Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Mid Terms - Did you vote? What's the prediction?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Mid Terms - Did you vote? What's the prediction?

538 are predicting a blue wave at least for the house, the senate was never in play really but how many of you actually got off your arses and voted?

Old Post Nov-06-2018 18:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Gotta schedule better next time I do, the senior bus dropped off right after I got there...anyone 75+ cuts to the front...added 20+mins!

Although it was funny, there was a lady there wanting to vote on the president. She couldn't understand 4 year terms.

Old Post Nov-06-2018 20:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Gotta schedule better next time I do, the senior bus dropped off right after I got there...anyone 75+ cuts to the front...added 20+mins!

Although it was funny, there was a lady there wanting to vote on the president. She couldn't understand 4 year terms.

Old fuckers cut to the front lol.

I think the fact that some people didn't understand it's not a presidential vote just shows how many more people are voting in a mid term. I met someone that's in their 50's saying it's the first time they're ever voting, let alone a mid term.

Old Post Nov-06-2018 20:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Voted straight Dem although my hope is that the 18-25 vote came through. I don't want to predict a blue wave because 538 has fucked us before.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Nov-06-2018 20:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Voted straight Dem although my hope is that the 18-25 vote came through. I don't want to predict a blue wave because 538 has fucked us before.

Same. I'll never forget Nate Silver being bunny between the headlights live on TV being asked "how did you get it so wrong".

I'm cautiously optimistic though. I think the senate was never in play so i'm not hoping anything there but I'd be fucking over the moon if 100%humanTedCruz loses and Beto makes it. It's an uphill battle so we'll see.

I do think the young vote will come out; There's planned mass walk outs (sound like Marcus's average day lol ) by students so maybe the numbers will add up.

Old Post Nov-06-2018 20:23 
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
There's planned mass walk outs (sound like Marcus's average day lol ) by students so maybe the numbers will add up.

Funny thing is, it really does

Old Post Nov-07-2018 00:37  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, less of a blue wave than anticipated but some key names fell such as Walker, Lewis and it looks like Rohrbacher too.

In all, the number will probably be around 35 seats once all races are called but that's a blue wave I suppose.

I'm gutted Beto didn't do it, but the real bombshell that just broke:

AG Jeff Sessions has just been fired.

Get your popcorn ready....

Old Post Nov-07-2018 21:15 
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

A lot of safe red seats were apparently quite close. So, not so much a Blue Wave, but a Purple Drank.

(thanks, Facebook!)

(~)

Old Post Nov-07-2018 23:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
A lot of safe red seats were apparently quite close. So, not so much a Blue Wave, but a Purple Drank.

(thanks, Facebook!)

Truedat. A lot of seats that were meant to be sure things for R incumbents were hard fights and even in deep red states, there were Dem wins so it's looking more purple.

There is however still a dozen races to be called and they're mainly in Cali and Washington so it's likely they'll be all blue and therefore 538 are predicting a 36 seat gain.

That is a blue wave in fairness, but I think the bigger news is that several governorships went Blue including Wisconsin, Minnesota and the shock of the night: Kentucky. It was a net gain of 7 out of 30 odd seats which is no small thing.

Old Post Nov-08-2018 00:14 
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

This was also an amusing Twitter thread, where the poster tallied every canditate that Trump supported or campaigned for, and lost. His 'win' average was... not good.

https://twitter.com/missmayn/status/1059970926563930112

(~)

Old Post Nov-08-2018 02:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
This was also an amusing Twitter thread, where the poster tallied every canditate that Trump supported or campaigned for, and lost. His 'win' average was... not good.

Ps.: The link thingy is broken if you click it. It does work if you copy and paste though

Old Post Nov-08-2018 04:02  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Lol. The result was only 35% of candidates Trump endorsed won.

Actually worrying though is the fact Democrats received 12m (yes, twelve, that's not a typo) more votes for Senate candidates but lost the senate.

The way the system is setup, it means by 2040 minority rule could be unbreakable.

And the other big piece of news is that Florida's race, originally tentatively called for De Santis (R) over Gillum (D), has now hit recount territory.

As they count the mail in votes, the margin is now just 0.4%.

Voters only have until 5pm today to make sure their votes count.

Oh Florida.

Old Post Nov-08-2018 20:50 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Mid Terms - Did you vote? What's the prediction?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfrom Big Summer Box by DJ Ivan Roudyk [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Air - "Riding A Star (Alex Bartlet Remix)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread