Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]

I've just bought my own house, and very shortly I'll be moving out of my rented flat on the lovely Hanover Square. Unfortunately, that means no more DJ mixes or loud music until I've got the feel of the neighbours and the thickness of my walls, not to mention the billion and one DIY projects which will now be taking up my time. This weekend was the last free one I'll have before the move, so I thought I'd lay down a set featuring some of the tunes I've been bumping recently but haven't shared online until now. Slightly less proggy than my recent mixes, with some chunky house, dub techno and tech house thrown in as well.

It was done on the CDJ 2000 Nexus IIs and Pioneer mixer I've been looking after for a friend. The mixing isn't completely seamless in places, and I don't really like the EQ bands on this mixer, but I think the flow and structure came out pretty well. The name comes from the reputation my flat has gained for hosting messy sessions and after-parties that leave everyone nursing a headache the following day.

01. Airgap - Resolve (Main Mix) [Yoshitoshi]
02. Artes - Bright Side (Lauren Lo Sung Remix) [Downhill]
03. Pablo Bolivar - Dahnser [Endless]
04. Steve Bug & Langenberg - A Touch Of Detroit [Poker Flat]
05. Deep Kennedys - Boredom [Push Communications]
06. Son Of Raw - A Black Man In Space (Sax Mix) [Objektivity]
07. Alexander Aurel - Jupiter [Leena]
08. Deep Kennedys - Manchester [Isendit.]
09. Juan Deminicis - The Scape [Plattenbank]
10. Volen Sentir - Arrival [All Day I Dream]
11. Kamil Sanclemente & Golan Zocher - Sol [Perspectives Digital]
12. Atish & Mark Slee - Chameleon (Nick Warren & Nicolas Rada Remix) [Manjumasi]
13. Jobe - Four Colours [Manual]
14. Hot TuneiK - Green Eyes [Balkan Connection]
15. Hot TuneiK - Emotions [Undergroove]
16. Terranova Feat. Sifa & Ivory - Let It Fail [Kompakt]
17. Orbital - Monday (Jay Shepheard Edit) [Soundcloud]
18. Orbital - Monday [FFRR]
19. Sid Le Rock - Kismet [Tenampa]
20. Terr - Have You Ever (Dub) [Permanent Vacation]
21. Alex Metric & Ten Ven - Plates [Diynamic]
22. F.E.M - Manchester City [Qubiq]
23. Arturia - Empirical [Songspire]
24. Monkey Safari - Smalltown (Hernan Cattaneo & Audio Junkies Remix) [Hommage]
25. Starecase - Sunshine [Soundcloud]

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-17-2019 16:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That fucking tracklist is, to quote my american brethren absolutely Lit.

Prime workout material for tomorrow morn. Ta for that.

How'd you like the nexii?

Old Post Feb-18-2019 04:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, the Nexus IIs themselves are great, although I'm not enough of a gearhead to compare them to previous iterations. I'm a bit gutted I'll have to give them back soon, but luckily the friend who owns them is moving back to Leeds soon, so hopefully the beat will go on at his new place.

Old Post Feb-18-2019 21:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Well, I was really hoping for some real rough mixing, but alas. I could tell you weren't 100% used to the gear, as not *every* transition was whisper-perfect, but I think there was really only one or two obvious transitions. Do the Nexus (Nexi?) belong to one of The Rebel Alliance members?

Always nice going into your mixes without reading the TL, to get the familiar and the new. Love that 'Black Man In Space' tune from whomever's Balance release and it's always nice to have 'Monday' sneak up on one.

Good stuff, as always! Glad to get another mix from you before you sink into the oblivion of home-ownership and constant DIYing. Hope all is well with you and the other half!

Old Post Feb-20-2019 21:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, everything's good, thanks. The decks and mixer are property of Rob. I've been looking after them for the last few months.

The Son Of Raw tune was indeed nicked from Denney (one of Leeds' finest) and it was his GU NuBreed, not a Balance comp. I've seen him rock the place a few times up here, but I was really surprised he got a GU compilation as he's not remotely proggy. Maybe there's some subliminal prog influence in the kind of house he plays, because the first CD of that NuBreed comp really hits the spot for me.

Old Post Feb-21-2019 19:56  England
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Yes I enjoyed this greatly. That Son Of Raw tune is great and totally did not expect that much sax on a Jack Moss mix

I thought the mixing was up to your usual standard so you can, quite frankly, get te fuck with your "not quite seamless" comment.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Feb-22-2019 18:21  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Going to check this out

Old Post Feb-27-2019 08:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

I listened it this morning during my bike ride to work.

Perfect soundtrack for sunny morning before the stress of the work day starts to creep in.

Most of your mixes are similar, and listener probably always know what to expect from it, but this one is somehow different. Even though I dont like that particular Sax track, I liked the way it affected the mix and the overall atmosphere. I think that more mixes on this board should have those 'not expected' moments which will help keep that mix interesting and talked about.

Ill probably listened it tomorrow again..

Old Post Mar-05-2019 21:27  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Glad you enjoyed it. I think my mixes work out better when I keep the prog content to only about 50%, because it gives it that variation in the other half of the mix. Prog can become a very homogeneous genre, much as I love it.

Old Post Mar-08-2019 12:47  England
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

Exactly.

It feels like this mix has more "space" for every one of your ideas you tried to put into, and it worked out great in the end.

Old Post Mar-08-2019 13:24  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Not much to say besides it was an enjoyable listen. The second track seems a bit out of place imo considering most of the first 30 minutes has that kinda sleepy feel. Pretty typical Jack Moss vibe the whole way here, building up to an intermediate energy level, with a nice easy finish. I particularly enjoyed the single breaks track at the very end. You can tell what the people want! Nice work.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Mar-13-2019 19:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aufenglishbitte
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I particularly enjoyed the single breaks track at the very end.

Nick Warren

Old Post Mar-14-2019 10:16  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for aufenglishbitte Click here to Send aufenglishbitte a Private Message Add aufenglishbitte to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMark EG @ Slammin Vinyl 99 [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDivino - "Proper To Men" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread