Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Are today's drugs very different from years ago?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

Are today's drugs very different from years ago?

It's been a long time, I never do any sort of EDM concert/raves/shows these days, sometimes I once in a while throw my own parties and it seems like some of the enhancements I had back in the day were way more euphoric and actually made me want to dance and roll out hard to all the classic EDM tracks. These days if I try something out there it's usually making me really floored and mellow, or it's too strong and I got to wait until it's calms down. Even when it calms down, it just doesn't feel the same. It's not my tolerance either because I haven't done anything in years. Does anybody know anything about this?

Old Post Mar-29-2019 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

I'm no expert, but the rise of opioids in the States is likely a factor in drugs mellowing out. Whether it's ketamine becoming the party favour of choice since the mid-'00s, or fentanyl spreading into everything, I'm not sure. Probably a bit of both.

(~)

Old Post Mar-29-2019 07:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

An enormously vague question which depends entirely on where you live and which drugs you're taking.

I've no idea what things are like anywhere else, but in Europe, pills are stronger than they ever have been in history. Dosages of 2-300mg are now the norm, and pills come with break lines specifically to be broken in half.

Further reading: https://mixmag.net/read/why-are-pil...the-moment-blog

Of course, anyone who takes anything without first looking it up on Pill Reports or at least buying from a trusted dealer is a spectacular moron.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-29-2019 07:57  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

george soros ruined weed lol

quote:

ALFI - BOHICA - DJ MIX (Stream+Dropbox)

Old Post Apr-07-2019 22:06  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

I'll speak on this from my perspective in a few ..

Old Post Apr-08-2019 13:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Old Post Apr-08-2019 13:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

so between 2007 and 2010 i swallowed around 500 ecstasy pills,

i was young, dumb, and i didn't bother testing them out or knowing what the hell i was putting inside of me, it was a reckless time and i had total disregard, in the same token i never ended up in the E.R or had any unpleasant effects that i can remember.....so i never developed this sort of prudent alertness to stay safe and take care of myself ( i do now through trial and error i diet and exercise)

flash forward to 2018 and i for some reason wanted to do it again..i guess you never really lose the urge even after denouncing it for a good 7-8 years its always sort of on the back of your mind...

long story short i remember taking half a pill this past September, and then i blacked out, i have no recollection of what happened but i woke up on a stretcher chair , apparently i was lying on the ground for some time gasping for air and i was lucky enough to have someone find me and call 911... (extremely lucky because i was alone during this whole enterprise and hadn't told anyone that i was doing it)

it really is a miracle that i was given a second chance in life, and came out of it relatively uninjured other than my entire family knowing about my dark secret , i was able to hide it for all these years ( i also have a $500 dollar ambulance ride bill)

but i guess it also speaks to how much the drug world has changed..

if i was a teenager today, and behaved the way i did a decade ago, i would probably be dead.

Last edited by LoveHate on Apr-08-2019 at 20:51

Old Post Apr-08-2019 15:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

Well, if I didnt have a good reason why not to visit the activities of days past, I do now. Even though Ive spent my fair share of time in the ER, but that was with "back then" dosages, if half-a-pill sends people to the floor nowadays, jeesh, yeah.. Alright then!

quote:

Old Post Apr-08-2019 20:58  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

probably not, we're all just old

BUT I did take a half of a "RedSupreme" pill a couple years ago at BPM Festival and literally could not move off the ground for 2 hours. Not a fun experience. Never again lol. I dunno how I use to eat 3-4 pills a night when I was a teenager

These days being an old man (38) its a half an adderall and a Heineken and I am good to go.

Old Post Apr-09-2019 18:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by itsamemario
Well, if I didnt have a good reason why not to visit the activities of days past, I do now. Even though Ive spent my fair share of time in the ER, but that was with "back then" dosages, if half-a-pill sends people to the floor nowadays, jeesh, yeah.. Alright then!

It was discovered that fentanyl was the main ingredient in the pill ....because I was given naloxone...and yeah came back to life

In any case not worth risking it

Unless you test it out with a kit first

Old Post Apr-10-2019 00:01  Canada
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
It was discovered that fentanyl was the main ingredient in the pill ....because I was given naloxone...and yeah came back to life

In any case not worth risking it

Unless you test it out with a kit first

yeah i trust the producers of those test kits just about as much as the guys selling the drugs! xP hehe

But dang! the kids are rolling on fentanyl nowadays.. I remember me and a friend making fun of heroin junkies, us being all speedy obvious making fun of the mellowheads.. like ironically go "woooo yeahhhhh!!!! that's some NICCCE heroin wooohooooooo!"... whatever, it was funny at the time hah

quote:

Old Post Apr-10-2019 12:29  Norway
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by itsamemario
yeah i trust the producers of those test kits just about as much as the guys selling the drugs! xP hehe

But dang! the kids are rolling on fentanyl nowadays.. I remember me and a friend making fun of heroin junkies, us being all speedy obvious making fun of the mellowheads.. like ironically go "woooo yeahhhhh!!!! that's a NICCCE syringe wooohooooooo heroin Partyyyy!"... whatever, it was funny at the time hah

quote:

Old Post Apr-10-2019 12:29  Norway

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Are today's drugs very different from years ago?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI don't know this track... pleas help me [2004] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJoey Beltram - Slice [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread