Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > has the trance world forgot about jes ??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

has the trance world forgot about jes ??

she used to be the go to vocalist for trance productions

i was just listening to deepsky -ghost which was a hot song back in the day, and realized you don't really see her around anymore, being featured on songs with tiesto and the like ,which she was known for , its kind of crazy cus i think she's really talanted.

Last edited by LoveHate on May-21-2018 at 11:51

Old Post May-21-2018 11:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Tbh,while she has a unique voice, I think the novelty of her sound makes it a bit two dimensional and it got repetitive.

It was more about an aesthetic of her voice (and that's fine, there's plenty of people like that - i.e. Halsy), but with her, I think the tracks started to get written just to showcase that particular vocal signature/quirks and they started to all sound the same. Then combine that with trance which evolves from period to period and I think she got pigeonholed. If I hear one of her tracks, I instantly think it's the mid 00's again.

Old Post May-21-2018 15:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Lord Discogs says she's still getting occasional work, this being her most recent: Jochen Miller & Jes - Head On

But yeah, it's been well over a decade since her peek, and she never translated that success into a sustainable solo career. Probably makes okay money doing guest spots on tours, but likely has moved onto other ventures now.

EDIT: whoops, my error. Looks like she's been releasing singles with some consistency since her last 2010 album. Here's something from this year too: Roger Shah & JES - Star Crossed

EDIT 2: Okay, AND she's been doing the DJ circuit as well. Man, I should really sift through Discogian data before first posting.

(~)

Last edited by Sykonee on May-21-2018 at 17:03

Old Post May-21-2018 16:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

ill have to check out those tracks you posted

looks like she recently had a mix cd released on tiesto's label magik muzik in 2015 so there is still some association there it appears .

disccogs really is a goldmine, but thats that the thing you still have to go look for it, when these artist used to be at the forefront before, it wasn't like some sort of crusade to find their music, they literally were edm, but i guess times have changed.

and i agree rann i assosciate her a lot with that mid oo's prog sound.

motorcycle - as the rush comes might be one of the defining tracks of that era

Old Post May-22-2018 05:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
babbel
Supreme F1addict

She just did a track with Markus Schulz called Calling for Love

Old Post May-22-2018 09:01  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for babbel Click here to Send babbel a Private Message Visit babbel's homepage! Add babbel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Names like JES are like Malcolm McDowell, in that they've actually been very busy, but you'd have to look them up to know.

I would also *love* to get my hands on an unmixed copy of the 'Destinations Mix' of 'Like A Waterfall,' but I don't think I've seen it anywhere outside of the respective mix compilation for which it was made:

Old Post May-22-2018 23:32  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
That 303 Guy

I actually heard a track she did vocals for a Liquid DNB track but the artist/track name escapes me right now.

Old Post May-23-2018 09:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Jes

Old Post May-23-2018 10:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tetatdo
Senior tranceaddict

and before jes, it was Jan Johnston. She's long gone too.

(Now back in the boring USA )

Old Post May-25-2018 22:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tetatdo Click here to Send tetatdo a Private Message Visit tetatdo's homepage! Add tetatdo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

one of the more overlooked JES vocals

Old Post May-27-2018 04:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by babbel
She just did a track with Markus Schulz called Calling for Love

I just noticed it at the Beatport Trance Top 100 at #16.
It's a nice track:

Also noticed this video already has over 200,000 views in one week at Markus's channel.
Surprised me as the imo beautiful Paul van Dyk & Emanuele Braveri ft. Rebecca Louise Burch - Escape Reality Tonight not even has 30k views at Paul's channel.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-27-2018 19:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tetatdo
and before jes, it was Jan Johnston. She's long gone too.

And before Jan Jonhstone, it was Maria Naylor, and before that is was Jayne Hannah.

Some voices typify a sound and then the sound moves on.

Old Post May-28-2018 01:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > has the trance world forgot about jes ??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback"Bizzare Love Triangle" remix? [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCounty & Western - "Positive Energy" (Deep Cover Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread