Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tantra - Hills of Katmandu --- disco or pre-EDM era music?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

Tantra - Hills of Katmandu --- disco or pre-EDM era music?

I was looking at some old Tiesto videos on youtube and some guy basically trashed Tiesto calling him garbage and saying Southern Sun, a decent track, does not come close to something like "Tantra - Katmandu" and I searched it up. Turns out to be some sort of groovy disco track, and I hear lots of EDM influences in it, sounds pretty organic too! Sounds like it was made some real instruments, in a pre-EDM context as well. A very good dance tune, but I wanted to ask your guys' opinions on this track, and if you like it, what other tracks like this can you recommend?

Old Post Nov-10-2018 06:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

So funny you brought this up, considering I just brought it up to Danny Howells after his set tonight, as he made mention of trying to hunt down the owner in the liner notes to his GU: Miami.

This record was such a confusing one, as from what I gather there are several different versions pressed to different cuts. The description posted under this version seems to have a detailed summary of its history:

And if you're in the market for those moody glitter ball grooves...well...