Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 226
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Friday 226

So it's one or the other. Someone with moar COR knowledge, plz to be advising.

My weekend to work, so that will burn half a Saturday. We finally got a little rain yesterday, so that will probably mean 3 hours of abusive yard work on Sunday. I'm ready for some fall weather, especially now that the cabin is a mere 5 minutes away.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 12:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Going to a wedding tomorrow. Very much looking forward to that after the day I had at work yesterday. A patient died during surgery, which pretty much never happens (these circumstances were different, but still), and he was someone I knew from childhood. Yesterday was also the last day at school for our daughter's favourite teacher, or at least the one she had the closest bond with. So drop off this morning was a little sad. Normally our kid runs in and straight to that teacher, but today she hesitated, almost like "Wait, where's Miss D??"

Looking forward to a happy celebration. Heh. Lol, sorry for the doom and gloom.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 12:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Sorry to hear about the loss of a patient. That can't be an easy thing to digest, and, frankly, I don't know how you all (health care pros) deal with it. Even though she knew the eventual outcome, my wife would be very upset every time they lost a patient at the nursing home.

Hope your weekend is very much less doom n gloom.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 12:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Hmmm, just learned that the wife's health insurance premium went from $502 a month to $999 a month for the rest of the year. And she's about to be out of work for 90 days for a surgery to fuse 2 vertebrae in her neck. That's almost half my monthly take home, just for the premium. I live in the most fucked up first-world country on the planet.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 12:58  United States
Silky Johnson

I dunno why this time it's so different. Maybe because I work on a surgical unit and people typically don't die or come to us to die. Our specialty is fixing and saving. Perhaps because we didn't have time to process this patient's case as we do when other patients don't do well and prognosis changes. I dunno. But I was JUST talking yesterday morning with one of the surgeons following this patient's care about how I could never be a surgeon, because as a nurse I/we already tend to internalize and question ourselves and carry guilt when things go south - so I couldn't fathom carrying the weight of their decisions.

But yeah, it's usually pretty easy to compartmentalize and work through stuff tbh. For me, anyway, this is why I enjoy the work and feel it's a perfect fit for me. I am just good at dealing with shit.

Now, put me in a room full of toddlers and I would probably lose my shit, lol.

And thanks!

Old Post Aug-23-2019 13:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Oh man, I think I am setup for disaster on Sat. Will be relaying a sprint tri, not just any relay but we will be pushing a wheelchair bound guy through it all. That's in the AM. Then fantasy football draft which may go long into bath time, and then off to a friends bday party...already tired.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 13:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I swear my wife could eat a turkey sammich whilst watching an autopsy and be just fine, but you show her a mouse (in person or even on TV), and she loses her shit. If she sees one, alive or dead, in the house, she's ready to nuke it from orbit and start over. I try to explain that for every live/dead one you see, there are dozens you don't see, so burning the house down and starting over is irrational. This does not help.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 13:10  United States
Silky Johnson

Old Post Aug-23-2019 13:15 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson

She found one dead mouse in the "new" house this week and was ready to either 1.) move (not sure if she was serious) or 2.) put a cat downstairs in that room.

Yeah, let's remedy the "singe dead mouse" situation by putting a cat, which readily conveys toxoplasmosis and requires a nasty ass litter box, in the room intended for bulk storage, possibly even for canned goods.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 13:19  United States
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Fully healed after my jawbone got infected. Trying to host my first bbq of the year today but I’m on my fourth shit in two hours. I still have to buy and clean all the seafood. I might marinade things in my diarrhea liquid

Old Post Aug-23-2019 15:20  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Fully healed after my jawbone got infected. Trying to host my first bbq of the year today but I’m on my fourth shit in two hours. I still have to buy and clean all the seafood. I might marinade things in my diarrhea liquid

Someone forgot to de-vein the shrimp again.

Old Post Aug-23-2019 15:22  United States
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I don’t mess up in the kitchen. I have eaten poorly due to not being able to open mouth to chew— all cravings had to be satisfied

Old Post Aug-23-2019 18:31  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 226
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown track [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOxygen - "Am I On Your Mind" (Lustral Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread