Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 232
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

For some ungodly reason I woke up at my work alarm time this morning, despite not having to work today. So here I am, starting the Friday thread.

Going to the opera tonight for a production of Puccini's Turandot. Very excited about that!

What are your plans?

Old Post Oct-04-2019 10:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Just finished cleaning the flat to Cattaneo's new Balance release. Not my favorite of his, but solid nonetheless.

Going to the cinema for the first time in years to see Joker tomorrow evening. I'm not much of a movie guy, so I'm more excited to watch football at the pub on Sunday with my fiance's brother, not that Kent is an exciting place to visit in the slightest.

I think the highlight of my weekend will be cooking dinner with a truffle sauce and an assortment of (expensive) dried mushrooms I picked up this week. Very excited about that!

Old Post Oct-04-2019 13:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Very excited about that!

Haw haw!

Old Post Oct-04-2019 14:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Ahh, the Turkish Daughter! Not my favourite Puccini, but that's a bit like saying 'not my favourite Côtes du Rhône.' I do wonder how it would have turned out if Puccini had actually finished it and hadn't died during the process, but oh well. Talk about lying down on the job, though

London Cocktail Week over here, so lots of old friends in town to see and drink with, to the detriment of my liver

Old Post Oct-04-2019 14:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

Friday is gonna be over in a minute here but today the fkin test was over!!
so I'll go to karaoke...

Old Post Oct-04-2019 15:01  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Ahh, the Turkish Daughter! Not my favourite Puccini, but that's a bit like saying 'not my favourite Côtes du Rhône.' I do wonder how it would have turned out if Puccini had actually finished it and hadn't died during the process, but oh well. Talk about lying down on the job, though

Lol, yeah. Have never been to the opera before and I would never pretend to be an afficionado. My gf bought tix for 4 or 5 performances and this one, especially this particular production, piqued my interest the most. I only learned a few days ago this is the opera Nessun Dorma is from.

My father loved Pavarotti, and while obviously not Pavarotti performing, I am prepared for big emotions during that aria.

Old Post Oct-04-2019 16:48 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Just finished cleaning the flat to Cattaneo's new Balance release. Not my favorite of his, but solid nonetheless.

Yeah, the slow disc is a bit of a let down, although I enjoyed the second disc more. On his Balance Presents Sudbeat comp a couple of years ago it was the other way around: the slow disc was sublime, but the prog disc was very dull.

When I saw him at Ministry in June he played a few tunes from it, although of course I didn't know that at the time. This one in particular was simmering:

As for tonight, off to the cinema to see Joker. Comic book films are rarely my bag (yeah, I know Judge Dredd is a comic) and the reviews for this one have been decidedly mixed, but at least it's unlikely to be a banal CGI punch-fest.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-04-2019 17:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol, yeah. Have never been to the opera before and I would never pretend to be an afficionado. My gf bought tix for 4 or 5 performances and this one, especially this particular production, piqued my interest the most. I only learned a few days ago this is the opera Nessun Dorma is from.

My father loved Pavarotti, and while obviously not Pavarotti performing, I am prepared for big emotions during that aria.

Robert Wilson, I see. Should be interesting! Hopefully it is enjoyable and hopefully it won't be your last! Opera needs fresh blood if it will survive into the 21st century.

I'm not a huge Pavarotti fan, insofar as I'll never listen to his recordings, but seeing the pure joy on his face when he sings (sung) is wonderful. Hope the aria delivers the feels!

Old Post Oct-04-2019 17:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Oh certainly not my last! No real reason for not going until now. I love new experiences, and especially music + performing arts, and while I am mostly clueless about opera, I know I will really appreciate and enjoy the experience. I guess just time and opportunity really. Have never been to the ballet, either. But definitely will get to that sooner than later.

Old Post Oct-04-2019 17:57 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
As for tonight, off to the cinema to see Joker. Comic book films are rarely my bag (yeah, I know Judge Dredd is a comic) and the reviews for this one have been decidedly mixed, but at least it's unlikely to be a banal CGI punch-fest.

I was talking to my wife about comic book films, and The Joker in particular, last night and I completely forgot Dredd was a comic book film.

Odd since we literally discussed the film a few weeks back.

Look forward to hearing what you think about The Joker. My wife is concerned it will contribute to Incel murder-rampages. I said that if she thinks that, we should ban all rap/hip-hop/drill music

Old Post Oct-04-2019 19:10 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Best way to go shopping on Friday, wife sees new pair of jeans, orders right size, I drive to the store, try it, buy it, 5 minutes

Football match with the boys tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be dry after a rainy week.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-04-2019 20:59  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

I’ve had a month from hell. I’m just going to stay in and lick my wounds.

Old Post Oct-04-2019 21:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 232
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown house tune (PvD played) [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRaw Shape - "Come Back" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread