Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 158 - Cinco De Mayo & Playoffs!
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Friday 158 - Cinco De Mayo & Playoffs!

Sports are great. I've been staying up late watching them every night. The NBA Playoffs has been reasonably entertaining, with LeBron James slaughtering the Toronto Raptors last night and the NHL Playoffs are also super competitive. I'm rooting for the Predators.

I also bought a new bike yesterday. My last one was a tad too large, I had bought it off Craigslist and had to put on a short stem and extra spacers to make it fit me. I just needed a better bike now that my training is getting more intense.

Aluminum frame but everything else is carbon. 2x11 gear set with the Shimano 105 shifters. Super happy that I traded in my old one.

We are having a Kentucky Derby party tomorrow as an excuse to drink bourbon and bet on horses. It's a big deal in this city, tourists abound all week.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-04-2018 14:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

As much as I want to see the Celtics go to the conference finals, I've already come to accept the fact LeBron will thrash them immediately when (if?) they meet in said finals. Still, it's quite good for a team that's been somewhat renewed and had so many injuries.

And, speaking of getting started, what are the Vegas Golden Knights doing!? That is insane! I'm rooting for the Bruins but, I'm getting a real kick out of seeing those noobs get so far, and wouldn't even mind if they beat Boston

Old Post May-04-2018 15:05  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

cinco de mayo was ruined by canelo alvarez ...

every may 5th there is a big boxing match , this year was supposed to be ggg-canelo 2
he is currently serving a six month suspension for testing positive for "tainted meat" as he claims ...hopefully we get the match later this year

there are other sport events going on this saturday but there is nothing quite like boxing as its a mexican tradition.

Last edited by LoveHate on May-04-2018 at 15:48

Old Post May-04-2018 15:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've been drinking wine in the park, and now I'm too indolent to do anything useful. The park is on the other side of the street from my flat, in case you were wondering.

It's a bank holiday weekend here and the weather is nice, so I'll be sure to do some outdoor dancing at some point. I've been trying to ease my body back into running as well, so I'll do a bit of that this weekend. It's tough to run mid-week because I cycle to work, so my legs are already tired before I even get home in an evening.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-04-2018 18:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've been drinking wine in the park, and now I'm too indolent to do anything useful. The park is on the other side of the street from my flat, in case you were wondering.

What I had in mind reading the first sentence:

Old Post May-04-2018 18:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

^^

Not much today, weather is all over the place. Toured a Montessori school/daycare this morning, to enroll our wee one next year. Gardening this weekend and a visit with friends. Bf and sister in law's birthdays are this week too, so prob hit up the inlaws'.

edit: LOL I called my husband my bf!!

Last edited by Silky Johnson on May-04-2018 at 19:27

Old Post May-04-2018 18:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Back from a great week at sunny Rhodos.
Tomorrow family visit to the north near Amsterdam, no plans for Sunday.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-04-2018 19:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

TA Cyclists unite! Nice steed ziptf.

I actually picked up this bad boy a few months back. I used to race semi pro MTB and had a seriously expensive Ibis that I built from the ground up, but sold it when I moved.

I was looking in to carbon bikes but the main brands were just so damn expensive. I basically wanted a carbon Specilaized but there was no way I was paying $2.5k+

I basically found that all the main brands are being ripped off/cloned, often in the same factories that produce the main brand frames, not to mention Specialized have been complete dicks to many small bike businesses so I'm glad none of my coin wen to them. The frame weighs under 3lbs and came with full XT where it mattered and a few no brand, but decent parts, all for $800 delivered. Couldn't be happier.

Gonna take it out over the weekend....

Old Post May-04-2018 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

the raptors have me feeling sad, i wasted all my beers watching yesterday's game and today I'm stuck at home. i tried to go and buy presents but the wind is hurling shit at my head. I've been averaging 5L a beer a day lately so i probably will not have any today.

@SILK JAMESON one of the breweries i went to had a mother's gathering every wednesday LOL there were like 12 moms with their kids. my girlfriend said they all pre pumped (all were sampling beers) and she is interested in frequenting these kind of breweries when we decide to have a kid lollllll

Old Post May-04-2018 19:44  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Are we posting pictures of our bicycles? Here's (one that looks exactly like) mine:

It's quite sturdy and green is my favourite colour, so I'm happy with it. It's been a while since I last cycled to work though
quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
What I had in mind reading the first sentence:

Not Jack, it can't be that sunny in Leeds

Old Post May-04-2018 19:55  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Are we posting pictures of our bicycles? Here's (one that looks exactly like) mine:

Damn, they stole your pedal

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-04-2018 20:32  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Oh hey, a Friday thread. Hi guys.

It's a long weekend here as well, which I'd actually completely forgotten about until Jack mentioned it a few posts back. So that's pretty awesome. I guess I'll have to make some plans. It's perfect BBQ weather, so that might be on the cards.

Bikes, huh? I have a Merida big nine XT. I don't ride it much, but it's a cool bike.

So what did I miss around the internets? I ditched all social media for the last six months.

Old Post May-04-2018 21:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 158 - Cinco De Mayo & Playoffs!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback"He dreamed that the sun will rise..." [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Misjah & DJ Tim - "Access" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread