Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Monitor/Sound Card issue?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Monitor/Sound Card issue?

Was wondering if you guys could possibly lend a hand at helping me resolve this issue.
So, got my first pair of monitors (yes..lol they are turned on)
and was psyched to get them up and running but to no avail, they are not.
First thing I did before connecting was to update my drivers on my Focusrite 2I2 (which seemed to update fine)(**side note, my computer is dated and still operating Win7 but the driver update did take or so I think)
I got a pair of RapcoHorizon XLRM to TRS cables and connected them.
Connected the monitors to the soundcard and powered everything on.
(Images displayed below)

Ableton detects the ASIO yet no sound is coming out. I have tried multiple variants of the setup and found nothing out of the norm but still, no sound.
It may be something really dumb but I amnot seeing it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys...Thanks

Old Post Dec-04-2018 23:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

sounds like driver problem.

uninstall and double check through this

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...Gen-or-2nd-Gen-

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...vers-on-Windows

after, check if headphones work, if they do, then cable / monitor problem unless you're not selecting the correct outputs in windows/your daw. (if it works with windows general sounds, you're not selecting it correctly in your daw). If nothing works and you cant find/install alternate(older) drivers, check another usb port , check the interface on another computer to check if its borked. but before that, you could try another universal usb type b to a cable if you have one around, but since you have power coming on, doubt its that. I think that should cover all your bases.

Last edited by MSZ on Dec-05-2018 at 02:16

Old Post Dec-04-2018 23:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks man, gave some of that a try with no luck. Going to do a re install and see.
Gracias!

Old Post Dec-05-2018 06:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Where it says driver type at the top of the Ableton preferences, you need to select ASIO, then the Focusrite ASIO driver.

It will look something like this :-

Old Post Dec-05-2018 09:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Negative =O( Made sure the card was set on primary as well as recording. Still nodda

Old Post Dec-06-2018 04:27  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Does it work with headphones, and/or can you hear windows system audio via the Focusrite?

Can you also post a picture of your output configuration. Once you select ASIO at the top, your screen should look like the one I posted.

Old Post Dec-06-2018 09:08  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Negative.
Tried using headphones but now they don't work either.
Oddly enough when I switched over to MME/Direct if I choose headphones, they worked then

Old Post Dec-07-2018 07:01  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Click output configuration, what does it say there? Output's 1&2 should be highlighted.

You might also need to assign the Focusrite in your Windows audio preferences under 'playback devices' and set it as your default playback device. While you're there, go into properties, then advanced and uncheck 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' if it's already checked.

Old Post Dec-07-2018 10:32  United Kingdom
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Yea man, no luck. Both were highlighted yellow in the output and output.
I am beginning to think it is a soundcard issue,like..it doesnt work

Old Post Dec-10-2018 22:03  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

It would seem that way.

It's worth contacting Focusrite as their customer support is excellent.

Old Post Dec-11-2018 09:09  United Kingdom
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Agreed, probably my next step. Thanks so much for your time and efforts on this. Really appreciate it!

Old Post Dec-11-2018 15:39  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Monitor/Sound Card issue?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHere is another beautiful thing... [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPraetorian - "I'm Released" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread