Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Any new EDM better than 90s stuff?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

I have found many tracks which are really good in recent years, but none of have been able to really come close to anything from the 90s. More like "good for now, good in a while" type of releases. If anybody has good stuff out there please share, I haven't found anything in recent years that can compete with 90s EDM.

Old Post Mar-29-2019 05:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

If you mean stuff that has the 90's sound, it's out there, though not in abundance:

https://www.discogs.com/Trancemaster-Neptunes-Orb/release/11056285

Old Post Mar-31-2019 06:46  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RTP
Supreme tranceaddict

oh gosh where do I begin

OK I'll just throw in some tracks in my post to make it more interesting for you to read ^^

no offence, but I never got into this EDM term ... I hold it like this article: https://www.magneticmag.com/2015/10...per-definition/

so ... I don't even know what style you like

I can only guess you are fed up with the current sound

well, welcome aboard ... many people are ... I am not completely - I am fed up with current crowds at parties and with the commericalized dubstepped glitched sh*t they play in major clubs and venues, but not necessarily fed up with the sound

yes the 90s were super awesome "EDM music" (back then we used dat term) wise ... I do love them aswell

but there's tons of good stuff out there waiting ... I took a large detour through the psytrance genres and now I am slowly coming back to other electronic music genres and my horizon keeps boradening ... I keep discovering and I like it

First: open your mind. Endlessly. Listen to this:

feedback?

2002 <--> 2020 <--> 2022 (soon)

Old Post Apr-03-2019 21:39  Austria
Click Here to See the Profile for RTP Click here to Send RTP a Private Message Add RTP to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

This is really nice: https://www.discogs.com/Reedale-Ris...elease/12706638

There are lots more of this sort of chill/Detroit-esque techno being released, from the likes of Kirk Degiorgio, Steven Rutter, Stephen Lopkin, Mihail P and Erell Ranson, among others.

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Apr-12-2019 at 17:40

Old Post Apr-04-2019 22:07  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

Re: Any new EDM better than 90s stuff?

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Pluviose
Any new EDM better than 90s stuff?

nope!

quote:

ALFI - BOHICA - DJ MIX (Stream+Dropbox)

Old Post Apr-08-2019 20:59  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

I'm diggin these lately

Mathame - Skywalking

JEROME ISMA-AE & ALASTOR - Reflection (Extended Mix)

Guess Disco - Metropolis (Original Mix)

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Apr-09-2019 01:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

@ AlphaStarred

Do you know anything about this artist named "S.O.N.S" ? These guys are making 90s acid style tracks but their releases have all been recent, since 2014, but their music sounds like it is recorded and produced on all classic analogue hardware and older methods.

Apparently, they don't do any digital releases, no one knows who they are, and they only do repress tracks only. Extremely rare kind of breed of EDM artists here.

Discogs info is extremely vague, saying they are from South Korea or Japan, but we all know Asians cannot make classic 90s acid like this... maybe their own kind of techno flair, but not with this strong European influence in the composition.

Whoever these guys are, they are making some lush trance, a huge throwback!

Old Post Apr-12-2019 02:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
@ AlphaStarred

Do you know anything about this artist named "S.O.N.S" ? These guys are making 90s acid style tracks but their releases have all been recent, since 2014, but their music sounds like it is recorded and produced on all classic analogue hardware and older methods.

I don't think I've heard of him/them before. He/they could be using a combination of older analog gear and modern stuff, perhaps, who knows? You may also want to check out Dawl, whose stuff sounds like it's from the early 90's:

quote:

Discogs info is extremely vague, saying they are from South Korea or Japan, but we all know Asians cannot make classic 90s acid like this... maybe their own kind of techno flair, but not with this strong European influence in the composition.

I don't see why not. Guys like Ken Ishii and Susumu Yokota were involved with well-known European labels since the early 90's, and nowadays there's Soundcloud/internet, a vinyl resurgence, more DJs touring... I was in South Korea back in 2010/2011, and there was a DJ at a club in Seoul who was playing Marco Carola and other stuff from overseas. And this was before the vinyl resurgence, the widespread popularity of Soundcloud, etc.

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Apr-12-2019 at 17:42

Old Post Apr-12-2019 17:10  Israel
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:

I gather you aren't familiar with The Frankfurt-Tokyo Connection, you moronic muppet.

Old Post Apr-13-2019 10:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

All you have to do is take the time and look, today's market for music is so over saturated compared to the 90's where mostly everything was on vinyl and had to actually meet some kind of criteria to warrant a pressing/release.

Here's what I've been into lately:

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Apr-13-2019 17:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I find it telling that everyone has responded by posting tracks that sound as much like the '90s as possible.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-13-2019 19:46  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by Syntonic
...the 90's where mostly everything...had to actually meet some kind of criteria to warrant a pressing/release.

That's not necessarily true, as there are plenty of records from back then that may be considered cheesy and may cause one to wonder how they were pressed in the first place. Though you're right about today's market...

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I find it telling that everyone has responded by posting tracks that sound as much like the '90s as possible.

To be fair, I think I'm generally more fond of modern electro than the electro from the 90's (which generally doesn't sound like it's from the 90's).

There's also some modern techno/tekno, acid and other stuff that's quite different from, and sometimes better than, some of the 90's stuff:

OP, you may dig this one, in particular:

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Apr-14-2019 at 02:45

Old Post Apr-14-2019 02:17  Israel

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Any new EDM better than 90s stuff?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMan With No Name - "Paint A Picture" (Vocal Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread