sad seeing that was going to be my only reason for going. After two years of attending BPM I came to the conclusion that the festival itself is trash, but hanging on the beach in Tulum with some fun people and just using those events as backdrops for a few days is great.

Old Post May-13-2016 17:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by iLLiE586
the festival itself is trash, .

Wow really ? How so?

Old Post May-13-2016 19:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

I say good decision. Tulum is beautiful! I'd hate to see the place be ruined by the BPM crowd.

Old Post May-15-2016 23:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

Everything gets overblown, I am sure they will still have some small low key parties in Tulum that will be more exclusive and "in the know" type events. They just dont want the Maceo Plex's of the world who said fuck you to BPM the last 2 years probably because they wouldnt pay him enough to come down and throw some big event on a Wednesday in Tulum and i dont blame them for that.

As for BPM itself, the daytime events are unmatched, beach setting, good vibe, and great atmosphere. Night parties have gotten real overcrowded the last 2 years. That said the "jungle" parties last year that BPM hosted and put together on their own were standouts, more than enough room for everyone, multiple stages, and almost like a mini festival.

I think buying a wristband has become a waste personally since its gotten so expensive. I've always gone down to BPM for either opening or closing weekend + 1/2 days. Learning from that, I think the best way to do it which I intend to, is go down for the week, pick and choose parties you really want to hit and enjoy the rest of Playa and Tulum for what it has to offer.

Old Post May-16-2016 02:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BPM_PHL
Senior tranceaddict

So does this apply to the jungle area outside of Tulum?i Cenote Dos Osos and Cenote Dos Ojos?

Old Post May-16-2016 03:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BPM_PHL Click here to Send BPM_PHL a Private Message Add BPM_PHL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

Stay away from Martina Beach daytime parties if it's a big name, way too overcrowded. And stay away from big name Blue Parrot night events for the same reason.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post May-18-2016 12:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
Wow really ? How so?

The clubs are terrible all around, everything from the sound to the bathroom, it's total shit. Easily the worst put together major festival I've ever been too when it comes to the cubs/production/overall put together. Everything is bad except the fact that it's cheap and the small handful of good parties.

Sure you have a beach, but the weather is terrible pretty much every year, so those beautiful pictures you see on Google isn't what you get for the most part. You have drug dealers trying to hustle you with shitty drugs at every corner and bathroom, you have sketchy locals trying to rob you at every chance, and on top of all that you have crooked police.

I don't understand how anyone can put BPM in a list with parties such as ADE, Ibiza, or even just general partying in other plces like Berlin or Croatia. However, putting a good group together and getting a nice villa or something like that, can be a great time, and that is where the value in BPM is. Not the festival itself.

Old Post May-18-2016 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

I was down there in March? and hung out with Loco Dice when he Played at Blue Parrot. It was the night before the LA show.

It was months after BPM and the venue still got pretty packed, it was as packed as the last time I was there for BPM in 2012?

Talked to Andy from Blue Parrot for a while and he said it just keeps getting crazier and crazier every year. Same thing some Canadians that were there that work for BPM told me as well. I was surprised when they told me they are there year round.

From those few conversations alone, I could tell its turned pretty bad. I can only imagine the prices for the bands this upcoming next year, I doubt it will stop people from going. It might even help with the over crowding...

Old Post May-19-2016 05:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
I was down there in March? and hung out with Loco Dice when he Played at Blue Parrot. It was the night before the LA show.

It was months after BPM and the venue still got pretty packed, it was as packed as the last time I was there for BPM in 2012?

Talked to Andy from Blue Parrot for a while and he said it just keeps getting crazier and crazier every year. Same thing some Canadians that were there that work for BPM told me as well. I was surprised when they told me they are there year round.

From those few conversations alone, I could tell its turned pretty bad. I can only imagine the prices for the bands this upcoming next year, I doubt it will stop people from going. It might even help with the over crowding...

Maybe they should consider a big stage somewhere. Like a massive. But I don't think they have a stadium or any venue like that in Playa Del Carmen.

Old Post May-19-2016 20:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Maybe they should consider a big stage somewhere. Like a massive. But I don't think they have a stadium or any venue like that in Playa Del Carmen.

They do the parties in the jungles and in Tulum which I think are even better because its unique to the area.

They should maybe do more, and figure out some other kind of unique parties. A massive in a stadium or field will kinda make it like almost every other festival, they need to keep it in a way where it stands out.

Old Post Jun-07-2016 15:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

Tulum banned jungle parties:

http://edmlife.com/tulum-to-ban-all...e-music-events/

this past year they did have a larger open area used as a venue in west PDC in the 'jungle' that had i think around 8K people for Paradise.

I have had fun each time i've gone. the 2nd weekend parties can be a bit too crowded and the weather doesn't always cooperate but overall i'd say its still worth going to.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Jun-07-2016 18:05  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Bpm 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2005 progressive house track [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Phats vs Spacedust - "Gimme The Night" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread