Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > For the early 90s PLUR heads
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

For the early 90s PLUR heads

https://www.discogs.com/Alpha-Track...elease/13579325

Pretty unashamed Hart House / Eye Q etc. revivial sound with a bit of tracky modern techno sensibility.

Not my thing but it's pretty good, certainly better than most of that absolute garbage 90s euro influenced techno coming out right now.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 11:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Bandcamp bookmarked!

(~)

Old Post Aug-16-2019 12:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wavebreaker
tranceaddict in training

Thanks, didn't know Alpha Tracks. Lots more on their SoundCloud.

Old Post Aug-17-2019 23:08  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for wavebreaker Click here to Send wavebreaker a Private Message Add wavebreaker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Just got back from seeing him DJ, actually. It was REALLY loud (a bit too loud on the hi end frequency range for my tastes), but apart from that and the somewhat predictable track selection, the set was smooth and tightly delivered.

As much as I love Harthouse and Eye Q, and as much as I'd be pretty happy dancing to these tunes at the right moment in a set, I feel that the 12" overall is slightly too much of a throwback (it sounds particularly similar to Earth Nation's early output). The stuff he has done on Cheap Records with Erdem Tunakan is a bit more meaty, and still very trancy:

Last edited by Sand Leaper on Aug-18-2019 at 00:55

Old Post Aug-18-2019 00:43  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Just got back from seeing him DJ, actually. It was REALLY loud (a bit too loud on the hi end frequency range for my tastes), but apart from that and the somewhat predictable track selection, the set was smooth and tightly delivered.

As much as I love Harthouse and Eye Q, and as much as I'd be pretty happy dancing to these tunes at the right moment in a set, I feel that the 12" overall is slightly too much of a throwback (it sounds particularly similar to Earth Nation's early output). The stuff he has done on Cheap Records with Erdem Tunakan is a bit more meaty, and still very trancy

How much straight up trance did he play in terms of % of the overall set?

And yeah, I prefer the records on cheap, too.

Old Post Aug-20-2019 19:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
How much straight up trance did he play in terms of % of the overall set?

None. The closest thing I heard was Emmanuel Top - Turkish Bazaar. His whole set actually sounded a lot more like the rougher edges of the Orange 12". It was surprising, considering that the dudes who booked him are pretty much the only ones in Oslo who still care about trance from the early 90s enough to play it (they dropped stuff like Nexus 6 - Ab Chic before he came on).

Old Post Aug-21-2019 05:43  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Icesotope
Laicifitra Ecnegilletni

pretty neat i must say, thanks for the recommendations. It kinda reminds me of 90s hard trance producers trying out something without the cheeze on their B-Side

Old Post Aug-27-2019 10:55  Malaysia
Click Here to See the Profile for Icesotope Click here to Send Icesotope a Private Message Add Icesotope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > For the early 90s PLUR heads
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDEMF 2011 Fatboy Slim Sample - listen in thread [2011] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlastic Boy - Silver Bath [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread