Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Junkie XL about his track with Tiesto "Obsession"
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Terrence Parker

Junkie XL about his track with Tiesto "Obsession"

Old Post Aug-02-2018 20:06  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Terrence Parker Click here to Send Terrence Parker a Private Message Add Terrence Parker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You know, I've had this album for 15 years, but for whatever reason I've never really paid attention to this track before. Probably because I shelved it sometime around 2004 and have never listened to it all the way through since then. This is probably one of the best things to bear Tiesto's name, by my reckoning.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Aug-02-2018 at 21:14

Old Post Aug-02-2018 20:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Terrence Parker

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
You know, I've had this album for 15 years, but for whatever reason I've never really paid attention to this track before. Probably because I shelved it sometime around 2004 and have listened to it all the way through since then. This is probably one of the best things to bear Tiesto's name, by my reckoning.

I nearly forgot about this track and after listening I was surprised how good it actually sounds.

Old Post Aug-02-2018 20:46  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Terrence Parker Click here to Send Terrence Parker a Private Message Add Terrence Parker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I don't want to say he's 'too talented' for trance, but establishing himself as one of the most in demand Hollywood composers is light years ahead of anything he could have accomplished in the scene. I'd hate to imagine how his skills would have been put to use had he hung around.

Anyway, as you can tell this is all part of a series, so if there's anything anyone around here would like to see him break down let me know; my brother is Holkenborg's digital manager and producers this series, and he's takin' requests for future episodes.

Old Post Aug-02-2018 23:22  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Anyway, as you can tell this is all part of a series, so if there's anything anyone around here would like to see him break down let me know; my brother is Holkenborg's digital manager and producers this series, and he's takin' requests for future episodes.

Be reaching back a ways, but I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on those early career remixes he did for Fear Factory.

(~)

Old Post Aug-02-2018 23:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Really nice tune, but Tiesto himself, amongst other DJs, seemed to favour the Frank Biazzi remix. Even though I'd recognise it I don't think I've ever heard the original played out in a live/recorded set.

Old Post Aug-03-2018 00:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by hoopoe
Really nice tune, but Tiesto himself, amongst other DJs, seemed to favour the Frank Biazzi remix. Even though I'd recognise it I don't think I've ever heard the original played out in a live/recorded set.

Frank Biazzi remix is the only version of this track that i never liked. Original, Nubreed and Filterheadz versions are excellent.

Old Post Aug-03-2018 00:23  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Sarah Mclachlan - World On Fire (Junkie Xl Club Mix)
Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL Remix)

Old Post Aug-03-2018 00:39  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Always loved this track. Takes me back to a great period of music.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-03-2018 02:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
I don't want to say he's 'too talented' for trance, but establishing himself as one of the most in demand Hollywood composers is light years ahead of anything he could have accomplished in the scene. I'd hate to imagine how his skills would have been put to use had he hung around.

Probably not worth a full video, but I've always wondered why Dealing With The Roster is such a shameless clone of Smack My Bitch Up. I've always presumed that the producers of Blade wanted to license The Prodigy for the soundtrack but couldn't get the rights, so they commissioned JXL to essentially remake the track from scratch.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-03-2018 06:06  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

Cool video. Worthwhile. Thanx

Old Post Aug-03-2018 08:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Thanks for the video.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Probably not worth a full video

I'm curious how Tom Holkenborg was involved in Sander Kleinenberg's "Venus & Mars" (on the second 4 Seasons EP, from 2000).

Old Post Aug-03-2018 09:31  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Junkie XL about his track with Tiesto "Obsession"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDa Hool - Met Her At The Loveparade [???RMX???] [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEpsilon 9 - "Lifeformation" (Infernal Machine Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread