Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Who's bringing the hipster house?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Who's bringing the hipster house?

I have to admit, the fedora has really started to grow on me, albeit about ten years too late. Still, I had been revisiting Ame's Fabric 42, and maybe I was just to focused on other music at the time to give it a proper listen, but...it's pretty good.

So how about it? Who's bringing the rooftop swaying, mustache twirling deep chunk? Are the usual offenders still at it, or has everyone moved on? Clovis, GTFIH.

Old Post Nov-20-2018 23:55  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Pretty sure Crosstown Rebels is still a thing, though I haven't checked on their output for a couple years now, so maybe they've moved onto, I dunno', 3:30am tech-haus?

(~)

Old Post Nov-21-2018 00:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

My next listening project will be to go through the whole Fabric series. Aside from a couple of the drum 'n bass ones I've barely heard any. Should make for an interesting timeline of the changing winds of the last two decades of credible club music.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-21-2018 11:27  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

With that said, I just tried listening to this mix and couldn’t get more than 20 minutes in. Not so much boring as outright irritating. I’ve tried coming back to the music from this era many times from an older and broader musical base to see if it will ever click for me, and I’m pretty sure it never will. The era of 2005-10 is the Dark Ages of club music, as far as I’m concerned.

Old Post Nov-21-2018 13:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I have around 15.000 records on my Discogs wantlist, mostly dance music from all eras. I'm pretty sure around 2004-2008 are by far the lightest. In my eyes, 2009 and 2010 were already pretty good with lots of foundational and now-classic modern techno and post-dubstep records but you obviously still had a lot of junk bigroom techno and inane tech-haus. As much as I don't like the current standard sound of modern techno it's still leagues above the junk that came out in the peak-mnml era.

I think personally, 2001-2003 and then 2009-2011 were the best years for seminal Fabric mixes. The mixes in the last couple of years were mostly decent and on average, probably better then what came out in the 2000s but just not very memorable, which is probably down to the advent of online mixes and the total oversupply of music that is currently reigning.

Old Post Nov-21-2018 16:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
My next listening project will be to go through the whole Fabric series. Aside from a couple of the drum 'n bass ones I've barely heard any. Should make for an interesting timeline of the changing winds of the last two decades of credible club music.

Damn, that's an ambitious project. You should blog about it.

(~)

Old Post Nov-21-2018 23:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
With that said, I just tried listening to this mix and couldn’t get more than 20 minutes in. Not so much boring as outright irritating. I’ve tried coming back to the music from this era many times from an older and broader musical base to see if it will ever click for me, and I’m pretty sure it never will. The era of 2005-10 is the Dark Ages of club music, as far as I’m concerned.

Wait a sec, 2007-2009 was the golden age of McProg and 8th note house. It may not be vintage 95 epic house or 98 trance, but I sure had a metric fuckton of fun to that music at the time. Might have been shit in the Uk but it was a second summer of love here in the USA as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post Nov-22-2018 00:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Crosstown rebels, hot nature, wolf + lamb, innervision

They All had a good run...

I still check for their releases but they aren't like shifting the scène anymore

Cant go wrong with get physical either

And there is some 8th note mcprog that i really like from 2018..or sounds refreshing again because Its been so long ...

Check out alpha 9-azzura To hear what im talking about

Old Post Nov-22-2018 01:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Idk what the fuck you guys are talking about

Old Post Nov-22-2018 02:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Wait a sec, 2007-2009 was the golden age of McProg and 8th note house. It may not be vintage 95 epic house or 98 trance, but I sure had a metric fuckton of fun to that music at the time. Might have been shit in the Uk but it was a second summer of love here in the USA as far as I'm concerned.

Are you being serious?

Old Post Nov-22-2018 07:32  England
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Are you being serious?

Semi serious, in that I know in hindsight to take McProg etc with a pinch of salt, but I'm not going to sit here and say there wasn't some seriously fucking great music (regardless of how it's dated / at least for the time) etc being pumped out between 2007 - 2009.

Jaytech, Proff, Dinka, Chris Reece Jerome Isma-Ae, Claude Von Stroke, and obviously not forgetting Joel (to his mates) output really ramped up.

Again, I can't comment about Europe as it was right when I moved to the states, but dance music exploded and hearing that progressive bouncy prog, actually in a club was was a fuckton of fun. I can't really take anyone seriously who says it was the dark ages.

In my mind the dark ages were basically 2001 to about 2006 - all the big clubs in the UK shuttered around then with exception to say Fabric and a couple of others, you had some of the most boring prog ever being churned out, only to be complemented with minimal which get ever more, er, minimal and both scenes pretty much died a quick and barren death.

Old Post Nov-23-2018 19:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I can't really take anyone seriously who says it was the dark ages.

If you file Deadmau5 and Jaytech under "seriously fucking great music" I'm not entirely surprised we don't agree with each other.

Old Post Nov-23-2018 20:31  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Who's bringing the hipster house?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp with this old chill-house song [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProbspot - Blueberry (Mix Cut) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread