Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lews - What Is Progressive Anyways? [Progressive House Classics]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Lews - What Is Progressive Anyways? [Progressive House Classics]

Apparently it has been 2 Years, 11 Months, and 25 Days since my last mix! With my wife away last night and only a bottle of Chianti to keep me warm, it seemed proper to restart that timer.

As this was rather impromptu, and I'm not a very skilled DJ, some of the transitions are pretty rough. Still, I figured I'd upload this in case anyone was needing to hear some early 90s Progressive House Classics. Or Progressive Trance Classics. Or Trance. Or whatever crate these tunes should be put into!

Dance 2 Trance – We Came In Peace (’91 Mix) [Logic Records, 1993]
Dr. Atomic – Schudelfloss (High On Hedonism Mix) [Guerilla, 1993]
Hysterix – Talk To Me (Sasha’s Full Music Mix) [Deconstruction, 1993]
Leftfield – Song of Life (Extended Version) [Hard Hands, 1992]
Leftfield – Song of Life (Steppin’ Razor Mix) [Hard Hands, 1992]
108 Grand – Te Quiero (Darren Emerson Underworld Remix) [Brute Records, 1992]
Bedrock – Set in Stone [Stress Records, 1997]
Bedrock ft. KYO – For What You Dream Of… (Full On Renaissance Mix) [Stress Records, 1993]
Virtualmismo – Mismoplastico (Saxoplastic Mix) [Progressive Motion Records, 1992]
Virtualmismo – Mismoplastico (Virtual Mix) [Progressive Motion Records, 1992]
Brothers Love Dubs – The Mighty Ming! (Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix) [Stress Records, 1992]
Slacker – Jukebox In The Sky [Loaded Records, 1995]
The Bubble – The Bubble (Temple of Doom Mix) [Jackpot, 1995]
Blue Amazon – Star Of David [Jackpot, 1995]
Dubstar – Stars (Way Out West Mix) [Food, 1995]
Hal 9000 – Stoopid (108 Grand Remix) [Fresh, 1995]
BT – Divinity [Perfecto, 1995]
Grace – Not Over Yet (B.T.’s Spirit of Grace) [Perfecto, 1995]
Pob – The Essence (Remixed By Clanger) [Seismic Records, 1993]

Old Post Nov-09-2019 12:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Well I was always going to give this a listen, even if I already knew 15 out of the 19 tunes pretty damn well (and I've played about 8 of them in my own sets, I reckon). Obviously it was an impromptu mix-up and so the flow and transitions aren't 100% smooth in places. With that said, I was surprised by how many of the transitions you made work even though I was thinking "He surely can't mix out of this smoothly". Schudelfloss into Talk To Me was one such example, or For What You Dream Of into Virtualmismo. The one place you did shank the flow was going into Set In Stone - it almost felt like a change-over of DJ at that point. Otherwise the mixing was occasionally forceful but surprisingly effective.

My favourite section was definitely The Bubble through to the end. I'd forgotten how good that tune is, and then the transition into Star Of David had me raving around the ironing board. I also particularly liked how you mixed into Not Over Yet. I've never thought of doing it that way - using the intro to create a big dramatic build up - and it worked very well. Again, I didn't think you'd be able to flow out of Divinity, what with it being such a monumental "climax" tune, but you found a way.

So yeah. A fun mix rather than a carefully crafted artistic statement, but it certainly did the job for me.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-12-2019 22:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

As soon as I began mixing into Set in Stone I knew I had made a mistake (and not just because it's from '97). That whole early section is a bit messy but that's definitely my least favourite part of the whole mix.

Divinity -> Not Over Yet was the only pre-planned part of the whole set, so I'm very glad you liked that in particular!

Old Post Nov-14-2019 14:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Elusiv
Suspended User

This was a great mix and good effort on your part Lews. I know of some of these tunes were particularly somewhat difficult to piece together and you did it nicely. Honestly, some of the tunes I never heard before and some bring back memories. You should def make more mixes, imo. Have a good one man, cheers, JP.

Old Post Nov-16-2019 08:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Elusiv Click here to Send Elusiv a Private Message Add Elusiv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Lews - What Is Progressive Anyways? [Progressive House Classics]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackspongebob trance remix [2008] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVanessa Mae - "White Bird" (Cosmic Gate Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread