Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Bye bye Mixcloud!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs down Bye bye Mixcloud!

Mixcloud will limiting free listening users and trying to force them in their subscription model.

https://medium.com/mixcloud/moving-...ts-99050561a069

https://twitter.com/mixcloud/status/1156533961998385153

I knew this was coming sooner or later. Soundcloud went to the shitter several years ago. I don't know if it's greed or not but if former they maybe thought why not take the chance in this wonderful services subscription era. Everything from games, movies and music and their mom should have their own subscription service.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 15:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

well that sucks. I don't listen to mixcloud often but they tend to have older mixes that i go back and listen to.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 16:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

they have a pretty large library , often times i can find mixes from 2000-2010 that i loved listening to back in the day on there, so i might subscribe for that purpose, disney is coming out with their own streaming service soon to compete with netflix so that should be another amount to pay in the near future ..i wouldn't be surprised if some of these services start to come out bundled

Old Post Aug-16-2019 16:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

From the link you provided:

quote:

In the coming months, this free playback streaming experience on Mixcloud will become slightly more limited. It’s important to us that, as a member of our community, you understand why.

The short answer is: so that we can keep up with the costs of running a streaming service that puts artists and creators at its core, and so we can build a sustainable platform that will be here for you in the long term.

Seems reasonable, I would guess running a streaming service is extremely expense, from the hosting and bandwidth costs, to website maintenance. The limits for the free streaming aren't that bad, tbh, and it seems like it is either this, or it will shut down at some point.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 18:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Only ever use Mixcloud as an absolute last resort if a particular set isn't available elsewhere. Awful, clunky interface that still seems to get stuck buffering even on my high performance work PC.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 20:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Heard about this and it’s a bummer. I have probably 50 mixes up on my account there. Seemed inevitable though.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-17-2019 13:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Their subscription model doesn't seem to cover those accounts that upload a ton of older dj sets... does that mean they'll be taken down since it's not the DJ that posted it themselves?

Hmm.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Aug-18-2019 05:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

might be same story as Soundcloud?

Old Post Sep-02-2019 10:56  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JM
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Bye bye Mixcloud!

quote:
Originally posted by klappa
Mixcloud will limiting free listening users and trying to force them in their subscription model.

https://medium.com/mixcloud/moving-...ts-99050561a069

https://twitter.com/mixcloud/status/1156533961998385153

I knew this was coming sooner or later. Soundcloud went to the shitter several years ago. I don't know if it's greed or not but if former they maybe thought why not take the chance in this wonderful services subscription era. Everything from games, movies and music and their mom should have their own subscription service.

I could be wrong, but I don't think greed is the driving factor. Sure, the folks that run the sites want to make money, but they also don't want to lose money, and they were probably losing. Ad revenues supplement, but maybe it's just not enough.

>JM<

Old Post Sep-02-2019 16:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JM Click here to Send JM a Private Message Add JM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

Just clear your cache or use an incognito window.

Old Post Sep-03-2019 15:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Bye bye Mixcloud!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCol Hamilton lush 1998 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhunk Investigation - "Peace" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread