Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Burning Man Camp Suggestions
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Burning Man Camp Suggestions

Asking for a friend. Do you guys know of any cool Burning Man Camps people can request to join?

Old Post Jun-12-2019 13:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

It's honestly a bit late for most camps, which are already full in motion. Camp are generally found in-network, so: Has your friend been to burning man before? Do they know anyone else who goes?

I recommend if it's their first time, to go solo or in a small group. Camping with a large group is a catered experience and has pros/cons for a first experience. As such, is this a bucket list item for this person, or are they in it for the challenge?

Old Post Jun-12-2019 20:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
It's honestly a bit late for most camps, which are already full in motion. Camp are generally found in-network, so: Has your friend been to burning man before? Do they know anyone else who goes?

I recommend if it's their first time, to go solo or in a small group. Camping with a large group is a catered experience and has pros/cons for a first experience. As such, is this a bucket list item for this person, or are they in it for the challenge?

I think they were looking for next year anyways. Definitely bucket list. I wasn't thinking one of the big camps like District or Opulent Temple. But a cool small intimate camp. He's a good guy and he's GAYYYYY (he's on TA too). But I'd love for him to have a great experience on the Playa with a great group of people.

Old Post Jun-12-2019 20:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Don't get caught saying the word "bucket list" to burners. As they don't like tourists. (I'm learning)

Tell your friend to add to some Facebook groups. I could have swore I saw a post yesterday with a camp recruiting which would fit him well.

Here are some groups I've added to recently. I'm still a maybe this year. Really depends if I can score tickets in the OMG sale or last minute from someone who can't go.

I've also been looking at possibly purchasing a RV. If not I'll rent....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/burntheman/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399509927028134/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/905909739528922/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/laburners/

Old Post Jun-25-2019 21:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fantasyexctasy
Supreme tranceaddict

It's more fun to go without a camp your first time. That way you gotta go meet people and gives you a reason to return the next year if you like BM. Not everyone who goes will like it. 90% of the people there were white and as a person of obvious color, I didn't really fit in. I tried to make friends but it seems like people weren't comfortable around me. Just my two cents

Old Post Jun-28-2019 10:04  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for fantasyexctasy Click here to Send fantasyexctasy a Private Message Add fantasyexctasy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by fantasyexctasy
It's more fun to go without a camp your first time. That way you gotta go meet people and gives you a reason to return the next year if you like BM. Not everyone who goes will like it. 90% of the people there were white and as a person of obvious color, I didn't really fit in. I tried to make friends but it seems like people weren't comfortable around me. Just my two cents

wait. did you go on your own or did you go with a camp and feel that you didn't fit in?

Old Post Jun-28-2019 13:09  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

I could have gone a few times to BM but it just never really got my attention to go.

IDK I just hate being fucking dirty and sweaty for a week straight lol

Old Post Jul-08-2019 04:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
I could have gone a few times to BM but it just never really got my attention to go.

IDK I just hate being fucking dirty and sweaty for a week straight lol

If I do go....I will have to go with a RV for that same reason.

I hear they also have camps that offer showers.

Some camps have it all. Cooks, showers, spa etc.

Old Post Jul-08-2019 23:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

I hear they also have camps that offer showers.

Some camps have it all. Cooks, showers, spa etc.

I believe burners call those "plug n play" camps or "sherpa" camps, where rich people pay butt loads of money to live like royalty on the playa. Some of my veteran burner folks don't really like these groups as they feel they're not the true spirit of the playa. Sometimes, I also think my friends are little jealous they don't have pimped out RV's

Old Post Jul-09-2019 13:06  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I believe burners call those "plug n play" camps or "sherpa" camps, where rich people pay butt loads of money to live like royalty on the playa. Some of my veteran burner folks don't really like these groups as they feel they're not the true spirit of the playa. Sometimes, I also think my friends are little jealous they don't have pimped out RV's

Yeah I ain't rich and a lot of those people feel entitled and aren't fun to hang around with.

The times I could have gone I was just offered passes, everything else I would have to figure out. I have a lot of friends that go so I was tempted. I almost went with a girl a few years ago but then I did the math of how much I was going to spend on everything and quickly realized it wasn't worth it to me personally. Same music just different backdrop scenery, not that enticing to a "jaded old fart" like my self as Billy would say.

Old Post Jul-09-2019 19:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal

There's a lot of this going on, and true burners don't apparently like these groups at all.

I think the peak of the was Mark Zuckerberg who helicoptered in to his two giant, multimillion dollar RVs (basically luxury mansions in bus form) and they descended out from a ramp on segways and even brought security to stop people getting too close to their camp.

Some however take the line that everyone is welcome and it's another form of elitism to frown upon how someone wants to go to burning man.

I think the main thing that would annoy me is people who have never really been in to the music, going the sherpa route so they can brag about it. Great, if you learn something or it opens your horizons, then sure, but it's the tech CEO types and IG entrepreneurs that probably give it the worst name.

Old Post Jul-16-2019 00:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
IG entrepreneurs that probably give it the worst name.

I hate seeing this the most! People that are there taking selfies in front of whatever then posting WHILE they're at BM. One of the big things about BM is disconnecting from the "default" world (leaving email, twitter and all that crap behind). And here are these "Influencers" just posting away. One of the many reasons I had to get away from Social Media.

Old Post Jul-17-2019 13:32  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Burning Man Camp Suggestions
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID_vocal_summer_disco_6 PLZ ID [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRicky Le Roy - Under The Sea [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread