Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > House tunes with saxophones
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Tangil
The Palatial Cat

House tunes with saxophones

Hey hey

Was just listening to a DJ Garth set (https://www.mixcloud.com/garthgrayh...th-2015-9-12am/) and at the 25 minute mark there's a cracking tune with saxophones.

No idea what the song is but would love find out and hear some recommendations for similar stuff. I reckon the sax really creates a top party vibe and hadn't fully appreciated it before.

Old Post Nov-13-2017 07:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tangil Click here to Send Tangil a Private Message Add Tangil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

This would seem to be the obvious example. Still hear this get battered regularly by house DJs:

Lil Louis & The World - I Called U (Story Continues)

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-13-2017 13:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

One of the best!

Old Post Nov-13-2017 17:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Whenever I think of saxophones in dance music I instantly get reminded of this gem. However, not so much "house" in a sense.

In any case, if you like the sax ), I suggest you take a look at this live set with KiNK and Kaye (particularly 18:30 and 39:00). It's brilliant. In fact the whole set, being that it's live with musical instrument (digital instrument but yeah) improv makes it that much better.

Old Post Nov-13-2017 19:04 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

Does this have a sax in it? Has a few different horns, either way it is very nice.

Nice sax in the breakdown

Old Post Nov-13-2017 20:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Got this one since 1996, not house but euro house. That catchy melody makes me feel happy every single time I hear it.

The guys behind this are the Klubbheads, saxophone by Gerbrand Westveen who died in 2015. Candy Dulfer called him "The Sax-professor of Holland":

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Nov-13-2017 20:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Nov-14-2017 04:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Salegon
Beautiful blond woman

Not sure if this sound made it across the pond.
This kind of "house" music was popular in central europe for the last 3 years.

Old Post Nov-17-2017 16:05  St Lucia
Click Here to See the Profile for Salegon Click here to Send Salegon a Private Message Add Salegon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tangil
The Palatial Cat

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd forgotten that Jon Cutler tune - such a gem.

Also enjoyed that Lil Louis track and capricon's ones.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 03:34  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tangil Click here to Send Tangil a Private Message Add Tangil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

this was popular in 2007

edit/ nvm its not a trumpet.

Old Post Nov-21-2017 05:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

All remixes of DDMS' "The Makers" are fantastic and include David's sax licks. For best results, pitch up DeWalta's mix a fair bit and bring it into your set close to peak time. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by idoru on Nov-21-2017 at 18:13

Old Post Nov-21-2017 17:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Salegon - all the songs you posted got significant play on Sirius XM Chill here in the states.

Anyways:

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Nov-24-2017 15:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > House tunes with saxophones
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGreat proggy/techno tune [2006] [7]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarcel Woods - Advanced [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread