Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The THT 90's thread (1992-1996)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Rasta The THT 90's thread (1992-1996)

There is a hidden facebook group called THT90's Group (Trance House Techno) and the Belgian moderator asked to post just tracks from 1992-1996 (96 included). The groups is connected to the Illusion site, which was a famous club in Belgium.
So I posted some tracks together with others, but was surprised of the amount of cool tracks of that period. I even found some awesome tracks I never heard before.
Might be nice to put some here as well to show what an amazing time this was, long before people heard of Tiesto, Armin or Ferry.

Edit: added 1996 too as the FB group did as well.

Please add the year, country and style.

To keep embedded video's small manually change size in the code to e.g. width="500" height="300" after pasting.

3th album single: Lisaya - Be Your Word [Vibrate Audio], click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Feb-09-2019 at 17:22

Old Post Feb-02-2019 17:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I found these two a and b side I never heard before, both amazing hard trance:

Year: 1995, Country: Germany, Style: Hard Trance

Last edited by Trance-M on Feb-02-2019 at 19:52

Old Post Feb-02-2019 19:12  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Year: 1995, Country: Belgium, Style: Trance ------ Year: 1993, Country: Belgium, Style: Trance

Old Post Feb-02-2019 20:00  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Frequently people say trance like in the early days shouldn't have vocals, but truth is there were vocal trance tracks since the early beginning like this one from 1993 (even the trance mix had vocals):

Old Post Feb-03-2019 12:53  Netherlands
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Used to have these vinyls, then sold them when I started buying gear, I think. Both have become rather pricey and sought-after now, it seems.

Year: 1993 Country: Switzerland Style: Breakbeat, Techno

Year: 1994 Country: US Style: Techno, Experimental

Old Post Feb-03-2019 16:08  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
Used to have these vinyls, then sold them when I started buying gear, I think. Both have become rather pricey and sought-after now, it seems.

Claude Young has made some really fine tunes back in the day. Belgian Trance or Hard Trance unfortunately haven't aged good at all except some tracks which i don't remember right now. I might even go as far as say even the German Trance scene produced tracks which still holds up to this day.

The fast Belgian variant with fast bpm mixed with hardcore which sounds amateurish doesn't sound good to my ears.

Sorry for being so negative but that's just my opinion.

Old Post Feb-08-2019 23:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by klappa
Claude Young has made some really fine tunes back in the day. Belgian Trance or Hard Trance unfortunately haven't aged good at all except some tracks which i don't remember right now. I might even go as far as say even the German Trance scene produced tracks which still holds up to this day.

The fast Belgian variant with fast bpm mixed with hardcore which sounds amateurish doesn't sound good to my ears.

Sorry for being so negative but that's just my opinion.

I agree, most tracks didn't age well, you're not negative about that.
Maybe, or probably some memories of that time are needed to make them sound nice nowadays.
Squeezed between Belgium and Germany here in the south I shopped at both sides of the borders.

Year: 1995, Country: Belgium, Style: Trance

Old Post Feb-09-2019 11:21  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Sunday Club Paladian Dawn ------------------- Delta Line Microraver

Year: 1995, Country: UK, Style: Progressive Trance ------------------- Year: 1996, Country: Belgium, Style: Hard Trance

Last edited by Trance-M on Feb-09-2019 at 17:29

Old Post Feb-09-2019 17:14  Netherlands
lacksesepsotygh
;B

There's so much insanely good stuff released in the 1990s. So much that I decided to start a mix series where I explore this stuff and invite guests with similar mindsets.

Anyone that's interested can find them on www.soundcloud.com/kiskelfacit

I don't particulary fancy this fast-paced hard trance stuff that's been posted here. Alphastarred's suggestions as well as dj_christian's comments are spot-on for me. This german rave stuff sounds so cheap and plastic when compared to the ambient techno, acid and "idm" released during the same years. These often sound a lot more hypnotic and trancey than the stuff was given the trance label.

When it comes to "fast" music released at this period, I'd rather go for something like this:

Old Post Feb-26-2019 17:11  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

oh, so you are 'kiskelfacit'

still waiting for the glitch mix.

Old Post Feb-26-2019 17:35  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Kilixpree is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Andrew Brix - Piano Euphoria (Original Mix)

Year: 1994, Country: Germany, Style: Hard Trance

Choci and The Freedom Of Sound ‎ Trancition (Mongolian 303 Heaven)

Year: 1994, Country: UK, Style: Acid, Progressive Trance

Last edited by Trance-M on Mar-01-2019 at 19:58

Old Post Mar-01-2019 19:53  Netherlands
lacksesepsotygh
;B

quote:
Originally posted by Kilixpree
oh, so you are 'kiskelfacit'

still waiting for the glitch mix.

That's me. I thought I had this handle on discord as well, but now i'm not sure.

I realize that most of the glitchy stuff I have was made post 1999, so I don't have enough tracks at the moment to make a full glitch mix.

Just put this one on sc:

01. As One - Asa Nisi Masa [New Electronica - 1994]
02. Professor Smith - Remember 48024 [XLR8R Traks - 1996]
03. Hiroshi Morohashi - Shades Of Rhythm [Shield Records - 1997]
04. Prism - Soft Tone [Deviant Records - 1996]
05. Freeform - Many [Skam - 1995]
06. Optic Nerve - Premonition [Pow Wow Trance - 1993]
07. Prototype - The Path [Buzz - 1992]
08. Sandoz - Ocean Reflection [New Electronica - 1994]
09. Bjorn Torske - Don't Electric Shock Me [Ferox Records - 1998]
10. Kenny Larkin - Chasers [Distance - 1996]
11. LA Synthesis - Agraphobia [Plink Plonk - 1994]
12. Duplex - Above The Arctic Circle [Djak-Up-Bitch (DUB) - 1997]
13. Paradise 3001 - Normizon 5AM [ESP Records - 1992]
14. Pure - Way Of Thinking [New Electronica - 1994]
15. Open House Featuring Placid Angels - Rainforest [Buzz - 1992]

https://soundcloud.com/kiskelfacit/...allobsbagskytte

Old Post Mar-03-2019 07:40  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The THT 90's thread (1992-1996)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread