Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > EDC Vegas 2017
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

EDC Vegas 2017

EDC Vegas 2017

see you in the Speedway on 3 hits of Molly

Old Post Apr-28-2017 22:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Glad to see they are at least booking a small amount of live acts (autograf, rufus. is that all? lol). My first few EDCs memories had quite a bit of live music, back in the coliseum & grounds days.

I don't recall much live music being on their last couple lineups, nor do I recall seeing any live groups there the few years I've been in Vegas, but that might just be me subconsciously blocking it out.

I don't think I'll ever be going back to EDC, although we do sometimes talk about it.

Old Post May-02-2017 19:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

The only way I'd go back to EDC (haven't been since the first one in Vegas) is if Sasha and Digweed were playing together.

Old Post May-03-2017 14:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
The only way I'd go back to EDC (haven't been since the first one in Vegas) is if Sasha and Digweed were playing together.

The only way I will go back to EDC is if they throw it in LA again.

Old Post May-03-2017 15:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

I bought tickets in Jan assuming it was all but for sure that Sasha & Diggers would be playing (since they played EDC Mexico in Feb) and nope :\

No biggie, Neon Garden and Dreamstate stages looking solid

Old Post May-03-2017 22:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

that main stage this year was something else.....

(too bad the music was ass there all weekend)

Diggers absolutely smashed it this weekend. Last several times I've seen him he's been slow and plodding. First time in a long time he just dropped techno bombs for an hour and a half. So dark & dirty.

new Small Dreamstate tent was a nice place to get away from all the bros and kids. Older crowd getting crazy to Trance. Simon Patterson & John Askew were fantastic on Friday.

now to sleep for the next week straight....

Old Post Jun-19-2017 17:52  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

any other reviews or pictures?

Old Post Jun-19-2017 19:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
any other reviews or pictures?

I was following all the rage posts on /r/electricdaisycarnival on the first day with the shuttles from the comfort my couch. People were waiting 4+ hours.

That's nothing new, though. They seemed to have fixed it by the second day, as they always do.

Also, this happened: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...edc-set-w488732

why festivals keep booking this chucklefuck is beyond me

Old Post Jun-20-2017 03:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Man, I tried (and I say *tried*) to listen to the EDC live stream on Sirius...what the fucking fuck.

I mean, I've never been a fan of the ADHD EDM shit, but fuck - this was like a weekend long exercise in how to cram as many annoying sounds in to one weekend, with some dumb shits shouting "Let's Go!" oe "one, two three!" on the drop.

I've been in to dance music since about 1994, before I even knew what it really was. I've seen a lot of good and shit music go. I've been to happy hardcore raves. I've been to dub step events. Yes, i've witnessed shit music.

But nothing, and I'm not exaggerating comes close to absolute steaming turd that was playing on Electric Area for hours straight on Sat and Sun. Even sander van doorn's first 30 mins (all I caught of it) was terrible.

Is this what it has come to? Is this what people actually think Dance music is these days or is it just a little microcosm of Vegas bad taste, concentrated in to 72 hours of shite?

Old Post Jun-20-2017 21:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

For every set that was broadcasted, there were 6 or 7 other stages with music playing. Not all of it was bad, but yes, the bad stuff resonates with the lowest common denominator, so that is what they are going to broadcast. I've heard a lot of good things from other forums/websites about actual good music.

So -- no, this isn't what it has come to

Old Post Jun-21-2017 00:47  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

so you're telling me there's hope.

You know, I think Insomniac could benefit from really trying to promote the sounds from the other lesser known stages. Electric Gay-rea is only going broadcast the main stage stuff. That's what listeners want... I get it. But if Insomniac were smart, they could really push the different sounds from the other stages.

Old Post Jun-21-2017 18:45  United States
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

There was still good music being played there all weekend (its just not streamed ) The Sirius and Live streams are only going to be popular stuff.

I guess Diggers set made in onto this weeks essential mix

Last edited by MR STROKE on Jun-24-2017 at 04:35

Old Post Jun-23-2017 23:27  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > EDC Vegas 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid1 [2004] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback Dave202 - Generate The Wave (Fabio Stein's Crasher remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread