Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Meat187 - Mono no aware [Synthwave, Outrun, Retro Electro]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Meat187 - Mono no aware [Synthwave, Outrun, Retro Electro]

Time for another synthwave mix. To some it might sound gimmicky, but for me this is one of the most interesting and freshest genres around. So many out these track sound as if they would be played up and down every radio station had they been made in the 80s. I'm actually quite puzzled about how this stuff hasn't reached a more mainstream audience.
As for the title, it was been translated as the impermanence of things, an empathy toward things or the sadness of seeing time pass. However, Lira told me it actually means the monkey is not aware.

Tracklist:

01. Trevor Something - Summer Love
02. FM-84 - Outatime
03. DJ Ten & By an Ion - Eternal
04. Nightcrawler feat. Dana Jean Phoenix - Genesis
05. Sellorekt / LA Dreams - Sudden Moves
06. Tokyo Rose - Need for Speed
07. Robert Parker feat. Shyguys - Generation '82
08. Miami Nights 1984 - Pavement Surfing
09. Neon Nox feat. Rebecka Stragefors - Checkpoint
10. Unknown Anomaly - Thousands of Miles away
11. Jordan F - Final Flash
12. Way out West - We love Machine [FM Attack Remix]
13. Futurecop! feat. Parallels - Edge of the Universe [Robert Parker Remix]
14. FM Attack - Sleepless Nights
15. The Midnight feat. Timecop1983 - River of Darkness
16. D/A/D - Backbone of the Night
17. VHS Dreams - Bodywork
18. A Space Love Adventure feat. Highway Superstar - Midnight Stinger
19. Bossfight - Commando Steve

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on Aug-27-2023 at 11:05

Old Post Nov-19-2019 07:11  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Bump.
Looks like people are only interested in business techno these days.

Old Post Dec-08-2019 12:28  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
anubisz
Junior tranceaddict

Don't take it on yourself, this is good stuff You can't control the trends, you could jump on the train if you want to, but if this is your path, you have to find the right audience.. Start to promote this on "Stranger Things" or "WonderWoman 84" forums, you'll get attention
Keep up the good work!

The Evolution Of Vocal Trance (1999-2019)
7.5 Hour Techno Yearmix 2019
Classic Progressive Vinyl DJ Sets
6.5 Hour Classic Deep Minimal Tech Break Prog Vinyl Set

Old Post Dec-09-2019 11:49  Hungary
Click Here to See the Profile for anubisz Click here to Send anubisz a Private Message Add anubisz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Forgot to comment on this, I listened to this mix the other day while getting some grocery shopping done and I was envisioning myself wearing a neon windbreaker and cool sunglasses whilst moving through the store. Spotted a few tracks from my 2016 mix Electric Summer. Nice choices. I like Outatime as well. I will say that I tend to prefer the synthwave tracks without lyrics but either way it was enjoyable. Thanks for the music!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-01-2020 13:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancef0rmer
Junior tranceaddict

This is a very different yet amazing mix.
I have heard a few of the tunes in there. The mix just amplifies the effect and truly transported me to `Stranger things` like world.

Amazing job done sir!!! Much appreciated.

Old Post Jan-06-2020 07:59  India
Click Here to See the Profile for trancef0rmer Click here to Send trancef0rmer a Private Message Add trancef0rmer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by anubisz
Don't take it on yourself, this is good stuff [...] Start to promote this on "Stranger Things" or "WonderWoman 84" forums, you'll get attention
Keep up the good work!

Thanks man. Though I don't think I'll ever want validation so much that I'll join the WonderWoman 84 forum. But I get your point

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Forgot to comment on this, I listened to this mix the other day while getting some grocery shopping done and I was envisioning myself wearing a neon windbreaker and cool sunglasses whilst moving through the store. Spotted a few tracks from my 2016 mix Electric Summer. Nice choices. I like Outatime as well. I will say that I tend to prefer the synthwave tracks without lyrics but either way it was enjoyable. Thanks for the music!

Glad you liked it. And you should totally wear those exact clothes. I would mind retro fashion becoming a thing. You and many people prefer this genre without vocals, I guess this is were my preference for cheese, Eurodance and Vocal Trance shines through. I'll try to not go too much towards vocals and pop in future installments.

quote:
Originally posted by trancef0rmer
This is a very different yet amazing mix.
I have heard a few of the tunes in there. The mix just amplifies the effect and truly transported me to `Stranger things` like world.

Amazing job done sir!!! Much appreciated.

Thanks, glad you liked it. For me also Stranger Things brought this 80s retro vibe into the limelight. Not so much the music, a lot of people list Drive as the movie that started the sound trend, but it became more popular through Stranger Things and hopefully has some more way to go.

Old Post Jan-06-2020 21:39  Germany
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

As I mentioned in one of your other Synthwave mixes from a few years back I've probably been listening to this genre more than any other in the past 5yrs.

Really enjoyed this one! You picked out some great tracks and some of my favourites of the past few years. I really love Checkpoint and basically anything by The Midnight and FM-84 so you nailed that. ha!

I'm not here very often now so off to listen to your other Synthwave mixes from the past year or so....

The infamous Rojam ID. 14 years, 9 months and counting...

Old Post Mar-08-2020 13:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Meat187 - Mono no aware [Synthwave, Outrun, Retro Electro]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhat Electro Track ID Needed! [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHatiras – Money Shot [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread