Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2019
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Coachella 2019

Cirez D, Deep Dish, Lee Burridge, Chris Lake, Nic Fanciulli

Help list all DJ’s that will be in Yuma and Dolab....Rufus Du Sol and Zeds will get main stage or one of the other tents....

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/files/2019/01/coachella2019.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Last edited by mar46017 on Jan-03-2019 at 05:12

Old Post Jan-03-2019 05:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

it looks like i'll be passing up on Coachella this year again.

Old Post Jan-03-2019 15:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Sneaker Pimp

The only worth while group on the flyer.

Old Post Jan-04-2019 07:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Def was excited to see Tucanese de Tijuana on there.

Coachella lineup this year is best it's been in 10 years IMO. I am a huge Deep Dish fan and tempted to go just for the reunion alone. Saw Dubfire a bunch of times at his periodic secret shows he would announce same day when I lived in DC and I love him but I love Deep Dish way before.

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
The only worth while group on the flyer.

Old Post Jan-06-2019 21:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Yeah unless I get a pass from a friend thats working the event, I probably wont go.

I got offered 2 Sunday passes last year the day of. I ultimately didn't go because I couldn't find someone to go with me last minute. I didn't want to go solo so I ultimately never went.

The appeal to me isn't the same anymore, done it many times so it just doesn't excite me like it used to

Old Post Jan-09-2019 18:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

i've noticed a lot of folks are interested in Tucanese de Tijuana. I think I'm going to have to listen to a little bit of their music.

Old Post Jan-10-2019 16:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
i've noticed a lot of folks are interested in Tucanese de Tijuana. I think I'm going to have to listen to a little bit of their music.

You're not going to like or understand their music.

It's just a good fit to draw more Hispanics, specifically Mexicans to Coachella. Every year they put in a large Hispanic act to draw that specific crowd. Last year they had Los Angeles Azules and a few years ago they had Caifanes, a legendary Mexican rock group that broke up and did a reunion tour like 20 years later lol. That was the last year I went, primarily to see them since the shows in Mexico for that tour were either sold out to too expensive after travel costs.

Here's the song where the crowd will go ape shit, a song about drugs. But they use animals to address the coke, weed and heroin. Obviously it's and older song because now the drug dealers down there are making more money off meth stolen gas and illegal mining lol

Old Post Jan-10-2019 16:32  United States
refuge
That 303 Guy

Deep pass unless I can score free tickets and transportation. Coachella is way too commercial / Billboard Top 100 now, they seem to base their bookings solely on social media following/popularity/guaranteed sales numbers, and it's become apparent since 2010, a very introductory music festival when you're 18-24 just getting into festivals, lineups got more and more bland/generic catering to mainstream crowds after 2009. Best years from '99-'09 when it was underground. I know there was a few dope dance music acts sprinkled in between 2010 to now but the number was so few (<5% of the total lineup) it wouldn't justify the price of going out there for 2-3 days. It's sad how commercial Coachella has gotten. The golden years were great. 2019 acts of interest Ame, Agoria, Amelie Lens, Aphex Twin, Blond:ish, Charlotte De Witte, Chris Lake, Cirez D, Deep Dish, Four Tet, Guy Gerber, Heidi Lawden, Hot Since '82, Lee Burridge, Nina Kraviz, Nicole Moudaber, Nic Fanciulli, Patrice Baumel, Stephan Bodzin, Tale of Us, is decent not bad, but they all play so frequently in LA and at other festivals, the most interesting acts to draw me in would be Agoria, Deep Dish for the reunion (12-13 years since I've heard Deep Dish play together since Dubfire went his own way) and Aphex Twin since he hardly ever plays in America and is a true pioneer of electronic music.

Last edited by refuge on Jan-16-2019 at 06:26

Old Post Jan-16-2019 05:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Coachella 2019

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Cirez D, Deep Dish, Lee Burridge, Chris Lake, Nic Fanciulli

Wow it's like 2005 all over again.

Coachella is a pass for me. It's become such an IG shitfest with top 40 acts. There's just so many randoms that aren't there for music it's basically become a social media festival.

The fact that Kanye rider demands got so crazy (arriving on stage in a UFO) they nixed him says everything about the types of acts they're booking.

Old Post Jan-16-2019 23:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
That 303 Guy

Re: Re: Coachella 2019

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

It's become such an IG shitfest with top 40 acts. There's just so many randoms that aren't there for music it's basically become a social media festival.

Too true.

Old Post Jan-18-2019 13:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Xtracktor
EDM Conservative

quote:
Originally posted by refuge
Deep pass unless I can score free tickets and transportation. Coachella is way too commercial / Billboard Top 100 now, they seem to base their bookings solely on social media following/popularity/guaranteed sales numbers, and it's become apparent since 2010, a very introductory music festival when you're 18-24 just getting into festivals, lineups got more and more bland/generic catering to mainstream crowds after 2009. Best years from '99-'09 when it was underground. I know there was a few dope dance music acts sprinkled in between 2010 to now but the number was so few (<5% of the total lineup) it wouldn't justify the price of going out there for 2-3 days. It's sad how commercial Coachella has gotten. The golden years were great. 2019 acts of interest Ame, Agoria, Amelie Lens, Aphex Twin, Blond:ish, Charlotte De Witte, Chris Lake, Cirez D, Deep Dish, Four Tet, Guy Gerber, Heidi Lawden, Hot Since '82, Lee Burridge, Nina Kraviz, Nicole Moudaber, Nic Fanciulli, Patrice Baumel, Stephan Bodzin, Tale of Us, is decent not bad, but they all play so frequently in LA and at other festivals, the most interesting acts to draw me in would be Agoria, Deep Dish for the reunion (12-13 years since I've heard Deep Dish play together since Dubfire went his own way) and Aphex Twin since he hardly ever plays in America and is a true pioneer of electronic music.

lol just reading this brings back nostalgia!

Old Post Jan-24-2019 05:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Xtracktor Click here to Send Xtracktor a Private Message Add Xtracktor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
That 303 Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Xtracktor
lol just reading this brings back nostalgia!

Old Post Jan-25-2019 20:56 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2019
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTechno track ID7 [2009] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAdam White - "Ballerina" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread