Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Meat187 - A Streetcar named Synthesizer [Synthwave, Retro Electro, Synthpop, Outrun]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Meat187 - A Streetcar named Synthesizer [Synthwave, Retro Electro, Synthpop, Outrun]

As a huge fan of 90s Eurodance it was obvious that I would jump the 80s retro Synthwave bandwagon. And why not, this stuff is awesome. Funnily enough, I'm too young to have actual 80s Nostalgia. I blame Stranger Things instead.

Tracklist:

01. The Midnight - Crystalline
02. The Midnight - Vampires
03. Thommy '86 feat. Sally Shapiro - Why did I say Goodbye
04. Lost Years - The Connection
05. Tesla Boy - Dream Machine [Silent Gloves Remix]
06. Robert Parker feat. Miss K. - '85 again
07. Beckett - Rush
08. Powernerd - Flame [Volkor X Remix]
09. MGMT - Kids [Pet Shop Boys Synthpop Mix]
10. Gustaf Grefberg - Astral Tunnels
11. The Venus Stare - Close to you [Fear of Tigers Remix]
12. FM-84 feat. Ollie Wride - Running in the Night
13. FM-84 feat. Ollie Wride - Never stop
14. VHS Glitch - Iron Pumper
15. Sebastian Gampl feat. Tommy Reeve - Without you

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on Aug-27-2023 at 10:30

Old Post Dec-11-2017 22:33  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah I've been digging this stuff recently too. Did you catch the one I did? It's in my sig.

Definitely checking this out, I recognize most of the tunes & artists.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Dec-11-2017 23:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

Amazing track list!

Been huge into this stuff the past year or so and you've got some amazing tracks on there.

The Beyond Synth podcast is a great way to be introduced to new artists in this scene, there are some incredibly talented artists out there. If you like The Midnight then give Iversen and Paradise Walk a listen.

Will give both of your mixes a listen...

The infamous Rojam ID. 14 years, 9 months and counting...

Old Post Dec-12-2017 03:21  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

I've been listening to this too lately. Getting in.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Dec-12-2017 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Yeah I've been digging this stuff recently too. Did you catch the one I did? It's in my sig.

Thanks for pointing me there, I didn't check the genre challenge thread. I'll give it a listen

Old Post Dec-12-2017 21:02  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Checked this out, lots of great synthwave that fits very well together. The first two The Midnight tracks had some of the most intense saxophone solos I've ever heard The remix of Kids was pretty nicely timed, and the FM-84 tunes are good but they've made better stuff imo.

Well done.

Old Post Dec-23-2017 21:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Thanks for listening and for the feedback.

quote:
the FM-84 tunes are good but they've made better stuff imo.

You played Neon Sunrise in your mix, any other recommendations?

Btw, there's also a darker version of this genre (apparently called Darkwave or whatever). Ever checked that out?

Old Post Dec-24-2017 12:03  Germany
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
You played Neon Sunrise in your mix, any other recommendations?

Off the top of my head I like Arcade Summer and Outatime but those don't have lyrics and I'm a sucker for twinkly ultra-melodic stuff.

quote:
Btw, there's also a darker version of this genre (apparently called Darkwave or whatever). Ever checked that out?

I've heard a few tunes but not enough to get a general understanding of the genre. If you know of any Darkwave mixes I'd love to hear them.

Old Post Dec-24-2017 12:25 
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
I've heard a few tunes but not enough to get a general understanding of the genre. If you know of any Darkwave mixes I'd love to hear them.

I've just listened to a handful of mixes myself. I think the one that got me interested was this:

Old Post Jan-11-2018 11:43  Germany
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

Savage bump here but I don't care because I've been caning this mix the last few days!

Some of my favourite tracks on here are the ones I hadn't heard before such as Flame, Rush '85 Again.

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187

If the Darkwave you're thinking of is what I interpret it as there are some really excellent artists. Pertubator's Hard Wired is one of my favourite tracks of the synthwave genre, but frankly his whole back catalogue would fit into Darkwave. Dan Terminus is another favourite of mine. Dance with the Dead play with obvious metal influences too. Mitch Murder's track Savage as linked below is just awesome, IMO.

The infamous Rojam ID. 14 years, 9 months and counting...

Old Post May-15-2018 22:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Nice bump, man! Glad you enjoy the mix

quote:
Originally posted by fbgdavidson
If the Darkwave you're thinking of is what I interpret it as there are some really excellent artists. Pertubator's Hard Wired is one of my favourite tracks of the synthwave genre, but frankly his whole back catalogue would fit into Darkwave. Dan Terminus is another favourite of mine. Dance with the Dead play with obvious metal influences too. Mitch Murder's track Savage as linked below is just awesome, IMO.

Indeed that's what I meant. Don't know what the proper genre name is, I keep seeing the term Darkwave.
Savage is amazing, thanks for recommending. At least for me this whole genre is of the best things in music in recent years. Makes me quite happy that I can still find contemporary things that amaze me.

Old Post May-20-2018 12:44  Germany
Singularity55
tranceaddict

Cool, been getting into this genre lately and I've quite enjoyed your mixes in the past.

Old Post May-22-2018 19:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Singularity55 Click here to Send Singularity55 a Private Message Add Singularity55 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Meat187 - A Streetcar named Synthesizer [Synthwave, Retro Electro, Synthpop, Outrun]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRetarded Dance Track from around 2000 (?) [2009] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackElles de Graaf - Circles of Why [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread