Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite essential mixes
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
BTG
Ez skinz ez lyfe

Favorite essential mixes

post them

way out west 30 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EcAceh8XXI

maybe one at a time?

I also really like william orbits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3y8MhGkJ8

Old Post Feb-26-2019 09:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Andrew Weatherall, CJ Bolland, Blu Peter, Billy Nasty (1994).

Old Post Feb-26-2019 12:31  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

thats so hard to evaluate; such a pleasure to listen to old EMs, the amount of brilliant stuff is gigantique. I'll go with 'clarke 2000', 'dave angel 1994' (thank you System-J), 'sven vath 1997', 'portishead 1995' and 'circulation 2002'. also I remember great memories from a lexicon avenue and diggers mix, but can't remember which one tbh

Old Post Feb-26-2019 13:43  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The thread's been done to death, so I'm doubtless repeating (and contradicting) some of my earlier posts elsewhere by writing this:

The Future Sound Of London - December 1993
Leftfield - August 1994
LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad - July 1995
Sasha - November 1995
Paul Van Dyk - April 1997
Nick Warren - October 1999
Sasha - Feb 2000
Parks & Wilson - April 2000
Steve Lawler - February 2001
Lucien Foort - March 2001
James Zabiela - April 2010
Lee Burridge - September 2015

I remember really loving the Circulation one, but I've only listened to it properly once so it wouldn't quite be fair to call it a "favourite".

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-26-2019 19:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Just a few off the top of my head, a couple the same as Jack's above:

LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad - July 1995
John Digweed - May 1995
The Man With No Name - July 1998
Paul Van Dyk - April 2000
Pete Tong - April 2011
Dixon - September 2013
Lee Burridge - September 2015
Calibre - July 2017
SpectraSoul - November 2017

Last edited by on Feb-28-2019 at 15:56

Old Post Feb-26-2019 20:22 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

btw, did you guys know about 'essentialmix.nu'? since there's a ton of mixes, I used their ratings as a guide to which mixes to listen to. After this thread I gave a chance to the '1994 Massive Attack Mix' and holy shit, it is great. 'black moon - reality' works really well there

Old Post Feb-27-2019 13:20  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

my top 5:

1. Sander Kleinenberg - June 2001
2. John Askew - Feb 2007
3. John Digweed - May 1999
4. Tiesto - Sept 2001
5. Gabriel & Dresden - March 2003

Old Post Feb-27-2019 15:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

Camo & Krooked - 2017 https://soundcloud.com/camokrooked/essential-mix-2017
Pendulum - 2005
High Contrast - 2007
Tony De Vit - 1995
Oakenfold world series - 1999
Calyx & Teebee - 2013 - https://soundcloud.com/calyxteebee/calyx-teebee-bbcr1

Old Post Feb-28-2019 15:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Also, one of my favourite things about the Essential Mix which I never hear talked about is that beautiful Radio One compression you get on them, particularly the older ones. The sound quality is so fat and has a fantastic texture to it, which is the closest I've ever heard to capturing the punch of hearing a tune on a big club system. So many times I've heard a tune in an EM and thought it sounded massive, only to play it on Youtube and be disappointed by how thin it sounds in comparison.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-28-2019 22:07  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

One of the later ones, but I rather enjoyed Joris Voorn's 2009 EM, released right around the time he and his balance comp were being helped to a heaping of hype. Love the way that one (and really any mix) weaves its way through downtempo and midtempo jams, so if anyone could recommend an EM mixed in a similar vein, would be very much appreciative.

BTW, no love for Sasha's Maida Vale set?

Old Post Mar-01-2019 02:24  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gemlerr
tranceaddict

John Digweed - Live at Club Heaven (Essential Mix 10-06-2002)

Old Post Mar-01-2019 04:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Gemlerr Click here to Send Gemlerr a Private Message Add Gemlerr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

btw, 'carl cox 2000-02-20' is another one that I spin from time to time. the track selection is absolutly sick...

by the way, in this mix he plays a track called 'Future Reference - This One's Yours'. Anyone has this one or know where I can buy it in digital format? It is so haunting, holy molly

Old Post Mar-01-2019 13:21  Brazil

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite essential mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackname this [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGalaxy - "Higher Frequency" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread