Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 295 - New Year's Day - 2021 hath arrived
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Hello! Friday 295 - New Year's Day - 2021 hath arrived

Congratulate yourselves on surviving the longest year of our lives (thus far)

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jan-01-2021 23:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

It didn't feel long at all to me

Let's hope 2021 is gonna be better.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-02-2021 10:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Indeed - guess he didn't experience the long, harsh winter of '44-'45.

Old Post Jan-02-2021 14:16  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

We lost rann(was it this year) and orangesto this year

Old Post Jan-02-2021 15:38  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

RANN was September 2019.

Old Post Jan-02-2021 15:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Lest we forget

Old Post Jan-02-2021 15:59  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've had much tougher years than 2020, believe me. I didn't lose my job or any loved ones and neither did anyone I know. The weather was nice and I spent three months getting paid to lay in the sun. Despite all the rules and restrictions I managed to have some great times with my mates. It's been frustrating at times and I've missed clubbing and loud dance music most of all, but overall I've been very lucky through this thing.

It's the young kids just coming into the world of work who I feel for. When I graduated in 2009 we were in the depths of a global recession and times were very hard for me for a couple of years. What I went through then they'll be going through now.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-02-2021 18:38  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

If anyone posts any "hindsight is 2020" jokes, I'm going to delete my account

Old Post Jan-03-2021 03:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've had much tougher years than 2020, believe me. I didn't lose my job or any loved ones and neither did anyone I know. The weather was nice and I spent three months getting paid to lay in the sun. Despite all the rules and restrictions I managed to have some great times with my mates. It's been frustrating at times and I've missed clubbing and loud dance music most of all, but overall I've been very lucky through this thing.

It's the young kids just coming into the world of work who I feel for. When I graduated in 2009 we were in the depths of a global recession and times were very hard for me for a couple of years. What I went through then they'll be going through now.

I hear you and agree. We have been mostly unaffected as well. Husband's business is considered essential and obviously I am an essential worker. We have been counting our blessings now more than ever, and really just so grateful to be in a good position. Miss traveling, parties, live music, and gathering with strangers a whole bunch, but otherwise our lifestyle has not changed much. The thing I am actually looking forward to the most once we get a better handle on this is a long, leisurely, decadent dinner out at a killer restaurant with friends.

Giving up some of life's luxuries/privileges temporarily is NOTHING compared to many other storms I've weathered in life. The way so many privileged people are complaining after only ONE YEAR of this is goddamn brutal.

Old Post Jan-03-2021 15:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
The thing I am actually looking forward to the most once we get a better handle on this is a long, leisurely, decadent dinner out at a killer restaurant with friends.

the amount of photos or texts from friends and family about their homemade creations that look like crap this pandemic really triggered me lol. i'm the only one who is formally/classically trained and who has any professional experience and they want me to validate their shit.. the worst part culprit, one of my friends, sends me the equivalent of slop on a plate and expects me to reply with something else than 'why u serving dog food brush'. i then rage and send him beautifully plated octopus with tomato sauce and man says 'doesn't need sauce'. what a fag.

/ end rant

whats the one meal you'd go for right now if restos were open?

Old Post Jan-03-2021 18:31  Norfolk Island
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Wait, the McDonald's liquid shits guy is a trained chef?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-03-2021 19:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

A proper British dish like Chinese

Old Post Jan-03-2021 19:10  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 295 - New Year's Day - 2021 hath arrived
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback3rd track from Marco V @ Godskitchen 19-10-02 [2003] [8]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLoway - "2 Bags Of Grass" (Loway's Solid Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread