Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Hoping to ID an outdoor event I stumbled across...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Electro-Music<3
tranceaddict in training

Hoping to ID an outdoor event I stumbled across...

Was walking along the Sunnyside boardwalk near the Humber Bay Arch bridge with my partner on the eve of Sat., Sept. 29 (Nuit Blanche weekend) and came across a free outdoor DJ event that was set up at the "Queen Elizabeth Way Monument" near the bottom of Humber river. There was approx. 150 to maybe 200 people in attendance when I arrived at approx. 8pm. Most people appeared to be in the 30's to 40's age range. Some people were dancing with fire and a few with L.E.D. lite hula hoops. A number of people were wearing various animal themed trapper winter fur hats... not sure if that was an intended theme or just people dressing warmer because it was fairly chilly that night. Stayed for a couple of hours. Music was good, danced a bit, music was a mix of underground chill beat, house, techno and some what eclectic. Very casual, friendly and relaxed vibe at the event and I assumed that it must have been one of the events from Nuit Blanche. My partner and I really enjoyed discovering this event by accident. When I arrived home I did an internet search to see which promoter was involved with the party incase it is a reoccurring event for Nuit Blanche but had no luck searching the Nuit Blanche website, Facebook, YouTube or any other online sources. Over all a fun event and would go again if it is an annual outdoor party. I posted this message on another Toronto online music/ dance/ club forum similar to 'Tranceaddict.com" called "Tribe.ca" but no luck with any info yet. If anyone has any info on this event it would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Post Oct-19-2018 17:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Electro-Music<3 Click here to Send Electro-Music<3 a Private Message Add Electro-Music<3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

The promoter that threw that party is called Arhitextures. They are normally known for their Thursday night parties at ROUND Venue in Kensington Market, where the style of music varies pretty greatly from week to week. Techno one night, drum n' bass the next week, deep house the week after that etc. You weren't able to find anything on the Nuit Blanche website because it wasn't officially a part of Nuit Blanche, but thrown because Nuit Blanche was taking place, like a number of other parties happening that night.

Here's a link to the actual facebook event for that party that happened by the monument: https://www.facebook.com/events/2023883124340924/

and their Facebook page if you want to keep up to date on other parties on their other parties (usually @ ROUND)

https://www.facebook.com/architextu...Q_BynB2L_DiUaTb

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Oct-22-2018 16:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Electro-Music<3
tranceaddict in training

Thanks for all the information and links. Much appreciated. When I couldn't find the event listed on the Nuit Blanche website I realized that it must have been an unofficial outdoor party and began searching else where online but had no luck. Happy you were able to ID the event and promoter. I also inquired on the Tribe.ca forum website...another music/ dance/ club forum like tranceaddict.com, but didn't have any luck.
Have been to a few other smaller outdoor events such as "Bounce By The Lake" at the Keating Channel Pub, Cherry Beach on Sunday and the occasional event at Sunnyside Pavillion, which I am sure you would already know about. I know about the larger outdoor events that take place on the T.O. islands, Harvest Festival, Fort York and at Ontario place. Although, it is always nice to know about the smaller outdoor events when you feel like going out to hear some music but not wanting to make it a big production. Thanks again

Old Post Oct-23-2018 20:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Electro-Music<3 Click here to Send Electro-Music<3 a Private Message Add Electro-Music<3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

I get where you're coming from! Just in the last year or two I've had a greater desire to go to smaller 'renegade' parties instead of the bigger productions like Electric Island etc and choosing to go to low key venues like Vertigo for my favourite locals instead of a big headliner at clubs like Nest or Coda.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Oct-23-2018 20:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Hoping to ID an outdoor event I stumbled across...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[solved!] - ID from John Askew - The Gallery, feb 2003, Turnmills London [2015] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGreen Velvet - "Flash" (Timo Maas Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread