Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend!

4 shows at the Bowl. Thursday, Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. We're going on Saturday. Probably my favorite band (that's currently alive). There's an old saying "before there was EDM, there was DM!".

Unfortunately, there music is not as good as it was prior to the departure of Alan Wilder back in 96 (although Ultra was good). He definitely brought in that "electronic" element that everyone loves. There music is now more rock oriented. Some refer to it as "electronic blues". Not a fan of their recent album but it's DM yo! I appreciate their music.

Old Post Oct-13-2017 14:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Meh.

I like there stuff a lot, haven't listened to it (like album on phone) though in at least 10 years.

To many negatives to see them. I have to pay for the ticket, and I have to drive all the way to LA and either stay the night or drive back home super late.

10 years ago I was into them a bit more and had more energy then I have now, so it would have been doable.

I was offered tickets for Pete Tong's show there next month, but ultimately passed on them because of almost the same reasons. Getting old sucks! lol

Old Post Oct-13-2017 18:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Meh.

I like there stuff a lot, haven't listened to it (like album on phone) though in at least 10 years.

To many negatives to see them. I have to pay for the ticket, and I have to drive all the way to LA and either stay the night or drive back home super late.

10 years ago I was into them a bit more and had more energy then I have now, so it would have been doable.

I was offered tickets for Pete Tong's show there next month, but ultimately passed on them because of almost the same reasons. Getting old sucks! lol

hahaha! Ya old fart! I know quite a few folks going to Pete Tongs gig but personally not interested. I got to hear/watch his previous show (on youtube) when he/they performed in England. Wasn't a big fan of the tracks he was playing. Would LOVE to see Sasha's live set though. From the little I've seen, looks pretty fucking dope!

Old Post Oct-13-2017 18:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Would LOVE to see Sasha's live set though. From the little I've seen, looks pretty fucking dope!

Yup!! This is intriguing to me, where Pete Tong's thing isn't so much :/

Old Post Oct-13-2017 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

I'll be there Saturday night as well ! What section are you in ? I'm in N1.

I had Wednesday tickets as well. But sold them for a small profit in ticketmaster. (I think I had forgotten that I already had bought some. lol )

I have really good seats for the Pete Tong and Guy Gerber Orchestra night. Like 4 rows from the front good!

Warpaint is pretty cool chick band as well. I've seen them at Henry Fonda theater, Coachella and Santa Monica Pier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnuFYYJHaY0

Love is to die, love is to not die, love is to dance
Love is to dance
Love is to die, love is to not die, love is to dance
Love is to dance"

Old Post Oct-13-2017 23:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Went on Saturday. Such a GREAT fucking show! Can't remember shit because I was so fucking drunk. Ended up hitting up the unofficial after party at the Pig n Whistle too. The singer from the DM tribute band "Strange Love" was djing all DM tracks throughout the night. A LOT of fun!!

Old Post Oct-16-2017 13:52  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

read that they played "It's no good" last night (Monday). Such a great song. One of my favorites!

Old Post Oct-17-2017 13:48  United States
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
read that they played "It's no good" last night (Monday). Such a great song. One of my favorites!

Wifey and brother in law wanted to hear "Precious"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hP...t=RD5hPCzFUmeas

Old Post Oct-17-2017 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

they ended up playing Precious last night (Wednesday). Played a lot of different songs from their usual tour. FUCK ME! I wish I could have gone.

Old Post Oct-19-2017 18:07  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

I have really good seats for the Pete Tong and Guy Gerber Orchestra night. Like 4 rows from the front good!

How was it?

Looked kinda dead from everyone's posts that I have seen?

I wonder if they lost money with the show?

Old Post Nov-10-2017 17:08  United States
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
How was it?

Looked kinda dead from everyone's posts that I have seen?

I wonder if they lost money with the show?

Looked dead in the beginning. But by the end of the night, it looked full.

It wasn't a "sold out" show, because they didn't try selling the super nose bleed sections. Those were empty, but it looked like they weren't even for sale. (kinda like the nose bleeds at the Raiders game that they don't sell)

It was a fun experience. Nice to hear cheesy songs we've listened to over the years played by a full orchestra.

Old Post Nov-20-2017 08:04  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown Trance Track [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGalore - The Other Way Around (Original Mix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread