Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 183 An hour longer weekend.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Friday 183 An hour longer weekend.

Daylight saving time ends so we'll have an additional hour tomorrow night over here. That was always fun in my outgoing days as we took maximum advantage of that
Those idiots in Brussels now want to end it and even more stupid is the option to choose for summer time instead of the normal winter time.
With CO2 emissions as a hot item you would think not changing anything would be best. Also for safety reasons as many kids go to school on their bikes in the morning and obviously it's a lot safer in daylight.

Tomorrow an way too early football match for the boys. At 8:45 at the field in Maastricht results in leaving half an hour earlier compare to a working day.
Visiting friends in the afternoon and Sunday watching F1 in "Maxico".

So what are you all up to?

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-26-2018 20:36  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

The family is going to be partying hard...at a 1 year olds bday party on saturday...until 5:30pm.

Old Post Oct-26-2018 20:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Gonna carve our Halloween pumpkins this weekend.

Old Post Oct-26-2018 20:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think it's an amazing idea to shit can daylight saving time, although Brexit means the EU edict might not affect us. There's nothing more grim than it getting dark before you've even left work. Who gives a fuck about having an extra hour of daylight at 7 am? You're either asleep or crawling to work. Give us more light in the evenings, you bastards.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-26-2018 22:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus Summers
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I think it's an amazing idea to shit can daylight saving time, although Brexit means the EU edict might not affect us. There's nothing more grim than it getting dark before you've even left work. Who gives a fuck about having an extra hour of daylight at 7 am? You're either asleep or crawling to work. Give us more light in the evenings, you bastards.

You’d rather it be sunny at 8 or 9 pm?
Whatever, man.

Old Post Oct-26-2018 23:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus Summers Click here to Send Marcus Summers a Private Message Add Marcus Summers to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Hey, give us our hour back!

DST has not begun here yet, but random phones and tablets have already leapt one hour forward as if it had, and home appliances are now a mess. Even my car now gives different times depending on whether I'm looking at the dashboard or the built-in tablet

Old Post Oct-26-2018 23:59  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

The state of Queensland doesn't have daylight savings. I recall that we trialled it in the late 80s and early 90s, and I think there was even a referendum about it, which seems surprisingly hardcore for an hour of daylight. It got scrapped, in any case.

Old Post Oct-27-2018 00:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

is this some weird northern hemisphere skullduggery? daylight saving gives us more light in the evenings.

Old Post Oct-27-2018 02:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
is this some weird northern hemisphere skullduggery? daylight saving gives us more light in the evenings.

That's how it works in the UK too, the clocks go forward in March, I think? They're turning the clocks back at this time of year though, so they'll lose an hour of light in the evening.

Maybe Jack meant he would prefer daylight savings time year-round. Can't say I blame him, either. Having lived in the north of England myself, it's fucking depressing to see it get dark at around 4pm.

What time does it get dark in Tassie in the winter?

Old Post Oct-27-2018 04:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
That's how it works in the UK too, the clocks go forward in March, I think? They're turning the clocks back at this time of year though, so they'll lose an hour of light in the evening.

Maybe Jack meant he would prefer daylight savings time year-round. Can't say I blame him, either. Having lived in the north of England myself, it's fucking depressing to see it get dark at around 4pm.

What time does it get dark in Tassie in the winter?

i think maybe jack's been partying a bit hard this summer!

somewhere between 4-5pm in june/july.

Old Post Oct-27-2018 04:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i think maybe jack's been partying a bit hard this summer!

somewhere between 4-5pm in june/july.

So still pretty early then. We don't have much variation here. In the winter it's dark around 5:30pm and in summer around 7pm or so. I'm honestly glad we don't have daylight saving here, in the summer I want it to get dark as early as possible so it starts to cool down

Last edited by Sushipunk on Oct-27-2018 at 07:08

Old Post Oct-27-2018 04:49  Australia
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus Summers
You’d rather it be sunny at 8 or 9 pm?
Whatever, man.

Of course. Why is that remotely strange? At 8pm I'm not at work. I'd rather have daylight then so I can continue to do things outdoors. Who does anything interesting at 7 am? You're either working or commuting.

It's wouldn't be sunny at that time in winter here anyway. It's currently getting dark at about 6pm. After this weekend that will become 5pm. In the depths of December it's pitch black at 4pm. This is depressing during the week and even worse at the weekend. That extra hour of daylight is shunted to early morning when I'm either asleep or staggering home from a party, and the rest of my day is curtailed.

Who benefits from this shift? The vanishingly small percentage of children who cycle to school unaccompanied, according to Trance-MB, in another example of TA's ludicrous bike safety zealotry. Possibly the breed of sad bastard who gets up at 5 am and does everything before work, and who's asleep at 9 pm anyway.

And yes, I was getting confused about which is which. In the UK we just call it British Summer Time and Greenwich Mean Time. Calling summer hours "Daylight Saving" is an open admission that we're willfully pissing an hour away in winter. Seriously. Get it binned off. I couldn't feel more strongly about this.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-27-2018 07:26  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 183 An hour longer weekend.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackReaLLy NiCe TrAcK! [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackExpension - "High Dancety" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread