Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Business Techno
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Business Techno

Forget "big room techno", "Drumcode techno" or "breakdown techno". We now have an official name for the new breed of shit main stage festival techno played by DJs who charge five figures a gig and have their own marketing department: Business Techno.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-24-2019 15:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Makes sense, I guess.

Old Post May-24-2019 19:20  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Dammit, I mist, (edit: o, that's Dutch), I missed the next big thing last year!

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on May-25-2019 at 17:57

Old Post May-24-2019 20:33  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Haha! Was lurking on the RA Facebook for some comedy the other day, and saw a tonne of comments complaining about the tonne of Marco Carola articles regarding his legal spat in Ibiza. Within were a tonne of quips about 'business techno'. Was wondering where it came from.

(~)

Old Post May-24-2019 21:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Most of it originates from the Worst Techno Memes Ever group on Facebook. Someone added me to it the other day and it's a treasure trove of scene politics and drama. Makes me quite nostalgic for the good old days of TA gossip about Hawtin, Villalobos and co circa 2007-8.

Old Post May-26-2019 10:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

Someone tell Ishkur...

will need to update his Guide To Electronic Music

Old Post May-26-2019 11:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
Someone tell Ishkur...

will need to update his Guide To Electronic Music

It's already a trial getting him to release V3.0 in its current state. Let's not saddle him more with the Business Techno.

(~)

Old Post May-26-2019 17:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

lol I dont mind it

Old Post May-26-2019 17:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
It's already a trial getting him to release V3.0 in its current state. Let's not saddle him more with the Business Techno.

At what point is he going to quietly give up on the whole venture? The ship sailed for hyper-precise genre tags about five years ago.

Old Post May-26-2019 18:07  England
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
At what point is he going to quietly give up on the whole venture? The ship sailed for hyper-precise genre tags about five years ago.

It's too completed for it to be given up on now.

(~)

Old Post May-26-2019 18:31  Canada
LoveHate

a lot of people appreciated the original

Old Post May-26-2019 21:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The original guide(s) came right at the apex of dance music's splintering into myriad sub-directions in the early 2000s, and so they were appropriately satirical as well as informative. Almost 20 years on the whole model is very different. Beatport is as comprehensive a guide to genres as you'll get.

Old Post May-28-2019 11:12  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Business Techno
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID this incredible Tune! [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Digress - "Baila Para Mi" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread