Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Your fav most rarest mixer that was ever made.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Your fav most rarest mixer that was ever made.

Look at this vestax, never seen anything like it and speaking of vestax is there is a revival happening but under different name can't remember it but the mixer under the hood is huge like an arcade machine

Yall got any rarities with nice aesthetics that would like to collect or get your hands on.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 01:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Old Post Aug-22-2018 03:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

Vestax R-1 Premium II (NOT the normal silver R-1)

An exceptionally rare thing of beauty that I stupidly passed on many years ago.

Or an R-3...or a certain specific custom A&H V6 that resides somewhere.

Old Post Aug-28-2018 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Aye, the v6, there was one with the valve and one not, I think there are only 3 tube mixers in existence, mine (DN78), the Stanton and the Allen and Heath one.

Old Post Aug-29-2018 04:25  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Vestax R-1 Premium II (NOT the normal silver R-1)

An exceptionally rare thing of beauty that I stupidly passed on many years ago.

Or an R-3...or a certain specific custom A&H V6 that resides somewhere.

AFAIK there's only one r-1 Premium II in the wild as it was only a prototype for the R2.

There's an r3 for sale in Japan. Steal at $10k

http://www.stokyoworld.com/product_p/vestax-r3.htm

I think I know the v6 you're talking about. It was on the bench at work for a while as it was waiting to be collected following the mods. Full valve right? (not just the valve board).

"resides somewhere" LOL.

Old Post Aug-29-2018 19:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak

Yep, thats the one. Not just channels 5 & 6.. and dude - PMs!

quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Aye, the v6, there was one with the valve and one not, I think there are only 3 tube mixers in existence, mine (DN78), the Stanton and the Allen and Heath one.

There was the S6, and there was the V6.
They look the same (well, aside from one tiny difference), but the S6 had no valves. The V6 had valves on channels 5 & 6 only (the same valves as the 1U VF-1 filter unit).

Mastersounds Radius 4V is another valve mixer

Last edited by Freak on Aug-29-2018 at 20:07

Old Post Aug-29-2018 19:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Yep, thats the one. Not just channels 5 & 6.. and dude - PMs!

There was the S6, and there was the V6.
They look the same (well, aside from one tiny difference), but the S6 had no valves. The V6 had valves on channels 5 & 6 only (the same valves as the 1U VF-1 filter unit).

Mastersounds Radius 4V is another valve mixer

Well you can add that one to the table, I didn't know about the master sounds being valve.

The S2 is pretty rare these days for 19''

Old Post Aug-29-2018 20:10  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

I want to collect this one, so far this layout looks very vintage and neat.

Old Post Aug-29-2018 20:19  United States
Freak

The S2 was a very underrated mixer, especially with the rotary option..and it was nice to play on.

The most irritating thing about it was the single filter.

Sadly it was for the most part completely ignored - much like the DJM-1000 and DJM-3000 back in the day, which were all 19" format but shunned in favour of their smaller and inferior relations.

Last edited by Freak on Aug-29-2018 at 20:31

Old Post Aug-29-2018 20:22  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Well beat this, true high end rotary.

Old Post Sep-03-2018 05:30  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Well beat this, true high end rotary.

Ugh, those ESO mixers were turd. Again, I think they were somewhat inspired by Intimidation, but that one you've posted is just some idiot that puts rotaries knobs on the faders. People never cease to amaze me with how stupid they can be.

Fuck it, I know the faders were shit and would wear and bleed. Getting parts was a nightmare. They didn't even have great sound to noise ratio but there will always be a special place in my head for these two badboys:

The Don II

Blue

I had the Don II with Chrome fascia. Mate had the blue. Had so much fun mixing on those.

Old Post Sep-07-2018 17:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Your fav most rarest mixer that was ever made.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackYear 2000 Track Needs IDing [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVisionair - "Body Fever" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread