Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > 2 channel mixer with 16 beat loop function?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

2 channel mixer with 16 beat loop function?

I have been researching mixers that would allow me to take a sample/loop of the last 16 beats of a record and loop while mixing into another track.

This seems a very hard thing to actually find a mixer that can accurately keep the loop in time.

Pioneer seem to have that part nailed down but I cannot find any firm info if say the DJM-400 will allow me to loop 16 beats.

Any video i have seen ot can only store 4 beats which is useless in my view but its not clear to me if your limited to just 4 beats per sample bank.

This then led me onto the Stanton M.207 which i *think* can do 16 but then its not great in accuracy. Same with the Berhinger DDM4000.

I only need two channels and really I would struggle to justify anything over £400.

Maybe a send / return with a seperate box that has looping functions is the way to go but the key is at least 16 beat loop, Accuracy and storage of samples would be really great lol

Old Post Jan-04-2018 21:45  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

You're right pioneer have the loop thing down but bear in mind, autoloop I think is limited to 8 beats on most of their equipment.

TBH, CDJ's or controllers are going to have way more loop functions than mixers, but that's not going to com in under a grand.

Serato's slicer can do 16 beats but not sure if you want to go that way?

Old Post Jan-07-2018 18:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
You're right pioneer have the loop thing down but bear in mind, autoloop I think is limited to 8 beats on most of their equipment.

TBH, CDJ's or controllers are going to have way more loop functions than mixers, but that's not going to com in under a grand.

Serato's slicer can do 16 beats but not sure if you want to go that way?

I opted for the DJM 400 after all and the effects pretty much suck on it. Echo is terrible for example even when you turn it off the echo still tails

Old Post Feb-09-2018 09:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > 2 channel mixer with 16 beat loop function?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCarl Cox - 2001.02.03 [05] [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Ladida - "Lifemaster" (Mundo EP) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread