Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland TR8s
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Roland TR8s

For those who like live jamming but with your own samples and so on.

Here's a quick tip for logic users if you want to use the TR8 Sequencer in sync with Logic Pro, for example as you as you press play with mouse your daw the TR8 will play the patterns dialed in simultaneously without any midi notes on your piano roll, like soon you hit play the TR8's will play too.

Just go to Prefrences, MIDI, Sync, then at the bottom MIDI Sync project settings and click the tr8s as your midi clock transmit destination and your good to go.

This is how I got my JDXI's sequencer working with my daw in sync.

Little bit tempted, but idk yet.

Old Post Sep-08-2018 03:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Imo, I think it will give your drums and percussion samples a feel of live-like playback on your daw, I did this with the JDXI and it gave more bounce with the 909 kicks as if it were one of PVD'S bass drums from one of his tracks without any post processing rather that just recording and just using a rendered sample playback.

I guess the difference is there, yeah it confusing but you can always return and get something else.

Old Post Sep-20-2018 05:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Yeah I want this too.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 21:09  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Well it does look like a toy with bad looking craftmanship, what else is there actually thats cheaper? Machine drum? I need to check that out.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 21:17  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Just took a look at the elektrons octa sampler and digitakt, solid builds alright, tank style.

Octa is more pricier and digi is almost half hmm..

Old Post Oct-01-2018 22:09  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Elektron products aren't impossible to use. They just have a learning curve that you need to negotiate.

They're a performance instrument at heart, and you need to learn how to 'play' that instrument, which takes practice.

Old Post Oct-02-2018 13:56  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

I read alot about the elektron learning curve, but most said it maybe difficult but def rewarding.

Old Post Oct-02-2018 14:09  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland TR8s
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID RnB Vocal with Dub House & Trance [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJoey Beltram - Slice [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread